Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excited new owner of a Luna X2 (stock controller). On my first ride I took it easy, practicing shifting mainly in high gears. I made it 1.9 miles then got Error 30. Reconnecting the battery and three cables (yellow, purple, green) won't clear the error code. When pressing the power button the display temporarily shows the standard Pedal Assist mode, MPH, Trip, and battery = 0%. Then the display switches to Error 30 for a few more seconds then shuts Off. The battery was at 100% when I started my practice ride. It took about four hours to fully charge when I first took it out of the box. Will you give me some troubleshooting tips or point me to a helpful video?

Comment

2 PARTICIPANTS
    vB Messenger Settings
    paxtana

Alclinejr
    • Alclinejr 17 minutes ago
      My neighbor bought a 26in 36v mountain bike 3 or 4 months ago. When you hit the throttle it shuts off. You have to turn power off then on for it to turn back on. I checked all the plugs. If I unplug the wire going to the motor an then hit throttle bike stays on. An information would really help. Ty

Comment

• 73Eldo
      73Eldo commented
      Editing a comment
      Hard to tell what may be going on there or what sort of setup it is without any details or photos. My guess is being 36v its either going to be several years old or pretty low quality. Age and or cheap means less durable and less water resistant so if it got banged around or damp that could have damaged something. For a better chance (still very slim given its not likely a big popular brand) take some pictures and start your own thread on the subject. The sad reality is at least half maybe closer to 3/4 what is and has been out there for ebikes over the last 5 years is garbage sold by some company that's only goal is to make a quick buck. For best results you have to buy from a vendor that will still exist to support the product down the road. Has your friend tried contacting the vendor? Even if they got it used a decent vendor should still be of some help.

Hello, I am attempting to fit a new axle to my Luna Fat Galaxy to pull a new Thule trailer and wonder what style axle to order. Thule offers three types, Syntrace, Shimano and Maxle. My problem determining the type is that the axle is seized in the hub (If you have any recommendations on getting that out), The main difference seems to be the thread pitch. 12x1.5 or 12x1.75 if you have a good idea I can order one while I destroy my existing axle. Thanks for any help, Gary Rowbury

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have the nut removed but the axle is seized inside the hub and won't slide out. I've been soaking it with penetrating oil but I can't drive the axle out of the hub even with a center punch and mallet. I may need to cut the QR off and remove the derailleur hanger to get the wheel off the frame unless you can think of a way to get the axle to release from the hub. I ordered a Maxle and will try to find a nut with a matching pitch. . Thanks again, Gary Rowbury

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      If that is the case I really think you ought to consider having your local bike shop take a look at it. They have removed tons of axles and are probably very good at it. Plus if they can't remove it there would likely not even be a charge.
Working...
X