Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paxtana
    ​​​​​​​Nice, I´ll get them a try. Order is placed, I´ll give you a feedback. Hopefully this will solve the issue.
    Last edited by aiges; 12-26-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

I bought a KHS 2500 with BBSHD from luna last january. I want to get a Rohloff speed hub and belt drive for it. Where can I get help to do that?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't believe the Rohloff hub is available for sale right now on it's own unfortunately.

I just received the Sur Ron Dirt bike and can you tell me how to change the display from KM to MPH? I have tried everything all to no avail. Also the plug has a European end and therefore the charger can't be plugged into my wall socket and I didn't find an adapter included. Could you please send me one. I was able to put mine together but it's not just a simple thing yet there were not any instructions whatsoever. I don't know if that was an oversight or you just don't feel any instructions are needed but if you have any I'd love to see them.Thank you. Ed Marks

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Please email support@lunacycle.com with your order# and we'll get back to you on this, as a new product we have no documentation yet but we can work on some if you let us know what you need.

What is the total capacity of the capacitors in microfarads that are installed in a Magic Pie V5 Controller?

Thank you,
      T.C.
      See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        I doubt we have the answer to that. You may want to ask directly on the Golden Motors forum
        https://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php

• Tommycat
        Tommycat commented
        Editing a comment
        Roger that, Thanks Pax.

• Tommycat
        Tommycat commented
        Editing a comment
        Found the total capacitance to be 1207uf.

I’m looking on the Luna site for ebrake sensors without success. I want to add sensors to hydraulic brake levers to cut the power to the motor in a BBSHD build. I used the stock Bafang levers and cable operated (old school cantilever) brakes on my last build. Where can I find BBSHD compatible brake cutoff sensors?

Comment

Originally posted by RTebike View Post
      I’m looking on the Luna site for ebrake sensors without success. I want to add sensors to hydraulic brake levers to cut the power to the motor in a BBSHD build. I used the stock Bafang levers and cable operated (old school cantilever) brakes on my last build. Where can I find BBSHD compatible brake cutoff sensors?
      These?
      Providers of quality ebikes, electric bike batteries, motors and components at affordable pricing.

Comment

See you have a kit for the Mac Hub motor. Can you lace this motor into a 26" x 80 mm rim for my fat bike???? I have your 60V triangle pack................appears this motor and controller setup can handle that....correct???

I have 185 rear drop out spacing.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Hello,
        I'd like to order the BBSXX wrench but I don't see the ADD TO CART button. Is this availabe: https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p...allation-tool/ ?

Thanks,
        Ryan
        Designed by Luna, Made in California, and constructed using only high quality Stainless Steel, the Luna Wrench was designed specifically for installing and removing your inner and outer Bafang lockrings without scratching the paint.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like it's out of stock.

I have a 18 MOSFET Infineon controller with a programming cord but can't figure out how to reprogram it. Which software am I supposed to use to reprogram the controller and where can I find it? Thanks

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Luna does not support Infineon products sorry, I would suggest contacting whoever sold it to you

Never found just the on off up down button for sale by itself without the display?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately not at this time. I believe there is another vendor who does sell the DPC-14 switch, but I can't recall their name right now.

Question on the Sur-Ron, on the info page for the bike you say:

"We will be offering an easy to install pedal kit in the next few weeks."

I'd like to know what that's going to look like. Is this from the Sur-Ron factory or something Luna is developing? Is what you are set to offer the one shown in the below Sur-Ron produced video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVl6...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry we do not have info on unreleased products

Originally posted by ryanw1317 View Post
        I have a 18 MOSFET Infineon controller with a programming cord but can't figure out how to reprogram it. Which software am I supposed to use to reprogram the controller and where can I find it? Thanks
        Try this link. Pay attention to the bottom third of the very long page. http://em3ev.com/hub-motor-info/#infineon

Comment

Hello! So I just finished my cyclone 3000w build, and the bike rack failed and it fell off the car fraying the throttle (cyclone twist throttle) wires. Mindlessly, I thought I could see if it still worked by plugging in the battery and from the frayed area it threw a spark so I unplugged immediately. I then spliced the individual wires together, taped them individually and wrapped it all in tape. The throttle now displays the battery voltage but when I twist it nothing happens. Is the problem still solely in the throttle? Or is there a chance I blew the controller when I plugged the battery into the frayed throttle. Thank you!

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes we are out of BT but we do have the regular ones in stock- https://lunacycle.com/motors-and-kit...ke-controller/

• Mckautza
            Mckautza commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok great info! You're the only help I've gotten so far from Luna customer service! So, I haven't been able to connect via BT when I plug it into the battery by itself but I'm gonna stay positive that because I'm getting that voltage reading my controller isn't garbage! Would switching to the non-BT 40AMP as opposed to the 60amp controller change my builds power/speed? (I'm running a 3000w cyclone with your 60v 20ah battery) cheers!!

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Everyone's been out on holiday so there's a backlog on email, sorry about that. We try and stay on top of this thread though, as much as we can anyway.
            Switching to the stock controller would be roughly the same, it wouldn't peak at 60A though. At full battery you'd still be peaking at like 2800W which is already probably overkill. Less amps doesn't really change your top speed as that's more determined by voltage, but it would change it so you have more range but less torque. But 40A is already a ton of torque so it's not what I would consider a huge issue.

What is the barrel diameter of the "XT60 Female to Barrel MALE Plug" adapter - 2.1mm or 2.5mm? And is this rated for 52v?

*** Also, what is the overall length of this adapter? I know you folks make these pieces up and stock them however, is it possible to make me a specific length cable please?
          Last edited by etriker; 01-02-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            It's about 4"
            Personally I would use one of our prototype barrels and splice whatever length I wanted onto an xt60 pigtail, just bolt down the end onto the barrel.
            These are the best barrels, infinitely reusable since there's no soldering.

• etriker
            etriker commented
            Editing a comment
            Where are these on the site? I don't see them under 'Connectors'. Have a link?

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Went ahead and made the listing just now so you can get one: https://lunacycle.com/solderless-barrel-connector/

Message has been deleted
          Last edited by etriker; 01-02-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X