Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good day! 9.01.2018 I designed and paid for the order 1 x Luna Mighty-Mini BBSHD 30 tooth Chain Ring as a guest, without registration. To e-mail specified in the order have not received a confirmation email. How can I track the order? My name is Artem Blinov (Артём Блинов), postal code 142281.

Comment

Hi,
    Is there any software and hardware available for the new Luna Bafang Ultra Mid Drive used on the Apex bike?
    Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Not that I am aware of..but maybe I'm not sure what you mean.

Can I use Park Tool HCW-5 Bottom Bracket Lockring Wrench to install BBSHD into BB shell? instead of Luna wrench?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really. The HCW5 is too large and it'll just slip. You would be better off with a hammer and flathead screwdriver and just tapping the inner lockring tight than using HCW5. Course this won't help with the outer lockring though so you'd still need another tool.

Check out the wiki there's a section on compatible lockring tools. https://www.reddit.com/r/ebikes/wiki/bbs_faq

Hi!
    I've recently purchased a Cyclone 3kW kit with a 60A bluetooth controller. I did a test build on the table to check if the components are working. The battery I used is 48V 60A 13s6p Sanyo NCR18650GA + 60A BMS. However the battery seems to be irrelevant as there's no load on the motor anyway.
    There is an issue with the motor starting to stumble at high RPM (high speed mode). How can I get rid of this problem?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you changed the initial programming at all via the Bluetooth app?
      What specifically do you mean by starting to stumble? You sure it's not cutting based on some preset speed limit or RPM limit?
      Might be best to try it with a load before worrying too much about it, I have not heard of this being an issue before on these controllers.

• Schmeisser
      Schmeisser commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't changed the programming at all.The same problem is discussed here: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vi...p?f=28&t=90446
      You're right, cyclone users typically see it on the bench or with a fully charged 72v battery. I will update the thread as soon as my 72v battery is finished and I have it on the road. right now I'm running bench at 48v. Will also try reverse at full speed to see if it's reproducing in both directions. Interesting observation: when I accelerate very slow the motor is fine.

I am looking to purchase a luna super scooter. Are they in stock? If so how do I checkout on the store? Also do they have dual disc brakes now or just rear?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      The Apocalypse version is available but not super, sorry.

I was wondering what if any difference there is between the
    48v Panasonic 17.5ah Jumbo Shark Pack

& 48v Pansonic GA 17.5ah Black Killer Whale Ebike Pack

The non-GA version just look to be a nice size and the price difference of 30$ (charge included with the non-ga version too).

I was wondering if there was a big performance difference between the two?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      The non-GA version is 16.5ah and not 17.5ah. It has less range technically but only by a small amount.

I have 3.5 inches between the down tube and the front corner of my Rock Shox. How would I mount the 52V shark pack battery on the down tube? Do I need extra space to drop the battery into the mount?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      You would want to take a picture and upload it. Maybe in a separate thread for the most thorough response.
      Basically if you only have a few inches in your triangle before hitting a rear shock you're not going to be fitting much of anything in there besides a Mini pack. Sometimes depending on the dimensions you can fit a couple minis with the other one crammed up further towards the headset. Or put another on a rear post-mounted battery bag. Either way you'd be running them in parallel most likely if you're doing a lot of FS singletrack.

But a shark needs a lot more than 3.5 inches, and yes it also needs about an inch clearance to remove from cradle.

I have a 2018 big cat cruiser xl 500 and would like to know if your Luna Lander Fat Suspenion Fork could replace the stock forks.

Comment

Been reading....

I ordered a 52v Shark 13.5ah GA with the 52V Advanced 300W Ebike Charger.
    Will this plug-n-play with no XT60 to barrel adapter (which I now see is out of stock)???
    I hope so...

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      If it was bought as a combo should be fine. If not just let us know and we'll send a solderless barrel that can attach in place of the xt60.

• psuholet
      psuholet commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes...bought as a combo.
      Thanks....
      p

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Throw an email to support@lunacycle.com and give them your order # and reference this post :)

Originally posted by Hunkles View Post
    I was wondering what if any difference there is between the
    48v Panasonic 17.5ah Jumbo Shark Pack

& 48v Pansonic GA 17.5ah Black Killer Whale Ebike Pack

The non-GA version just look to be a nice size and the price difference of 30$ (charge included with the non-ga version too).

I was wondering if there was a big performance difference between the two?
    The GA battery has better range. The other uses PF cells with a 30 amp continous BMS. Would have been nice with a 50 amp continous BMS for use with the Ludicrous

Comment

any word when the 52v 13.5ah shark pack will be back in stock?

thanks!

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        No exact ETA but likely soon within the next few weeks

Dear Luna Cycle Support,
      I have one of your KHS 500 BBS-HD mid (17") frame bikes originally with a 48V battery (non-lud). I recently upgraded to a 52V (#36335). Tried using the software, I think my USB has a loose wire or something. Decided to start riding it anyway. I think that was a mistake; the battery connectors must have come loose, started arcing & melted the plastic. In your parts area I can't seem to find the battery connectors or cradles. How screwed am I? I am going to try scraping it all off (how dangerous is this with a fully charged battery?). Should I just get a new shark case (the case seems fine, the removable connecter took the worst)? Thank you for your time & info
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10836.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	55840Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10837.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	55841

Comment

Hello,

I've got a Smart Pie v5 and the controller has stopped working. 3 light voltage indicator lights up, but no throttle response. Same issue with brakes unplugged. The motor also has significant resistance to manually pedalling even with the battery unplugged. I pulled the speed controller out and its flashing "6" flashes on the red LED. This happened after riding for a few days on wet salty roads in Boston.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
      Caleb

Comment

Dear Luna cycle support, I have a khs 500 with a bbshd on it and a 48 volt battery that I just recently upgraded to a 52 volt (#36335). Battery must have been loose & arc'ing melted the battery connectors. Do you sell these connectors, can't seem to find them?
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 01-16-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        No need to repost the pictures again. I edited your post to remove them. We do not sell the connectors but you can source a replacement from a certain vendor that I can't remember. Although you might be better off just following the link I provided before as it's much cheaper and you'll probably need to replace the whole case anyways since it looks fairly unstable and damaged.

Scott S
      Scott S

#1 Luna solid state switch

17 hours ago
      Ok my first build I was easily able to unplug the battery when not using the bike. My new build is getting a custom built triangle hard case and at least a 28 amp hour 52 volt battery. All connections are going to be up in the case so can I just leave the battery plugged in. Or I can use the solid state switch. The control part of it will be in the case and I will water proof it. What concerns me is the push button part of it that must be mounted on the outside. I don't usually ride in the rain but this is Florida and down pours happen fast without notice lol.
      Oh ya it is a bbshd by the way

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok what's your question
    Working...
    X