Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I order the x1 enduro in the 750 watt watt configuration, can I later buy the $300 ludicrous mode option and install it myself?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Unlike other bafang models, M600 controllers have to be matched to the motor by a bafang dealer with custom hardware and dealer credentials. So no, that would not be possible to just connect it to the motor.

Hi, I just got the Eggrider V2 display from Luna. Is there a clear faq on adjusting the settings? I wanted to reproduce the original Luna display settings -for top speed, eg.

Comment

Hi, I ordered the DNM front replacement front axle and I appreciate you guys having it in stock, it shipped today. I am just wondering if their is any way to just get a replacement axle cap. Mine fell off during my first ride, and I ordered the axle to get back to riding but would love to just get a cap to replace the one I lost.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry we only have them as sets...

I bought a bbshd with ludicrous on the khs 3000 complete bike about 1 year old has about 14500 miles on it the display and controller have been malfunctioning turning off by itself and when moving down from level 3 back to 1 or zero won't power back up unless I restart the controller by turning it off then on and then works again. I've been interested in the Batt controller, this one has been working well but if I need to replace it I'll go for the batt if you have them. In the mean time troubleshooting the current issues any suggestions

Comment

Batman controller, thanks for the reply does lunA have controllers in stock

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Batt-Man is a watt meter, not a controller... It would not replace either the actual controller or the display. It would be wired in line with discharge. Can be useful for power readings and so on, but if you are having an issue with a broken part that is not going to help much.

Yes we have ludicrous controllers in stock. Standard controllers are also in stock. If you want replacement ludi controller either email support or hit me up and I'll give you the details

Thank you I might need a new ludi controller it's still working but I'll use it until it fails, please send me the info on a replacement ludicrous controller...the throttle is still good but intermittent shut down and not returning to power after dropping level requires a restart... Thanks for the info on the bat I measure by volts so it's working fine with the ludicrous controller i would not need a bat.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      The link and authorization for that is typically not published publicly but if you reach out we would be happy to hook you up

Did Luna Cycle used to have a video showing this product for wrapping a battery pack that would turn it into a hard pack? If anyone knows what this product is can you please inform me....

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      I shot a bit of an unofficial video on wrapping a softpack in Fiberfix couple years back, is that what you are referring to? Here's the video https://youtu.be/fOeXkg02iwQ

Been very happy with my X1 for the first 100miles but just getting this terrible noise coming from the motor:

Any idea what this could be? Is it the plastic gear disintegrating?

Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm, have you checked that the motor itself is not just a little loose on the mount? Like by trying to physically move it up/down and side to side with your hands? If so then it would just be a matter of tightening up the bolts that attach it to the bike. If no joy I would recommend to make a support ticket https://lunacycle.com/support-request/

• TjS
      TjS commented
      Editing a comment
      Tightened all screws and fixed this issue. Not sure which one was the culprit but its all taken care of :)

Thanks!

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      That is great news :)

I have a Luna advanced charger 300w that has decided to stop working. What it does is show 58.8v on the voltmeter but when I plug it into the battery it starts to charge, fan comes on the charger, Green LED goes red but just for a second. Then it shuts off and the voltmeter goes to battery voltage. I unplug the battery and the charger will sit and try to reset with the voltmeter showing around 10 volts. Green LED sits and flickers. It will just sit that way for a minute or two then eventually you hear it kick in and go back to 58.8v. Plug the battery back in...same thing. I tried a light bulb...the light bulb lights up for that split second then it goes out. Basically the charger just doesn't want to work under load. I checked the output under no load and it reads 58.8. And when it shuts itself off it's like 10v. Any ideas. I've opened it up and can't find anything visibly wrong...mosfets measure fine...one of those head scratchers. Thinking it must be in the control circuitry...maybe a bad chip? Weird.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah there's probably no saving that one

• xbradley
      xbradley commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, thanks...Yeah without a schematic I'm flying blind in there.

Ok so is this how this works? I have the Luna 52v battery pack running a bafang 750w geared rear hub with this controller pictured. I believe a 750c display. The issue is that the throttle functions hit or miss. When given full throttle the bike get up to around 18mph. Release the throttle and hit it again and you get a bit more power and speed. I can do this 4-5 times to get progressively faster. Then sometimes I get nothing at all when I hit the throttle. It feels more like an off and on switch than and actual throttle. I am wondering if this is a programming issue I might be able to fix?!? Thanks for any help guys.
    Attached Files

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Does not appear programmable. Did you buy the motor from us? We have not sold bafang geared hubs for years

• Roosterclay
      Roosterclay commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope its from Amazon. The battery is yours. Was just hoping someone had this problem before.

Another noobie question...

My bike is a Salsa Timberjack, with a Shimano 1x12 SLX gearset, and a BBSHD. I switched out the stock chainring for a Luna One 36 Tooth Chainring. It works fine with my 12-speed chain, but I need more offset because I can’t use the four lowest gears, and fifth gear is iffy.

So, I did some research, and bought a Lekkie 42 tooth Bling Ring. The Lekkie site said it would work with some 12-speeds. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work with mine. It’s way too tight.

Since the 36T Luna One works well with my chain, I’m wondering if the Luna Eclipse 42 will also work. The Luna website says it works up to 10-speed, but if the teeth are the same design as the Luna One (whose page mentions no xx-speed limitations) it could be exactly what I need.

Has anyone had success with this chainring and a 1x12 Shimano gearset?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• AchyLegs
      AchyLegs commented
      Editing a comment
      Last question:
      I have a brand new spare chain. If I order an Eclipse it would only take a couple of seconds to verify whether it will work for me, without ever mounting it on the bike. If it doesn’t fit the chain, can I return it?

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      That's fine. We won't be able to refund the shipping though. Also it probably goes without saying but if it turns out it takes months to come to the decision it won't fit there may be a 10% restock fee.

• AchyLegs
      AchyLegs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Hello Eric,
    my name is Jose and I just registered today. I was wondering if you can please tell me what are the size gauge wires from the BBSO2 controller that connects to the battery (red/black). I recently purchased a BBSO2 750watts from Luna and instead of using the two pins I would like to modify it with 45 amp Anderson Connectors. I have 30amp so far as parts in my garage, according to the research that I found online they suggest to use 45amp instead of the 30 amp.. Do you agree?
    Last edited by Jose; 06-28-2020, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually 14awg

Sure Anderson pp45 are good.

Hello ,

I am not sure what is happening - I have a BBSHD 1000w with a 48V battery, I changed the battery to 52 and zero response - the C18 color display does not turn on at all - you can not program the controller. I came back to 48V and everything is fine. What could it be - I checked the connections and plugs, everything is ok. Unfortunately, my BBShd 1000 doesn't want to work with a 52V battery - what could it be?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      If it did, your display would still power up, but you would get error 7 on the display. It does not just cease to power on when you hit error 7, that is not how that works. If it did cease to power on, it would do so permanently, because the caps would have blown.

You can easily test your theory by the way. Take your 52v nominal battery pack, draw it down to below 54.6, then plug it back in and see if it powers up or not. Also, bypass the battery using the 52v charger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSy_Ufl3BUM

• Cezar
      Cezar commented
      Editing a comment
      What to connect to a 58.8V battery to lower its voltage to 54.6v and below .

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      This infographic has some suggestions on stuff you can do, see the portion titled discharge methods

I think I’ve blown my bbs02 controller. The motor works sometimes and then sometimes I hit the throttle and nothing happens.

I think my friend didn’t down shift when I let him ride it and he blew the controller with my 52 tooth chainring. Any suggestions?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      I would check the phase wires are plugged in, check the throttle is not just acting up by seeing if you can get PAS to work when this happens, check that you do not have the ebrakes on or engaged or touching any metal (and see if the related (!) is showing on the display indicating ebrakes are on at the time), check the harness is intact and in good working condition..if all that is fine then I would try a controller

Luna X1 Enduro. Chain jumped and got locked up. Motor/display shutdown. Normal startup sequence doesn't work. I assume/hope the bike has an overload protection circuit. Any ideas on how to reset so I can go back to my fun?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm... well it is definitely fixable but given you are describing a whole series of events it would be best to email support@lunacycle.com so we can go step by step, starting with order#, voltage reading, what you are seeing on display when cycling the power etc

• ebikefreak
      ebikefreak commented
      Editing a comment
      Problem solved & it was one of those DUH moments. Handlebars turned so far when I fell down that it pulled the connecter out on back on display. Plug it back in WORKS. That is a duh moment.
Working...
X