Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size anderson connectors are on the old style controller and motor? What amp rating? do the older motors have a thermister wire?
    Last edited by New Mariner; 05-24-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      They're all rated for 30 amps I believe? Can't remember if it's the 30 amp or 40 amp version.
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 05-24-2018, 10:26 AM.

• New Mariner
      New Mariner commented
      Editing a comment
      How many amps go through the phase wires?

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      We're talking about the BBSHD and BBS02 right? Since the BBSHD can handle 2500watts, it's safe to assume they can handle up to 50 amps but by default it's just 30 amps.

FISHER FAB HOUSE LED E-BIKE LIGHT, Can it run just the thrower side with the asymetrical lens and not turn on the wide area light? Doing some tests, and the first thing I notice is that even though I want to trail ride there is always some street and I don't want the wide angle running. Your website and the fisher one doesn't say, just various brightness levels. My tests are showing you can run an asymetical or whatever that lens is called at high power and not blind the drivers, but the other type of lens even on low on low is not safe for the street.

Comment

• xcnick
      xcnick commented
      Editing a comment
      30min is up! Just kidding.

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      I would probably just contact Josh Fisher through his website info@fisherfabhouse.com

He's the designer of this light and nobody here at support has gotten a chance to test this thing out yet from what I know.
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 05-24-2018, 02:21 PM.

Originally posted by Dinged View Post
    I'm in Orange county. Any luna employee's offering conversion labor ?

If not, do these pics reveal enough to determine what would work better 120 or 100mm motor ?

​​​​​

Also, which chainring would be best? I submitted this question before(without pictures) and I received a response that would be difficult to understand without the bike and various chainrings in hand.

If I bring the bike to luna headquarters, Would staff be able to tell me and could I make purchase in person? My goal is to not waste money and time purchasing products that won't work and cause major diy work in getting to work.

Is it possible to buy everything and return what won't work while in middle of build ?Or are there no returns and high re stocking fees?

I want to do this bike:

out of box specs:
    chain ring: 36t
    rear:7 speed, 14-28 shimano altos
    160mm mechanical disc Brake
    ​​​​​
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/IIPul1Z04GW0fRBn1
    Your pictures of the bike in Costco do not match the specs of their online bike. The online bike lists a cassette which gives you many more options going forward. A few more bucks but worth it. https://www.costco.com/Northrock-XC0...100395393.html

Comment

• xcnick
      xcnick commented
      Editing a comment
      I never thought about it until now. I wish I switched 50 years ago, because it still is not natural. The wrecks are getting comical. The UK does it our way. The Zee brakes I just bought are from Chain Reation in the UK and they are coming assembled our way. Starting to notice which brakes levers you can flip flop. My Techro's had to be special ordered, no flip flop. OOOOh, the computer says the Zees and the shifter are in the mailbox. Be right back. Anybody know about the nice headlight switch I asked about this morning?

• AZguy
      AZguy commented
      Editing a comment
      The old days with cable brakes it was trivial, just move the cable.

I've got SRAM Guide RS brakes and there is zero difference between right and left assemblies =]

Sold me with: "The brake fluid reservoir on SRAM’s latest lever design is optimized for both performance and ease of use. The PiggyBack Reservoir offers a simple, failsafe way to manage brake fluid, and also allows for ambidextrous lever placement—so you can switch your levers on the handlebar and run them moto without hassle."

https://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/products/guide-rs

• xcnick
      xcnick commented
      Editing a comment
      ambidextrous lever, got get a list of all the euphemisms. Your like a brother from another mother! Twist grip shifter works, don't know if it is a good idea yet. No matter, it will stay on at least one bike because there is no explanation necessary for the rest of the world, you can read the numbers. I wonder if it still works if you are not dyslexic? Fugly, even for Wally World. (You guys just drop ship that headlight, huh?)

Hi when will this item be available? https://lunacycle.com/kelly-50amp-co...r-cyclone-72v/

Thanks.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Likely never again. I don't think the Kelly controller was all that well received. ASI is our focus for now.
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 05-24-2018, 11:17 AM.

I need hub dimemsions for the MAC ASI rear 135mm. Need flange diameters, center to flange, etc. Help?

Comment

Hi HIGHVOLTAGE
      I just pre-ordered the Sur-ron.
      Q: Do you have a link to the "Pedal Kit" mentioned in https://lunacycle.com/sur-ron-mx-electric/ so I may order it, please.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        It's out of stock right now unfortunately. That's why it's not listed. However we're working on it and will have the ad back up soon.

Hi there Lunacycle,

Do you guys still build the Lunacycle Truck? Just saw some videos of it and it looks like its perfect for what I need.

Thanks!

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, sorry. We no longer sell this bike anymore.

• Joe Remi
        Joe Remi commented
        Editing a comment
        Cycle Trucks still sells the bike, I think it's called S.U.B. Get it and slap a BBSHD on there and you're good to go. The Beaver Tail would be a cool rig, too.

Does the old BBSHD with anderson powerpole controller connectors have a thermister temp wire?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope. Just regular wire soldered to the connectors.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Karl did an article on how to add one at some point if you check his site http://electricbike-blog.com/

• New Mariner
        New Mariner commented
        Editing a comment
        i have the aquarium thermometer ready to put in, but something attached to the stator would be far more accurate.

Do any of the hub motors available at Luna fit a SRAM Rival 11 speed cassette when mounted in the rear?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        No hubmotors fit any cassette with the exception of the doubletorque. I doubt this cassette would work for that one, you'd need like 7-9spd

I want to mitigate a thermal runaway to a pack from a shorted cell that begins to burn. I’ve seen Phase Change Materials by Alltech, in the form of a battery matrix that could contain a thermal runaway from a cell, absorbing heat, so others in the pack don’t get hot and runaway as well. Cell fuses and a BMS are good at isolating a cell once a short has occurred,but can’t do anything to keep it from burning right? What battery can I get that has this Passive safety feature?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        You want a Luna Wolf pack. The Fusion packs also do this. Professional cell level fusing using technology developed by Tesla isolates any shorted cell using specially made wires that burn out in the event of pulling too much current (like the event of a short)

Here's some more info https://www.electricbike.com/luna-cy...battery-packs/

If I bring the bike to luna headquarters, Would staff be able to tell me and could I make purchase in person if 100 or 120 mm will work?bbshd

Also will you be selling 52v 17.5 luna fusion separately? If so, when will those be available ?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry but we don't have enough staff on hand to be able to offer that kind of service right now. Check these links and start reading:

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ight-bbsxx-kit
        https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...mid-drive-kits
        https://www.reddit.com/r/ebikes/wiki/bbs_faq (comprehensive list of tools needed here, very helpful)

The main thing you should know though is if your bottom bracket shell has threads on the inside, It pretty much means your style of bottom bracket will likely take the BBS motor without needing an adaptor. Threaded bottom bracket shells are called JIS or BSA standard and this is what the Bafang motor kit was designed to work with. The inside diameter of your JIS-BSA shell should be 33.8mm +/- .2mm. Check it. Twice.

We have no plans to offer the 17.5ah Fusion separately, but there may be similar packs in the pipeline for the future.

• New Mariner
        New Mariner commented
        Editing a comment
        The bottom bracket removal is the only difficult part of the build. Have your local LBS remove it, and measure your BB for you at the same time

I was watching a luna Sur Ron video on youtube and I believe it was Eric that went over the whole bike. He put a ASI controller on one for better throttle response. He said it gabe 20% more power so he put a 60 tooth sproket on it. My question is are you selling these ASI controllers with instructions on how to install on the Sur Ron? Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        We cannot discuss unreleased products, but this is something we are working on.

Is it okay to run an LED voltmeter/ammeter off the charging port on a soft pack battery - while using the discharge port?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Our lead support tech Sebz would say that it is not ok. The charge wiring bypasses the BMS so if anything is run off of the charge wiring and it shorted the power would not cut, which could in theory start an electrical fire. While this is unlikely with just a voltmeter I have learned it's always good to trust his judgement.

Much better to put whatever it is in parallel with the discharge wiring. Often there are splitters available to make it plug and play (anderson Y splitter, XT90 Y splitter etc)

Bought the BBS02 kit with 52v shark battery have been fine for 200miles went to charge battery and it wont charge. When i push battery meter only red light is on and when i plug into charger the light is green on charger saying it is full but battery wont even make the screen on bike light up . Any ideas?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        If using the xt60 to barrel adapter check that the wires didn't get pulled out of the solder less barrel. If so just stick them back in and tighten the terminals with a Phillips screwdriver.

If you check the electrical troubleshooting knowledge base thread there's a bunch further stuff you can do like load testing the charger with a lightbulb.

• boostedjc
        boostedjc commented
        Editing a comment
        it seems like my low voltage setting isnt working at all and battery is so low it wont do anything. charger is fine no loose wires or any thing one i plug into charger and check battery it say full till i unplug then back to weak red light on battery

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Well you could always try jumpstarting it. This is also covered in the doc

Hey there i have been waiting for the cyclone 3000w to come in stock and i can see it finally is! my question is where has the 72V triangle battery gone with 24ah not 10ah? have you stopped selling it? will it make a massive difference going for the 10ah? or just less distance? thankyou

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi we have not stopped selling it, it just out of stock. Power output is basically same besides a little more voltage sag with a lower capacity pack, but the range would be like half. On the other hand it would be lighter which would handle well for shorter rides.
    Working...
    X