Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to know the name of this piece the small red piece got stuck when trying to connect the charger and the prongs got all bent
    Attached Files

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      This thread is really more for stuff specific to Luna as noted on the first entry on this thread so I don't have much support I can provide on random electrical connectors but if it plugs into that other piece with the xt connectors then it looks like it is just something for that adapter to plug into. If that is the case should be able to replace it with any connector you like that has the same number of pins, just put the matching one on the adapter. Or even remove that connector completely and hardwire it by cutting off the connectors and splicing the wires together.

Okay thanks for the help!! :)

Comment

Does a typical BMS reset itself after an Over Discharge event? Or does it need to be disconnected from power and restarted? How can I determine if its a BMS or a motor controller that's shutting down due to over current?

Comment

• 73Eldo
        73Eldo commented
        Editing a comment
        Clue is if its BMS or controller is usually if its the controller the display (even if its just some lights) will stay on. If the BMS cuts things out everything on the bike will be dead.

As for the reset that really depends on the model and the firmware its running which often isn't identified. Some when they cool off or the voltage just naturally recovers a bit will turn themselves back on. Some need to be tricked by jumping specific pins in a specific order or sending them a specific voltage at a specific current for a specific period of time. Most common is to just charge them with their regular charger.

Hello! Can you confirm that the Luna Fixed Stealth, when the assist is fully off, is supposed to make a clicking sound (akin to freewheeling in other bikes) while pedaling? It doesn't as much when the motor is on.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know the specific sound it would make but I am not aware of any mid drive bike that won't make some additional sound when the clutch/freewheel is engaged.

Hi Paxtana. Having an issue with my wife's BBHSD w/Luna Wolf2 battery build. After some normal riding mini 500C display goes black and system stops. Upon powering back up the PAS does not work and she has to use throttle to get the assist she needs. 30% of the time after reboot the PAS does work. No error codes and the problem is happening consistently on the last couple rides. Any troubleshooting ideas? Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        First I would unplug all connectors on the controller and plug them back in. With a little luck it might just be the connection between the controller and the pas sensor or something like that. If not, probably want to try swapping in a known good controller.

• CC Rider
        CC Rider commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Paxtana. I'll check all connections
    Working...
    X