Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My X-1 is creaking with every crank rotation while on PAS 3 so I've retightened all bolts except these two which are keep rotating. I am 100% sure I didn't strip them. What are these bolts? Should they be tightened? Click image for larger version  Name:	81ED7952-E1CE-4CD1-87BD-B71ABB76CD86.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	862.1 KB ID:	117909
    Last edited by alosip; 11-17-2020, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I opened the plastic motor cover on other side. I can see now that these are motor mounting bolts with nuts. Now I can tighten these bolts easily. Does anyone know what torque is specified for these bolts? Hope it'll stop creaking. I've been chasing my x-1 creaking here and there for two months.
      Last edited by alosip; 11-17-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

is TESTING a HUB MOTOR WITH BBS02 controller possible?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Not easily

Hi,
        I would like to ask if there is any possibilities to buy either Bbshd with ludicrous controller or only ludicrous controller?
        On your website there is information that you have to have permit eg from Eric?
        I would love to have this unit. I am riding my Bbshd for 2 years now but qould like to have more amps into it.
        My second question is, can it be riding qith 15s battery or only 14s max?
        Greetings:)

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          If you buy the kit from us or have bought it in the past, then yes we can sell you the controller. Or if you are buying a full kit and want to get ludicrous controller at the same time, that's also doable. You can pm me or email support@lunacycle.com attn:gary

It is 14s max

With a BBSHD and Ludicrous controller, I have twice flipped my rigid frame fat bike over backwards while climbing up a steep rocky trail. Was using the throttle both times as the trail had too many protruding rocks to allow pedaling.

I am building a second bike with full suspension to hopefully at least help reduce flipping over backwards in the future.

My question is whether or not an incline switch is available that would turn off the motor at a high angle? Would want the switch to turn off the motor in one plane only. Something like when the bottom of the front wheel is higher than the top of the rear wheel. Seems like the existing brake shut off switch wiring could be connected to an incline sensor if one exists. Thanks for any information or pointers.

Comment

• 73Eldo
          73Eldo commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting idea. You have the brake and gear cutout circuits you could use to actually do the cut and there is power available in those connectors so maybe you could do something Arduino based? Thinking you would want some sort of reset button if it did cut? Otherwise seems like it could get ugly, you manage to save it once but start to lift it again and you could end up in an oscillation trying to keep your balance on the side of a mountain.

• CC Rider
          CC Rider commented
          Editing a comment
          72 years old + rocky single track hills + Ludicrous controller? I'm 63 with a 27.5+ hardtail eMTB using a BBHSD in Hot Rod Mode. Never came close to going over backwards in similar scenarios. Perhaps downgrading your controller would be more cost efficient and safer?

If the motor cut off even momentarily, that would give my 72 year old reactions enough time to remove my thumb from the throttle. The backwards flip has occurred when the front tire bounces about a foot off the slope and then slams down on another protruding rock so that the first bounce is amplified. Even at low speed, the torque of the BBSHD is enough to push that second bounce over the top. I am momentarily just trying to hang on and so far have not had the reaction to remove my thumb from the throttle. A half second cutout of the motor could solve the problem. I will google Arduino-based. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

• 73Eldo
          73Eldo commented
          Editing a comment
          The Arduino is basically a very popular (and inexpensive) universal mini computer that can be programmed for millions of applications. The reason I would consider using it for this application is I think you would not simply want the motor to cut literally every time you hit a certain angle.

If you were using a simple mechanical switch it would make contact just from the inertia of acceleration and deceleration which would be no good for this application. Think of a wire just hanging in a circle and if it swings and hits the circle you make contact. Maybe this could work if you could say only cut if the contact is made longer than so many milliseconds which is something you could program the Arduino to do. Maybe even a combination of a sensitive and less sensitive one and you program it that both have to have contact for a period of time.

If you use a more fancy sensor you would need some sort of computer to inturpit its signals. I think you can get tiny little chips that can sense angles and acceleration separately. Phones have them now days and that is how they know which way you are holding them and how you can shake them to do things like turn on the light or camera. You have to program the Arduino to monitor those signals then tell it what sort of signal sends the signal to the drive to stop.

None of these parts are expensive, guessing well under $50 and the programming isn't for someone that can barely use a smart phone but isn't something that takes years to master either especially for something fairly simple we are talking about here. The fun part of this type of thing is it does start simple basically you say if sensor reads this for this long do this for this long. Where it gets fun is you add a second sensor and say only do this when this and this happen. Then maybe you add some sensor in the seat so if you are not seated it changes the timing then you add some other sensor and add more conditions. It can be a lot of fun to play with and keep expanding and refining what it can do.

Not sure about the rest of the world but in the USA Adafriut is a good resource for the hardware and also has a lot of how to info.

Bafang 8Fun 750 motor Controller blew two MOSFETs. I have replaced all the MOSFETs with new higher rated ones but the controller is still not working. The display screen and lights all work and the PAS has a little flashing led when the pedals are rotated. There is a red led inside the controller that is flashing a sequence of 6 then pausing like an error code. Any ideas.

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Best idea would be to replace the controller outright. I would not be surprised if when the fet blew it did some sort of cascade failure. Nobody replaces individual parts on those controllers, especially since they are potted (this is assuming you are referring to a bbs02 of course)

can you put a sabvoton controler on a sur ron

Comment

• marcdryb
          marcdryb commented
          Editing a comment
          ok then ill try it and can we put a 72v on the stock controler on the sur ron even if its a 60v rateded

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Stock controller would not work with 72v

• marcdryb
          marcdryb commented
          Editing a comment
          ok thxs that helps a bite i could have burn it down

I built my own E bike battery:
        48v, 13s, 5p for 1000w fat tire rear hub motor. Installed in OCC chopper bike. On the throttle handle there is a power button and three lights that indicate The level of charge on your battery. Starting from the bottom there Is a red light then an orange light then a greenlight. As you can imagine the green means the battery is fully charged and as The power decreases there’s only the orange light and as it decreases further it goes down to red. After initially building the battery I quickly strapped it onto my bike I had fun riding it around for a while and it seemed as if the charge lasted forever. As well the indicator lights would go from green to orange to red light overtime and incrementally. Due to some repairs needed on the bike I took the battery off and the battery set unused in my garage for about two months or so. After repairing what I needed to on the bike I recharge the battery and plugged it back into my bike. However while riding every time I turn the throttle the indicator lights would go from green down to red and back up to Green and Down to red depending on whether I was twisting the throttle or not. If I was not twisting the throttle The light was on green when I would twist the throttle it would drop down to either orange or red. This had not happened before. As well it seemed that the battery drained very fast. Upon bringing my bike back to my house and plugging it to a charger, it seemed like it charged in no time which is fishy. It is a four amp charger with Anderson connectors so it’s a decent charger but the battery is now fully charging (well supposedly) (indicator light on charger turns green) in 1-2hours. Seemed like it took longer previously. Battery still draining pretty quickly on a full charge.
        Did I ruin my battery by letting it sit in garage for a month or two?
        Is there a way to revive my battery to its former glory?
        Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          This thread is meant for asking luna questions about luna products but i'm sure if you repost this on a separate thread folks would be happy to chime in!

Hello guys

i have a BBS02B 750W motor with upgraded luna controller

i rode the bicycle the other day during a heavy rainfall.

Since then, while on PAS the motor randomly cuts off and resumes operation randomly and continuously, i couldnt observe any pattern, it seems completely random.

The throttle operation is working perfectly , i get continuous 1200+ Watts without any issues

Would you think its likely that humidity entered in the controller

I would greatly appreciate your feedback

Comment

• 73Eldo
          73Eldo commented
          Editing a comment
          The rain before the problem started seems like there is a decent chance something got wet. There are videos online showing how to get these things apart. Usually they are doing it to change the nylon gear but it still shows how to get it apart. There are some videos that also show ways to better seal them up.

Which version of advanced charger do I need for my x-1 bike. 48v or 52v?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          You would need 48v

I bought a BBSHD From not Luna (:facepalm) and the display always showed the voltage of the battery ~5V less than actual. I tried programming the firmware and metering out the voltage, and all looked good. And then the controller stopped responding.
        Is Luna Cycle open this Wednesday (December 23rd) for me to come pick up a TypeB BBSHD Controller?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Currently we are only open for bike pickups on Wednesdays, not for small items

Sounds good, remember to forget the shipping option to pick it up. I’ll have it shipped.

Comment

Are pas sensors available anywhere for the BBS02? I think mine may be bad. I'd seen people on other forums say they've bought them, but I haven't been able to get a hold of any of them yet to ask them about it.

Thanks

Comment

• 73Eldo
            73Eldo commented
            Editing a comment
            Pretty sure I remember seeing them being sold somewhere and that they were listed as fitting all 3 models of BBS's. Just don't remember where. I think I noticed it when looking for something else I didn't find is why I didn't note where.

Originally posted by Steve-- View Post
          Are pas sensors available anywhere for the BBS02? I think mine may be bad. I'd seen people on other forums say they've bought them, but I haven't been able to get a hold of any of them yet to ask them about it.

Thanks
          Here's a U.S. source for the sensor and the related magnet disc.
          BBSHD/BBS02B builds: IGH 1 2 3 4 5 6

Comment

Working...
          X