Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you guys for the help it worked!! One more question if you don’t mind:

I want the throttle to work only after the vehicle is in slight motion (like 3 kph or so), is this possible?​

this is called a kick start in electric scooters I think, just want to know if I can enable this on the taleria to prevent accidental throttles

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      That is not a function that is built into the stock controller, so it is not realistically possible.

I have the BBS02 mid-drive kit with the 52 V Luna Wolf V2 LG MJ1 13.5 Ah battery. Bought in Feburary, but after I got it installed I only rode to work a couple of times before I was assigned work at another location I couldn't bike to. Finally, I am back at my normal location and broke out the e-bike to commute to work yesterday.

Previously, I only remember hearing a slight whining noise from the motor. Yesterday, at some point I became aware of a "growly" noise. Didn't sound like grinding. Seemed to potentially get louder throughout the commute. Only happened if the motor was running. If I shut off assist and just pedal, no "growly" noise.

The kit has only ~140 miles on it. Plus maybe 20 miles or so of unpowered usage, where I left the battery at home and just rode it like a normal bike. I'm only using pedal assist, I did not mount the thumb throttle. I have not changed the stock firmware. I will say I'm not the easiest on it, I use max assist and pedal as well, typically going around 25 MPH on level ground on a decently upright bike with saddlebags.

Is this something I should open up and inspect to catch before something fails? Or does this sound like a pretty normal sound, and I'm just not remembering after not riding for all of summer?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      BBSHD does have a bit of a growl normally. You could just pull the secondary steel gear and add some lube without getting too far into the guts of the machine if you wanted to, might help, but not sure I would even do that much. I can make a video of the sound mine makes if it helps to compare.

I read on this forum that the button battery inside the apt 750c lcd cannot be replaced, that I can't solder in a new one. I made the mistake of already taking out the battery. I hope there is a way I can put a new one in. Is there?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Generally speaking we do not have info on directly working on the circuitboard of any display; If the display is broken I would recommend replacing it.

• Retrorockit
      Retrorockit commented
      Editing a comment
      You might try Endless Sphere. They like to get geeky over there.

I am brand new to the ebike world and just bought a "Trafly-US" fat tire model via Amazon for my son. The displace demands a password, and we have no idea what it is and find no help in the instructions or online for resetting the password. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    asf

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Never heard of that brand but usually if the display had a password set in it for some reason then you would have to replace the display.

Many thanks, Paxtana. Does "replace the display" mean just the little screen or the entire electronic system?

Thanks,
    asf

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      The display is just the display. There should be a plug on it to unplug it from the rest of the harness. These are just general pointers as I am unfamiliar with that model but almost all ebikes are like this.

I have 2-48V 600W 720 ahr Aventon batteries connected in parallel, and have successful converted their output to AC by running them through a 12V step down transformer followed by a 115V 500W sine wave inverter. In order to power larger loads, I recently purchased a 48 V sign wave inverter that can handle loads at 2750 Watts steady state and 5500 watts peak. (I do not intend to run more than 2X600=1200W, so as to not overload the batteries.) When powering up the new high power inverter, my batteries trip off almost immediately and, of course, the inverter goes dark as well (before I hook up any AC loads to it). What could be the possible reason for the batteries shitting down? For the moment, I'm guessing that it might be that the battery leads are undersized, but am skeptical as I've yet to plug in a load to the inverter. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe the inverter is drawing a lot of initial current to fill internal capacitors, causing overcurrent shutdown on the batteries. Have you tried measuring the draw with a clamp meter

6 of 102 bad reviews, I sold dozens and Grin supported every issue. And there were very few, I have 36, 48, 52, and 60V to service and charge. Two personal Satiator since 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by josch91 View Post
      Hi,

is it possible to get the BBSHD without a bike but with Luna Ludicrous 2500W?

There is just button for "offroad Version", but that doesn't mean 2500W, right? https://www.viberate.com/

Thanks for help! japanese chef knives

Yes, it's possible to purchase the BBSHD motor separately without a bike, but with the Luna Ludicrous 2500W upgrade​
      Last edited by lucyy300; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Retrorockit
        Retrorockit commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think this is true any more. The offroad option means the 1500W version. 750W is the US street legal limit.
        You can probably tweak the stock controller for 52V operation to get a little more.
        The last time I asked the Ludicrous controller was NLA. Maybe Paxtana can clear this up.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        It is my understanding the ludi controller will be available again at some point, but it could be quite some tim.

Hi trying to get my gyroor c6 going not all my controller wires were connected when I got it from a friend .there are three seperate pairs of a small red and black wire but not sure what they are all for I believe one is brakes one front light an the third not sure also the battery has a small red an black as well as large red an black. Does the small pair go to the charging port? Thx. Cam

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240223-201559.png
Views:	12
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	166501 ​​​​​​I

Is there anything wrong with my battery or anything else

Comment

Working...
        X