Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weight of your 14AH 52v Panasonic pack seems to be wrong. You give it as 5.5 pounds, exactly the same as the 10AH Panasonic pack. They can't be the same weight, can they?

Comment

• calfee20
      calfee20 commented
      Editing a comment
      i nave that battery. It fits nicely into a medium Blackburn Outpost bag.

• Titanium Man
      Titanium Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like it's out of stock and I missed my chance. Any possibility you'll be building more of those 14ah packs in the next couple of months?

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Within a couple months, yes. It can take a while but that's likely a reasonable timeframe for getting it restocked.
      BTW we will be introducing a new battery soon. Roughly same size, voltage, and capacity, but a major upgrade. Keep an eye out on the new arrivals section.

Hey Ebike community,

Just bought a Yuba Supermarche front loading cargo bike. I'm interested in exploring options for ebike setup. Rear wheel will have a nuvinci n360 hub. Considering bafang bbshd vs a front wheel hub motor. I am primarily interested in using as a pedal assist, not planning to use motor by itself at all. Bike has hydraulic brakes (tektro). Couple of questions:

1) Will the bafang mid drives work on this bike?
    2) Since I'm mostly going to be using as a pedal assist, how is the torque sensing work on the bafang? How smooth is it?
    3) Any reason to consider a front hub motor more strongly?

Thanks
    Dan in Denver

Comment

• Titanium Man
      Titanium Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Bafang mid-drives use cadence sensing, not torque sensing. Power assist increases with cadence, which is actually opposite what it would be with a torque sensor. The only exception is the Bafang Ultra Max, but that needs a frame built with the drive mounting bracket and will not work with a conventional bottom bracket as on the Yuma.

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Please read documentation in knowledge base or listing on determining if it will fit. Says choosing the right bbsxx kit on article.

Depending on the profile you set the pedal assist can be quite smooth. Everyone pedals a bit differently so getting it dialed in can be quite nice. It is not torque sensing per se but with the right settings it can be as good or even preferable.

Might consider front hub since it will put less stress on your igh. The 360 is rated for like 350w of power and a bbs02 peaks at 1500w. Best choice would be to swap the nuvinci for a Nexus 3 or sturmey Archer 3spd igh.

Just started my BBS02 build. 73mm BB. Found the replacement bolts in the kit. 1 inch long in package with 6 washers. The stock 68mm bolts are a half inch long. One bolt threads in all the way(about 3/4 of an inch. The other only threads in about a half inch. Am I using the correct bolts? Or is there something I am missing? This is pic with spacers not installed bolt is bottomed out.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Just add spacer on other side of bracket on the bolt to keep it from bottoming out, or get a shorter bolt from hardware store. How well the 73mm hardware works depends on the frame.

Hello all. My Grand father 80 put his key into the charging port of his Shark Pack. He experienced a decent short circuit which has left his charging port malfunctioning in that he can no longer charge the battery. The central piece is loose from him forcing his key into it and the resulting arc may have damaged it as well. Anyone have any advice on how to charge his battery now or is it good night nurse for that shark pack?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      It is repairable. Easiest way would be swapping out the port for an xt60 female connector and just capping it off. Nice thing about an xt60-F is you can't stick a key into it.

This is how to open up the pack

The pic above is of an xt60 male which is not as optimal since it could be shorted in the same way but it's a good example of the modification. Here's an example of some xt60 caps: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/xt60-cha...s-5-pairs.html

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
    It is repairable. Easiest way would be swapping out the port for an xt60 female connector and just capping it off. Nice thing about an xt60-F is you can't stick a key into it.

This is how to open up the pack

The pic above is of an xt60 male which is not as optimal since it could be shorted in the same way but it's a good example of the modification. Here's an example of some xt60 caps: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/xt60-cha...s-5-pairs.html
    Thanks Mate. I'll open it and perfrom open battery surgery on it. I'll see if I can replace the original with another one the same as Glenn only has the standard charger/

Comment

Hey guys,
      New to the forum and trying to figure where best to post this question. I've got an old Klein Pinnacle frame that I turned into a ss a few years ago and am wondering if this frame would work for a Bafang build. My goal is to keep it an ss. Anyone have any experience with these frames? My neighbor just completed a Luna kit and it turned out great. Now I've got the E bug.

Thanks,
      Dan
      Last edited by Dan Kleinsmith; 02-18-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I just received my Roam Fusion however I'm unable to charge it. I followed the instructions here: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...n-introduction but the battery doesn't seem to start charging. The voltage on the charger reads 58.8V with 0A. Any ideas?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        What is happening to the charger when you plug it in?

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like it's not plugged in all the way, or perhaps the adapter is bad. It's the advanced charger right? Email support@lunacycle.com and we'll take care of it.

I'm looking for something like this.. I cannot drill my frame because it will void the warranty. Its $20 plus $20 for international shipping so i'm looking for something that's shipping in States. Anyone?

Comment

My new Luna bike is not detecting shift (99%of time). Have a new Roam Fusion with newer model Shift Sensor model: LL-SS-01. It doesn't have two small screws holding it together. But under the sticker with model number, there is one tiny hole on one side and no screws visible. Was excited to be able to follow Forum advice to remove two screws to service it until I realized this. I would pry it apart but first wanted to reach out for correct thing to do. Thanks for any info.

Comment

Good morning.
        I currently have a BB02, with a 750c display on my bike. I ordered a BBSHD kit, complete with another 750c display, to upgrade my bike. I know I don't need to change the harness and sensors, but I want to make sure I'm conceptualizing the display function correctly. I'm thinking of it as akin to a monitor and keyboard on a PC, with all the input data saved in the computer's hard drive, which would be analogous to the BBSHD's controller. SO, NO REASON TO SWAP DISPLAYS. Is that correct, or does the 750c display incorporate some memory? If so, no big deal swapping it out.
        Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          It be can be swapped out just fine without any change.

I need to know how to disable ( no pas in reverse ) my hall effect is not connected to the drive system. Cyclone 3000w 52v one year old 40a controller

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't understand the question, can you clarify?

• kerrylaw
          kerrylaw commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, please ask it again with more detail. What are you trying to accomplish?

Simple question here. What kind of aluminum is the available mounting plate for the ultra drive made out of? I'm assuming 6061 but would like to know from you guys for sure. Thanks.

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          You would have to ask Bafang..

SUR-RON DIRT MX-EBIKE

If you buy the bike with the pedal system do you still get the foot pegs?

Comment

Is it normal for my 72V battery to max out at 83V every time I try and charge it to 100%. Used multimeter to test charger and battery; charger was reading 84V, battery was reading 83V

Comment

Installing my third BBS02, and have excellent success with the function of the previous two. However, was surprised that Bafang hasn't addressed the horrendous problem with symmetry; the right crankarm is 10mm farther from the chainstay than the left. Is there a crankarm that will resolve this, in other words a right one that is "curved in"?

Comment

• AZguy
          AZguy commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you'd be better of with a left one that "curves out" since if it "curves in" your ankle (or some other part of your lower leg) will likely hit it...
      Working...
      X