Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    When you say you removed the brake do you mean the caliper, or the rotor, or both?

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Unless you can figure out some way to get it on video I'm afraid there is not much we can do to help..

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    It's not advertised as being able to do that. Closest thing is you can put a switch on the hotrod signal wire to make it switch from hotrod to whatever Surron has speed limit for on stock bikes.

• LRJenkins
    replied
    This is the display (25100-YQ2A-0100) cameon my sur-ron x.
    i have the sine wave controller.
    How do I set the speed limiter/governor to 20mph/32km?

Leave a comment:

• alosip
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve completely removed rear brake and tried to ride without it. The same sounds is still there, so it’s not a rear disc rotor issue.

• Steampunk
    replied
    Have you ruled out the rear disc rotor? It sounds like a brake noise

Leave a comment:

• alosip
    replied
    I’ve moved this post from x-1 forum since it’s more generic problem.
    my rear wheel(or it seems to be) makes annoying sounds every revolution. It’s metal “Tsing Tsing Tsing” high sounds like is coming from a small thin metal part.
    it happens when 1) rider is on, doesn’t happen when on a bike stand 2) it’s doesn’t matter if I pedal or just coast 3) it doesn’t happen when bike is on a stand and throttle is applied and rear break is squeezed at the same time. I can hear only break pads rubbing.

I thought it might be loose spokes so I’ve tighten and lubricated spokes at crossing points and nipples. It didn’t make any difference in sounds.

Leave a comment:

• ThunderGatti
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, just seeing this now. Already completed the upgrade and had the same idea. I closely examined the DNM shock upon removal and was pretty disappointed. The lower ring hardly has any structural support, so I was happy to see that it did not fit. The shaft on the DNM is very thin compared to the Jade. I also noticed how there wasn't a mounting pin with o-rings passing thru either eyelet, so I have no idea how these things aren't breaking left and right on people. A tiny bit of sanding with a dremel and me jumping on the bike is all the the Jade ring needed to seat perfectly. Tested this weekend and it performs/feels great. BTW - anyone having trouble finding a mounting kit for the Fox Float can simply order the Jade's. I had one on hand and they're identical.
    Last edited by ThunderGatti; 1 week ago.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    If you have a programmable controller like bbshd, lower the max current and/or the low voltage cutoff

• Velodave
    replied
    My battery is now shutting down @47 watts? Is there any control settings,or a problem with the 1 year old battery..

Leave a comment:

• alosip
    replied
    I’ve fixed it. I watched parktool video on dropper seats installation. It has enough information to fix it. BTW my issue with dropper post was due to improperly installation. Whoever installer it forgot to cut off the cable excess and it was interfering with the moving parts. Parktool video specifically notes that excess cable must be cut.
    Last edited by alosip; 1 week ago.

Leave a comment:

• alosip
    replied
    My dropper post stopped working. I took it out and it seems that cable snapped or got disconnected. Can I fix it by myself? My x-1 is only two weeks old.

Leave a comment:

• DaHose
    replied
    Provided it can sit flush, and the shaft is the same diameter on both shocks, the bottom perch of the DNM should be fine to use. That is a not a moving, high tolerance part. Mind you that if the spring is "just barely" too small, it might end up sitting flush on your first big hit. It would be an adventure separating the spring from the bottom perch if that happens.

Jose

Leave a comment:

• ThunderGatti
    replied
    Hi, I'm upgrading the rear shock on my 2020.5 Sur Ron X and need some help determining if my spring fits properly.

I bought a used DVO Jade and added the 550lb DNM spring from Luna to it. It doesn't rattle or move around at all, but the bottom of the spring isn't perfectly flush due to the raised inner section of the lower ring. Is it ok to use it like this?

Another option for me would be to flip it over so the bottom ring is upside down. Again, not sure if this is OK to do, but it appears more flush this way.

The top ring is perfectly flush though, since it has no raised inner section (see side by side pic). DVO sells the the lower rings with the option to select the amount of stroke reduction (0, -2.5, -5, -7.5mm). Would selecting 0mm mean there would be no raised section?

Alternatively, I could purchase a second top ring and just cut out a slot, which would make it fit perfectly. Getting a different 550lb spring is very difficult right now. I have a Ti spring specifically for the Jade on order, but it won't be here until the end of November. The only other option that I'm aware of is Fox, which won't be a perfect fit either. Since I'm essentially still a noob with this stuff, I was just hoping to get some guidance on how to make this work. Thanks.

edit - one other idea: How about using the bottom ring from the DNM, since it's designed to fit the spring?
    Last edited by ThunderGatti; 1 week ago.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    I would recommend to email support and make sure to include a picture
Working...
X