Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Happy foruth of July Quick question I replace the nylon with Metal gear and subsequently have broken the helical spindle that is attached to the core. the core is fine can I get the spindle gear or do I need a new core and I look on your site I have a 100mm BBSHD the core is asking me to pick 68-73 but aren't all cores the same ? let me know before I order it Thanks Charles

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      We just have cores, sorry

Originally posted by eWolf View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	luna-checkout-error.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	109073 When I go to checkout the Cyclone 3000W kit, I get this error message above which prevents me from checking out. Can anyone help?

Thank you for the reply. The bike I am building already has square tapered cranks. Is it possible to buy the kit without the cranks?

Comment

• eWolf
      eWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I see. If I select the ISIS BB (additional $35), will the kit come with the ISIS cranks as well, or would I have to purchase my own?

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      You would want to select both the isis bb and the isis cranks. It is a separate option within the listing.

• eWolf
      eWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      I see. The reason I ask is because the only option shown is the standard square tapered cranks. There is no option for the ISIS cranks. There is some sort of issue with the cranks selection. No matter what I do, I keep getting an error (shown in my screenshot). I hope this gets fixed soon because I'm going off to college soon and need to finish my build! Thanks.

Try a different browser

Comment

• eWolf
      eWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried everything, still doesn't work. It's seemingly a problem on Luna's end unfortunately.

Hi could someone please tell me what would be a replacement headset for luna X1? I am looking to replace it with a quality headset like chris king? Is it integrated semi integrated? I am a little confused thanks.

Comment

Hi,
      Does anyone know where i can buy the rear axle for the hub engine? Like this.

Comment

• Drilldad06
        Drilldad06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe AliExpress

• luka
        luka commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't fint on AliExpress

I have a client with a Luna BBS02 that goes to full throttle with any pedal input unless PAS is on 0. Throttle works normally. Do I need to replace controller or can I get PAS parts?

Comment

I have preordered an X1 and would like to add racks/cargo carrying accessoiries. How does this work with the carbon frame? Are there multiple mounting points like those used for water bottle cages or how could I adapt a rack or other cargo carrying parts to this bike?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be difficult on most enduro bikes since they are not really built for that, they are built for downhill etc. You could probably put a headset mounted front rack on the front. Maybe a seatpost mounted bag as well but it might interfere with the dropper

Hey! I'm worried I got a bunk battery on one of my new bikes. I accepted 2 X Bikes on Friday, unpacked them and charged them both to 100% while I built them both. The bike in question started running about 10-15% lower than the other after the first identical ride around the house. I left them both in the garage and the "good one" is still at 60% where I left it and the other turned on to be at 16%. I rode it for about 10 minutes and it went to 0% and cut out completely. I've been charging it since then for about 4 hours and it is only at 21%. I'm worried! Thanks!

Comment

Hello!
      Does the BBS02 Mid Drive kit come fully "unlocked" for maximum power or do I need the programming cable to do that?
      Thank you!

Comment

• brettvogel
        brettvogel commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, where can I find the settings for the limitless profile? Also, I pretty much just use the throttle on this single speed bike I converted. If I switch to limitless should I worry about the motor over heating? Thanks man!

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        It is one of the preloaded profiles in this software on this page https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...shd-mid-drives

Limitless would not affect the propensity to overheat one way or the other. Would be something I would keep an eye on if you can not downshift on hills though. Put your hand on the motor and feel how hot it is getting every once in a while. If it burns you, may want to gear it differently

• brettvogel
        brettvogel commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that, however, I'm on Mac OS and not Windows. From the instructions it only says Windows 7 or higher. Is there a Mac driver or program for this cable?

I’m looking to buy a new controller from you guys and was wondering what would be best. Done with Chinese crap. I have a 72v 1500w rear hub motor and a 72v 25ah lifePO4 battery. What do you suggest as far as controller? Thanks.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Most electronics are made in china.. we don't focus on hubmotors these days, sorry. Maybe try a sabvoton

• Drilldad06
        Drilldad06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok cool thanks.

New builder

I'm looking at some front hub ebikes. And I've noticed a few of them have specifications like, "48 Volt electrokinetic cell battery with a nominal capacity not less than 11.6Ah is required."

If I where to buy a 48 Volt or 52 Volt battery with lets say 9.8 ah or 11.4ah would the bike still work under the above conditions?

I thought that as long as voltage matches the motor requirements ah could be more flexible. But would change the range of the bike?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        If you use a battery on the smaller side as far as capacity, you will have greater voltage sag and possibly the battery management system will not even have a peak discharge rating high enough to match what the kit wants to pull when under a high load. That note is just meant to protect you from issues such as protective shutdown. So yeah it would probably still work if it is just a bit less capacity, it just may not be ideal. However there are some battery packs that have low capacity but high discharge rating, and in those instances the note you are reading would not apply.

Basically they are trying to idiot-proof a concept that is difficult to explain due to edge cases.

Hi there - three questions from someone who is ready to order a BBSHD kit (I think):

1. Is there a "recommended" gear ratio for the BBSHD on a single speed setup? I see from the BBSHD documentation that the motor's "rated RPM" is between 130 and 150. Understanding that I might sacrifice some top speed, what's the healthiest ratio for the motor? I should add that I've read about the disadvantages of a mid drive setup with a single speed. My plan is eventually to put the BBSHD on a geared cargo bike but for now... the monocog is what I'm working with and I'm excited to get going on it.

2. Not being familiar with the motor or drive, if I were to select the default thumb throttle from the kit builder, does that throttle act like an ON/OFF switch or is it like a varistor that lets you creep along with a light touch and go full bore with a heavy thumb? In other words, I'm wondering if there's a way to control speed when in full electric mode (not pedaling). Thinking again here about the SS setup. I wouldn't want to overtorque the motor by having it turn on full bore trying to turn a higher gear from a low starting speed.

3. What's the chain width of the stock chainwheel on the BBSHD?

Thank you in advance!

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        We don't recommend use with single speed so can not recommend a gear ratio, sorry. Mid drives should be paired with a drivetrain allowing them to shift through gears so you are not lugging the motor, if this can not be done it could damage something as well as likely not providing maximum top speed or reaching the range you would otherwise be getting. If you do this you're probably on your own. That said, if I were to pick a single sprocket on my cassette that I had to be using all the time for some reason, I would probably pick the middle one.

The throttle allows some variation in modulating how much power it puts out. Some of the alternate programming profiles can help make that a little more fine grained if you want.

Not sure the specifics on the stock ring as I don't have one in front of me at the moment but it's pretty thin. Also notable that it is not a narrow/wide chainring. It will work with most chains.

Appreciate the reply, paxtana. Sounds like the first step will be converting the monocog to a 1x9, then.

Good info on the other points as well. Thank you!

Comment

I’ve got a question on charging battery packs. Say i have a 14s7p pack made of 2000mah cells. If i understand right, a conservative charge rate for the cells would 0.5C-1C which would be 1-2A. If I use the luna advanced charger at 5A, is the amperage divided by the number of parallel banks? So 5A into 7 banks would be about 0.7A per bank which would be considered a slow charge for maximal life rather than a fast charge that pushes the cells?

thank you!
        Intro, Belt Driven Build

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes each parallel string divides that current input, much like how each parallel string divides the load during discharge

• Overkill
          Overkill commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

I recently purchased a X1 Enduro bike and unfortunately had a front tire blow out. I am not sure how it came off during fixing the flat, but I am now in need of an End Cap that can replace the one that I can no longer find.

Upon inspection of the wheel, I see that I have a 15x110mm Maxle thru-axle (158mm length), but am not sure which size End Cap I should purchase. I have researched a bit online but am only able to locate conversion kits that have end caps that say they fit 15x110mm thru-axles, but I am uncertain whether there is a specific end cap that I should purchase for seamless transition with the X1 Enduro eBike.

Can anyone please give the specifications for the correct End Cap so that I can purchase the appropriate replacement part and get back to riding. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X