Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I received my Luna Fixed Stealth today and assembled it with no issues. I rode it a few miles with no problems and was extremely happy. Then I took it on a second short ride and something went wrong. When pedaling from a stop I heard an audible click in the pedal/motor area when I put a good amount of force on the pedals to go. After I heard that click, I noticed that ONLY when I was pedaling under load, did the motor seem to be making a whirring noise. It is making this noise in all levels of pedal assist, even when the bike is off and in all gears. The noise increases in pitch and speed as I speed up on the bike. I have reached out with a trouble ticket for this, but did some digging and found this to be another possible option. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, as this is my first electric bike and I have a lot to learn. Thanks!

This should direct you to a video of the noise:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/WI9J1lmcR9U?feature=share
    Last edited by andrew9258; 1 week ago.

Comment

Someone I know has told me it might be the bottom bracket coming slightly loose, however, I'm not sure how to tighten it on the Fixed Stealth ebike. Any tips on that or solutions otherwise would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear that, probably looking at a cross shipped motor swap since it is new, just comes out with a few bolts. My colleague Seb will reply to you on the trouble ticket with more info. In the meantime the knowledge base shows how to remove it, if you would like to have a look https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...157#post152157

• andrew9258
        andrew9258 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a bummer, but glad to hear that it’s semi easily fixable. Thanks for the the response! Look forward to getting back on the road with it soon.

A quick google you can find this issue quite a bit, i want to know a solution at its ruining the bike for me.
      I’ve just purchased this BBS HD and installed it and wrote it for 200 miles, the issue I’m having is the motor will provide too much resistance or something is to my peddling so anything under three speed on nine speed mode it’s like paddling against the current or as if the brakes were on. I know it’s nothing to do with the wait because for some reason when the motor has been off for a night or a long time and you initially try to pedal without turning the motor on there is no or little resistance it’s only after activating the motor and paddling for a moment that something engages inside which starts the resistance again. Of course the motor works and rolls you up the hill good but the problem is it’s like there is the brakes on all the time which I think can cause extra lots of battery to lose as well as it’s near impossible to go anywhere when the motor is off or in low PAS. I am hoping somebody knows any solution to this I’ve read maybe I have tightened the motor too much as a lot of people recommended it can loosen but also maybe the nylon gear has already went out or they’re just needs to be way more grease inside any help would be appreciated I have not looked inside yet but want but need to order a gasket i think.
      any fix?

Comment

• 73Eldo
        73Eldo commented
        Editing a comment
        I and at least one other replied in your dedicated thread so no need to repeat all that here. On the gasket front you should not need a new gasket for a unit this new. The new ish ones I have opened the gasket has been fine to reuse. Now if you get several 1000's of miles and a few years on them it may not come out as good. I do often find that the controller gasket which is rubber wasn't correctly installed at the factory so that is worth checking if yous may ever get wet and sometimes they way those are mashed in there you can't get them straight again.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not convinced you are not simply describing a quirk of the programming that might be solved with some other program profile. Most of the time you pedal you will feel some resistance, you are turning several gears internally. That's why it is important to tune it to your riding style, so the motor operation matches how you pedal.

Originally posted by yellowboy06 View Post
      A quick google you can find this issue quite a bit, i want to know a solution at its ruining the bike for me.
      I’ve just purchased this BBS HD and installed it and wrote it for 200 miles, the issue I’m having is the motor will provide too much resistance or something is to my peddling so anything under three speed on nine speed mode it’s like paddling against the current or as if the brakes were on. I know it’s nothing to do with the wait because for some reason when the motor has been off for a night or a long time and you initially try to pedal without turning the motor on there is no or little resistance it’s only after activating the motor and paddling for a moment that something engages inside which starts the resistance again. Of course the motor works and rolls you up the hill good but the problem is it’s like there is the brakes on all the time which I think can cause extra lots of battery to lose as well as it’s near impossible to go anywhere when the motor is off or in low PAS. I am hoping somebody knows any solution to this I’ve read maybe I have tightened the motor too much as a lot of people recommended it can loosen but also maybe the nylon gear has already went out or they’re just needs to be way more grease inside any help would be appreciated I have not looked inside yet but want but need to order a gasket i think.
      any fix?
      Im talking even when not pedaling and just rollin down the hill you can notice it slowing you down. Its as if something inside is lcoked up and tightened once i activate the motor and ride for a while. It seems much better if i have not ridden the bike all day and not started the motor and try to ride normally etc

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are rolling down a hill not pedaling the chain should not even be moving. The drivetrain would not be involved.

If you are saying the bike is forcing the chain to move when rolling downhill and not pedaling or using the motor whatsoever, then the freehub in your rear wheel may be broken.

Hi I have a bespoke bike with bafang bbs01b motor and lcd screen with throttle control which is not working and so have tried new lcd but did not help. 36v from battery but lcd won’t power up so wondered what my next move should be cheers mark

Comment

Working...
      X