Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The drop is significant, my daily is about 12 miles mostly flat, rarely I drop more than 2 bars, now I at the end of 12 miles I'm left with 1 or 2 yellow bars, dont know how the readout is calibrated but looks like 200% plus battery usage.

Comment

the drop in power is significant I would say 50%, so another thought, when I was changing the motor I pulled out a bit the battery pack for convenience of reconnecting, is it possible that I might have unhooked one part of the pack?

Comment

1000 cycles is a fair bit, even if only to 50%

Usually the first thing I notice in older batteries is they start to sag worse and worse, particularly at lower SOC's (voltages)... I see it start on batteries with as little as a couple of hundred cycles and it only gets worse with time... the most cycles I have on any battery (I've got about half a dozen) is around 300 but many of the cycles were discharged down a lot less than 50%... their total capacity reduction is only about 10-15% less than new but the sag makes the useful capacity a lot less, at least for any "spirited" riding... admittedly they'll get me home with a lot less spirit...
        Last edited by AZguy; 1 week ago.

Comment

Looking into a new E bike for hunting looking for suggestions price range is 1500-2500 also interested in a cart for hauling in and out of the woods

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Best for that price range is putting a BBSHD kit on a fatbike. ~700 for kit, ~700 for bike, and the remainder for battery and any needed extras.
        Working...
        X