Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have any newest Bafang Ultra motors in stock? Will you be selling those and the brackets again? I'm working in a custom build and would love to have one and preferably from Luna. And if possible, a steel bracket. Thank you!

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe it will be as Eric mentioned this would be restocked at some point, he did not mention a definitive timeframe far as I know though

• brettvogel
      brettvogel commented
      Editing a comment
      When/if you get those in stock, will you have steel brackets available? If not, do you know anyone who makes a steel bracket for the Bafang Ultra motor? Also, if you don't know where to find a steel one.. do you have any aluminum ones in stock by chance? I can probably find someone to make a steel one if I have an aluminum one as an example. Thank you!

I have a new mid drive 1000W bafang motor and when on the throttle while in the lowest gear on the cassette (smallest ring) I continually hear a loud sound from the motor like something is smacking it. If I shift into one of the higher gears it doesn't happen, but the bike doesn't go as fast when in the higher gears. I'm thinking the chain might be too long (too much slack) and its getting chain suck into the motor? Should the chain be shortened a link or two? any advice.

Thanks,

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      The smallest gear is the highest gear, not the lowest. Think of it like this, high gear - high speed, low gear - low speed.

No idea if the chain is too long as I have not even seen it. If you see the derailer completely without any tension in that highest gear it may be the cause. Or it could be skipping, which could be any number of factors https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...bshd-and-bbs02

Could even be the freewheel body is failing inside of the rear wheel. I had a Deore rear hub do that once. Replacing it was easier than I would have thought, just bought the freewheel body for like 20 bucks and watched a youtube video on it. Took like an hour.

Any word on the Sur-Ron Mid/Late June Deliver?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      The container should be arriving today

• Two_wheel_fun
      Two_wheel_fun commented
      Editing a comment
      Great. Thx. No more sharing a bike with my son (who never gets tired).

Click image for larger version

Name:	luna-checkout-error.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	109073 When I go to checkout the Cyclone 3000W kit, I get this error message above which prevents me from checking out. Can anyone help?

Attached Files

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Will need to check on that. In the meantime you may be able to use the isis option instead

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Should be fixed now

Hello Happy foruth of July Quick question I replace the nylon with Metal gear and subsequently have broken the helical spindle that is attached to the core. the core is fine can I get the spindle gear or do I need a new core and I look on your site I have a 100mm BBSHD the core is asking me to pick 68-73 but aren't all cores the same ? let me know before I order it Thanks Charles

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      We just have cores, sorry

Originally posted by eWolf View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	luna-checkout-error.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	109073 When I go to checkout the Cyclone 3000W kit, I get this error message above which prevents me from checking out. Can anyone help?

Thank you for the reply. The bike I am building already has square tapered cranks. Is it possible to buy the kit without the cranks?

Comment

• eWolf
      eWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I see. If I select the ISIS BB (additional $35), will the kit come with the ISIS cranks as well, or would I have to purchase my own?

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      You would want to select both the isis bb and the isis cranks. It is a separate option within the listing.

• eWolf
      eWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      I see. The reason I ask is because the only option shown is the standard square tapered cranks. There is no option for the ISIS cranks. There is some sort of issue with the cranks selection. No matter what I do, I keep getting an error (shown in my screenshot). I hope this gets fixed soon because I'm going off to college soon and need to finish my build! Thanks.

Try a different browser

Comment

• eWolf
      eWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried everything, still doesn't work. It's seemingly a problem on Luna's end unfortunately.

Hi could someone please tell me what would be a replacement headset for luna X1? I am looking to replace it with a quality headset like chris king? Is it integrated semi integrated? I am a little confused thanks.

Comment

Hi,
      Does anyone know where i can buy the rear axle for the hub engine? Like this.

Comment

• Drilldad06
        Drilldad06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe AliExpress

• luka
        luka commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't fint on AliExpress

I have a client with a Luna BBS02 that goes to full throttle with any pedal input unless PAS is on 0. Throttle works normally. Do I need to replace controller or can I get PAS parts?

Comment

I have preordered an X1 and would like to add racks/cargo carrying accessoiries. How does this work with the carbon frame? Are there multiple mounting points like those used for water bottle cages or how could I adapt a rack or other cargo carrying parts to this bike?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be difficult on most enduro bikes since they are not really built for that, they are built for downhill etc. You could probably put a headset mounted front rack on the front. Maybe a seatpost mounted bag as well but it might interfere with the dropper

Hey! I'm worried I got a bunk battery on one of my new bikes. I accepted 2 X Bikes on Friday, unpacked them and charged them both to 100% while I built them both. The bike in question started running about 10-15% lower than the other after the first identical ride around the house. I left them both in the garage and the "good one" is still at 60% where I left it and the other turned on to be at 16%. I rode it for about 10 minutes and it went to 0% and cut out completely. I've been charging it since then for about 4 hours and it is only at 21%. I'm worried! Thanks!

Comment

Hello!
      Does the BBS02 Mid Drive kit come fully "unlocked" for maximum power or do I need the programming cable to do that?
      Thank you!

Comment

• brettvogel
        brettvogel commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, where can I find the settings for the limitless profile? Also, I pretty much just use the throttle on this single speed bike I converted. If I switch to limitless should I worry about the motor over heating? Thanks man!

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        It is one of the preloaded profiles in this software on this page https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...shd-mid-drives

Limitless would not affect the propensity to overheat one way or the other. Would be something I would keep an eye on if you can not downshift on hills though. Put your hand on the motor and feel how hot it is getting every once in a while. If it burns you, may want to gear it differently

• brettvogel
        brettvogel commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that, however, I'm on Mac OS and not Windows. From the instructions it only says Windows 7 or higher. Is there a Mac driver or program for this cable?

I’m looking to buy a new controller from you guys and was wondering what would be best. Done with Chinese crap. I have a 72v 1500w rear hub motor and a 72v 25ah lifePO4 battery. What do you suggest as far as controller? Thanks.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Most electronics are made in china.. we don't focus on hubmotors these days, sorry. Maybe try a sabvoton

• Drilldad06
        Drilldad06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok cool thanks.

New builder

I'm looking at some front hub ebikes. And I've noticed a few of them have specifications like, "48 Volt electrokinetic cell battery with a nominal capacity not less than 11.6Ah is required."

If I where to buy a 48 Volt or 52 Volt battery with lets say 9.8 ah or 11.4ah would the bike still work under the above conditions?

I thought that as long as voltage matches the motor requirements ah could be more flexible. But would change the range of the bike?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        If you use a battery on the smaller side as far as capacity, you will have greater voltage sag and possibly the battery management system will not even have a peak discharge rating high enough to match what the kit wants to pull when under a high load. That note is just meant to protect you from issues such as protective shutdown. So yeah it would probably still work if it is just a bit less capacity, it just may not be ideal. However there are some battery packs that have low capacity but high discharge rating, and in those instances the note you are reading would not apply.

Basically they are trying to idiot-proof a concept that is difficult to explain due to edge cases.
    Working...
    X