Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok looking for a right twist throttle that can be use keeping your shifter and brake in place for the 3000w cyclone.

Comment

I am interested in the Luna Alite Hard Tail. I have a few questions. The listing indicates a 48V battery, but the options only indicate a 52V battery. Which one comes with the bike? Also for the crank arm, I am looking for a 175 length. Does the 15 inch frame come with a 175 crank arm?

Comment

Hi, does anyone know if the bbshd will fit in a pf30 bb with an 83mm width? I've seen the FSA adaptors for the 68mm and 73mm bb but not for the 83mm.

Will one of these work?
        https://www.amazon.com/SRAM-Pf30-Eur.../dp/B005GXQUV4

Thanks, Jamo

Comment

Can I use the usb programming cable from my BBSHD. To program a smart pie V5 ?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
            HIGHVOLTAGE commented
            Editing a comment
            No, definitely not. Non-compatible plug.

Thank you for the reply. I ordered my smart pie and the program cable was an afterthought. I'll get one ordered I appreciate the info

Comment

Originally posted by david ww View Post
            Ok looking for a right twist throttle that can be use keeping your shifter and brake in place for the 3000w cyclone.
            Both my shifter and brake lever tighten down around the handle bar, so everything is kept in place. Luna sells this https://lunacycle.com/oro-right-half...witch-and-led/. The third photo (shown here) in the link confirms that it can be tightened down on the handlebar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	throttle.PNG
Views:	140
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	40508
            Last edited by commuter ebikes; 07-21-2017, 12:03 AM.

Comment

What is the warranty on your 48V Panasonic 13.5ah Dolphin battery? Also, what is the warranty on your complete Bafang BBS02 750W mid-drive kit? Can you also direct me to any other warranty information on your site? Thanks.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
                HIGHVOLTAGE commented
                Editing a comment
                If you have a battery or motor or component issue within the first 30 days we would replace after troubleshooting if we find it is not easily fixable. Past those 30 days we would either send replacement parts or allow you to send it back for repair as long as you pay for shipping both ways. If you run into an issue with your battery BMS we can send replacement BMS at least 6 months after purchase as long as we have the BMS in our inventory.

For motors and components we would send replacement parts up to 90 days after purchase, if it is a BBSHD motor we would send up to 12 months after purchase for a problem on the actual motor.

For Luna chargers it is more like 6 months.

If your problem is past these time frames we would still work with you to do troubleshooting and try to come to a reasonable resolution, which may still include replacement parts or a discount code for a percentage of the item's value or letting you send the item back for repair, at our discretion.

Note this applies to continental USA customers only. Returns/repairs may be possible in Canada through our Canada returns centre but this may take extra time to do. Overseas warranty support is more limited.

Thanks Prime, Luna actually responded to explain.

Comment

Is the left hand brake assy available from luna by itself or am I required to buy the whole kit for bafang bbs02 bbshd?

Comment

• Eric Luna
                  Eric Luna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yes we have plenty of left hand brake assemblies..let us know if you dont see it on the webstie we have thousands of those.

Ya I like to know if I can just get a left brake with sensor

Comment

What is the default password for a dpc 14 display? I swear I did not set up a password but I tried to power on this morning and there it is. Very confused.

Alternately can I plug it into my phone or laptop and reset it, to disable the password?
                Last edited by Levviathor; 07-22-2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• moarpower
                  moarpower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  To get into the advanced settings it's 1919. That may also be the default password if the password function was activated.

• Levviathor
                  Levviathor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  1919 did not work. I also tried 0512, 1234, 0123, 0000, 1111, 2222. Is there a way to factory reset it, or do I need to buy a new display?

The left crank arm on my recently installed BBSHD keeps loosening and I cannot seem to keep the bolt tightened. I get about 10 miles of pedaling before it starts to loosen and the crank arm starts to wobble. I have tried using locktite to secure the bolt but that doesn't work. Ironically, I needed to remove the crank arm to torque down the retaining nut for the motor and, after removing the crank arm bolt, I could not get the crank arm off of the spindle. However, the bolt will loosen and the crank arm will wobble like crazy after a short time on the pedal. Any suggestions as to what I can do to keep that bolt tight?

Comment

• moarpower
                  moarpower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What sort of tool do you use to tighten it down?

I use a ratchet and push against the pedal/crank arm in the opposite direction as hard as I can. At first I was afraid I was going to strip it out but it kept turning and finally solved my creaking under hard pedaling with the aid of loctite blue. I can always get it back out when need be despite how my method sounds to the casual observer.

• bhaaf
                  bhaaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had the same problem. I figured when I originally put the crank arm on it didn't seat far enough on. So the arm lost its square taper. I tried both blue and red loctite but it still came loose. Luckily I had a spare set of crank arms and tapped a new one on with a rubber hammer then put the bolt in and tightened. Never had a problem since. The motor side was fine but the crank arm was worn.

I'm using blue loctite and a 10mm allen wrench and cranking it down as hard as I can. I'll try using a ratchet were I'll have more leverage. I'm just afraid of stripping it.

Comment

I could not get close to enough leverage with an Allen key alone. I throw almost all my arm strength into tightening them down. There was a good turn and a half left in the bolts when I finally put some force into it. Mind you I'm 28, 180 lbs and in average shape. That extra turn and a half made all the difference. 50 miles and counting with zero issues despite my habit of very hard but short sprint pedaling sessions. Thus far I have seen no evidence of any damage to the threads, metal shavings, or otherwise. They get tighter and tighter and then I just stop. Maybe I'll get out the torque wrench and get a number next time.

Comment

Originally posted by serphr View Post
                    The left crank arm on my recently installed BBSHD keeps loosening and I cannot seem to keep the bolt tightened. I get about 10 miles of pedaling before it starts to loosen and the crank arm starts to wobble. I have tried using locktite to secure the bolt but that doesn't work. Ironically, I needed to remove the crank arm to torque down the retaining nut for the motor and, after removing the crank arm bolt, I could not get the crank arm off of the spindle. However, the bolt will loosen and the crank arm will wobble like crazy after a short time on the pedal. Any suggestions as to what I can do to keep that bolt tight?
                    Have you tried RED thread locking compound?

Comment

Working...
                    X