Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are all BBSHD motors out of stock at Luna currently? I've checked a number of bikes and clicked the BBSHD if it was an option listed, and each time a notification pops up that it is unavailable. Same when I go directly to the "motor" page. If they are all out currently, any idea how long until they are back in stock? Thanks!

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      68mm kits are currently out of stock but we're expecting them back in about a week.

Greetings Luna guys.
    I bought a kit, November 2017 order #42417, from you and am enjoying the conversion of my Electra Townie 7D . The question is regarding the front sprocket. I bought a CHAINRING: BBSHD LEKKIE 42T - RED as well as the BBSHD 46T Stock Steel Chainring on that order. I first installed the Lekkie and then ended up using the stock chainring because I found the smaller ring meant I was free spinning when peddling all of the time.The problem is I am still free spinning while peddling 95% of the time. I am 67 year old guy needing some exercise and would like peddle assist not just and electric motor ride all of the time. Would a larger front chainring solve my problem? Do you sell one larger than the 46T ? Your guys would not let me return the Lekkie because I had already installed it on the bike for one day. That kinda sucked; oh well.
    Thanks for the help. Paul

Comment

Is the Luna Lander fork compatible with the 2014 XL KHS fat bike? (I have one from you on the way) If not, do you sell a suspension fork that is?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry we don't have info for that you would need to evaluate the bike you have. We do have a detailed fitment guide and specs on the listing so you can take your measurements

If you are at all unsure take it to your local bike shop, they can get you those specs (dropout width, whether it is 1 1/8 straight, etc)

Originally posted by pacname50
    Thank you calfee20 for the comment. Your answer is a little over my skill set. Are you saying I should swap out my rear gear bracket instead of getting a larger front bracket?
    Yes it is easy. You will need this tool. http://www.parktool.com/product/free...26%20Freewheel

Here is a video of the tool being used

Comment

• Joe Remi
      Joe Remi commented
      Editing a comment
      Calfee, I'm pretty sure he has a MegaRange 7 freewheel, not a cassette. I had that freewheel/derailleur combo on a recumbent trike.

• calfee20
      calfee20 commented
      Editing a comment
      The only problem he may have is his 7 speed shifter. If it was my bike I wouldn't use the 34 tooth cog anyway because the gearing would be to low. The sprocket spacing is the same on that 8 spd freewheel so his shifter will work fine. He will have to decide which cog his shifter will not select the 11 or the 34.

Hi, I'm interested in the bafang bbshd. I can not find the Bottom Bracket Size for standard mtb. (only fatbike). how can I do? thanks and sorry for the language. David

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry that size motor is actually sold out for the next 5 days or so but we can send you an email to notification if you want us to let you know once it is available?

Should I go with a BBSHD 73-100mm kit for a bottom bracket that is SAMOX EB2403 100x1.37 or go with the larger 100-120mm? Seems like people on the forum have used both for the build on the gravity bullseye monster xx.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      That's one of those things that depends on the bike and the builder, maybe even the model year if the chainstay design varies. Generally you don't want to go larger motor unless you have to since adding spacers is not ideal.

On the other hand the 120mm is actually in stock right now so there's that..

I am looking to get a Luna charger for my Specialized Vado 2.0 bike. It has a 36v battery and the charger that comes with it is 42v at 2a. Would I then get a 36v charger? And is there a way to adapt the charger to use a Rosenberger magnetic connector?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes 36 nominal is 42v.

Does the bike just use the two main wires in rosenberger? If so might be able to cut off original from the charger you got and crimp it onto the bare wires on the luna charger. Rosenberger also has data wires and that sorta thing for special bms, probably want to make sure the default charger and the bms doesn't use that stuff

silly question time: Trying to make a brake cut-off switch for my bbshd, question is, when brake is applied, does the switch need to create a contact or break it?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      It breaks the contact.

• Kinni
      Kinni commented
      Editing a comment
      woot! that makes things a lot easier :)

Hi guys, I'm facing a problem. My display (DPC14) still power up the bike even without password...
    I alredy check all the cables, battery, everything...
    Does someone can help me? Any firmware update? What should I do ?
    Motor: BBSHD

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      The password feature has never functioned in that manner and won't stop the unit from being turned on. It only stops them from accessing the advanced settings.

Hello,

I have a 52v Luna triangle pack with an XT60 charging connector. I need to learn how to connect my charger's male barrel connector to the XT60 male (or female I have an adapter). I do not see an option to buy a barrel female adapter on the Luna store.

- Ethan

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      It's out of stock.

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      You can cut off the male barrel, this leaves you with two wires, positive and negative (red and black)

If you have a crimper and butt splices you can crimp the xt60 pigtail connector onto the these wires and you're done.

If you have solder sleeves you can also do this, just stick both ends in and heat it up with a lighter for about a minute.

We sell both solder sleeves and crimper on the site if needed.

Originally posted by HIGHVOLTAGE View Post
    The password feature has never functioned in that manner and won't stop the unit from being turned on. It only stops them from accessing the advanced settings.
    There are two password steps, one for start the system and another to enter advanced settings. The first one is not working properly. It is supposed to keep the complete system blocked. I received some videos that it working fine, but for some reason, mine is not...

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      The anti-theft password option is currently a non-advertised feature for these displays. Bafang designs these displays with all sorts of features that don't function or go unused. It's just in-case one of their re-sellers wants to incorporate these features into their bikes if they choose to do so. The password function stops them from accessing the display but cannot stop the throttle.

Not sure where you saw videos of this? This has been an issue ever since the DPC-14 display from years ago as far as I know.

Hello,

First post here specifically for planning stages. I am getting this donor frame below (mongoose juneau aluminum) and adding the BBSHD and the Luna Lander. I am worried that the Lander will need an headtube adapter maybe, but not sure how or where to find the data to answer that question. Have you seen this combo yet? Will the Lander fit this frame? Thank you very much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	q3KfcNvl.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	64524

This image was taken from the Amazon sellers page. It is the closest pic I can find of the head tube.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	T2W1o31l.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	64525

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      We cannot state compatibility on frames we're not selling, frame specs change all the time across model years and product descriptions for frames may not be up to date.

If in doubt take frame to a local bike shop and have them confirm the headtube specs match what is on the fork listing.

Hi, I just subscribed to this blog. I own an Epic Whistler equipped with a 450W gear motor and a 37 volts battery. I had to replace the battery fuse last week and since then, I can only ride my bike using the pedal assist; the throttle isn't working anymore. Is there another fuse I need to replace, or is there a reset button I have to press anywhere for the throttle to be functionnal again?? thanks in advance for the help!
    Eric

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll wanna contact the original manufacture/seller for these types of issues usually. They'll have the answer for you and can assist you with replacement parts.

Just purchased Lekkie crank arms and desire another pair, but can't locate. Out of stock and, if so when will they be replenished?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Out of stock with no ETA but you can leave an email address and I can add you to our notification list to be notified though? Let me know.

Hello, will the Luna Lander Fork fit the Luna Mongoose BMX Fat bike? That uses the same exact headtube, headsets and bearings as the Juneau frame.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      It will fit any bike with matching specs.

That includes headset, tube width, dropout spacing etc. We don't have fitment info for Mongoose sorry. For the Luna bikes we have fitment info on please see the fork fitment guide linked on the fork listing.
Working...
X