Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the luna tool set include a shimano freewheel remover ?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      It has a regular freewheel remover, not sure if that's shimano or not. Probably is.

• Joe Remi
      Joe Remi commented
      Editing a comment
      Assuming you mean Shimano (and compatible) cassette remover, yes.

What’s the hottest temp I should be able to measure battery wires before I need thicker wires?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure there's a right answer to that. 130F maybe? I wouldn't be comfortable seeing it higher.

Can someone please explain more on the difference between the Cyclone 3000W motor and this https://lunacycle.com/cyclone-mid-dr...heel-sprocket/ beside the mentioned dimensional difference? I am only interested in the motor and I understand that the latter doesn't come with a kit.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      The slightly larger dimensions mean it doesn't fit the brackets used on the 3k kit listing, while not being so large your cranks can't clear the motor like might happen with Monster Cyclone.

You would need to do some fabrication to use it though.

It's also rated for slightly more power, and it being larger means it won't struggle on hills as much or get as hot if lugging it. Not by a huge margin though, even regular 3k cyclone is a huge motor.

Bare is typically most popular with pedicab builders. Their work is usually custom anyway and they like an extra beefy motor.

I just got a new triangular 48V 24aH battery and there was a plastic bag attached with no instructions as to what to do with it. Are there instructions on-line somewhere? or a video?

Thanks

Comment

My second build. Jamis Dragonslayer. BB 73mm and bike is boost. 148mm rear axle. Searched forums and no help. Question is, will a 68-73 BBS02 work?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      If you measured 73 on BB shell then yes it will. Might need to go without the second lockring though.

• highmiler
      highmiler commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks .My first build was 73 and I just got 3 threads on second ring. My main concern is drive side with boost rear end and chain line. If I need to spacer drive side out then nothing left on other side. Thanks again.

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      The rear chainline is actually BETTER with wider dropouts.

You can easily pick a bunch of chainrings that are further outbound or even use chainring spacers with longer bolts.

The hard part is moving a chainring further inbound not outbound, since that requires wrapping the ring design around the motor housing.

Complete shutdown while using pedal assist. LUNA BBS02 Mid-drive kit with color display. While riding the other day display shut off (battery was charged to 90%). Won't turn on again, checked cables all are connected. Waht should I check next?

Comment

Hi,
    I ordered a BBS02 middrive motor, but I discovered it doesn't fit my BB. I believe it's the American BB type. I just want a confirmation, if it really is the American type, and will the Luna American BB to BSA adapter solve my problem? I'll add couple of pictures of my BB with measurements.
    Thanks

Comment

• Joe Remi
      Joe Remi commented
      Editing a comment
      Another problem with what appears to be a big old klunker-type bike is it's bound to have abysmal brakes. You definitely want good brakes on a BBSHD build.

• kaarel
      kaarel commented
      Editing a comment
      On the second picture, It's actually 72 mm, but when I'll remove the things(you can see on the pictures that there are these currents adapters or whatever installed) from both sides on the bottom bracket, it's more like 65-68mm.
      And yes, I'll upgrade the brakes for sure.

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok that makes more sense, didn't realize your tape measure was metric. Did you check out the article linked on the adapter listing, it goes over some ways to tell if it's american bb.

Hello,

My question is for the Luna Lander. Will it work on a straight 125mm head tube with 70 degree steep angle? I already know it fits but wondering if that angle is normal and OK for single track fork suspension riding or not. Thanks

Comment

So I finally got my bike to work almost perfectly then I broke the throttle accidentally breaking it apart and wires be ripped off. I went to put on a spare that I had and put on handlebar, and attached the wires exactly as before, I turn the ignition and the voltage appears, I test to see if my chain still stays on (had so many problems with it) and the motor will not start.I made sure I plugged the throttle wires into the correct ones and they were, still showing voltage but no motor turning. I unplugged, plugged back in and it still shows voltage but no motor running. I have no clue what is wrong, all I did was swap broken for new one and now it won't run anymore.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        What exactly are we talking about here? What kind of motor? What kind of battery?

• Valmek
        Valmek commented
        Editing a comment
        My bad, it's Cyclone 3000w with 60v battery. The motor has worked fine for that past few months with old throttle then i accidentally broke it and used the spare I was sent and now it doesn't work at all. The voltage shows but that's it, when I twist the throttle the motor doesn't do anything.
        Last edited by Valmek; 05-31-2018, 04:53 PM.

Can you confirm exactly what parts do come with the Cyclone double sprocket kit for trikes? (https://lunacycle.com/parts/cyclone-...-and-pedicabs/) It says "Bolts in picture not included." but does that include what looks to be shoulder eyebolts and the spacers/pieces that actually connect the bracket to the Cyclone motor?

Comment

I'm looking to get the bbshd banana as well but would prefer white or grey color - what about ordering the 'buzzraw' pedal bike from CoastCycles and then buying the 750w kit from you? Other than the 120 mm bb part, what other mounting hardware needed? Any other considerations for this build?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          The 30Q Mighty Mini is fine for up to 30 amps which is the Hot Rod setting :) So you should be good. However for going with this choice, you'll obviously get less range due to the low ah rating. Maybe something 14ah? Or 17ah? Depends how much range you need.

Wolf Packs are flying out of stock too. We're a little overwhelmed with it and don't have any future ETA's for them right now unfortunately.

If I had to make a suggestion. Hold onto your money and wait. In about month or two, we'll have a more clear idea of what's coming out and you can plan then. This may not be the most ideal suggestion if you're the impatient type but I know some things :) And I say just wait if you want to buy the good stuff like more Fusion-type packs.
          Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 06-01-2018, 12:37 AM.

• New Mariner
          New Mariner commented
          Editing a comment
          if the only add a battery option is the Mini cube 30Q, get two of them, and wire them parallel. You essentially have the power of the wolf. 60 amp continuous and 12 ah. Advantage 1) you can put then wherever you want 2) If one dies you are not stranded. 3) being 2.5 x 2.75 x 6" two of these side by side 5" wide by 6" long and 2.75" high will fit in many small triangles while still giving decent ah. For FS bikes this may be your solution, Particularly sz small FS bikes

• xcnick
          xcnick commented
          Editing a comment
          Luna is the strangest business ever, and I love it. I can't imagine any other business saying: " but I know some things :)" with old stock to get rid of. I wait with bated breath for whatever you dream up. (Love the Wolf by the way)

My bbs02 with a 52v battery randomly loses power and shuts off. It seems like it's when I got over some bumps but not sure if that's exactly the reason. How do I go about diagnosting and fixingfixi problem?

Comment

Hi,

I have a crunching sound coming from my 750w rear wheel geared hub. I previously had a similar crunching sound, replaced the freewheel and it was fixed.

Unfortunately this time I have replaced the freewheel but the crunching sound is still there. I can here it with the power on or off, pedalling or coasting. I am thinking it is either from inside the motor or from the wheel bearings. Does anyone have any experience of fixing or troubleshooting either the motor or the wheel bearings? The motor still seems to work despite the noise!

Thanks in advance,

John

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably the gear assembly. Maybe it just needs grease, if it failed completely the wheel would not move when hitting throttle.

How it is serviced will depend on the model.

• johnlamb
          johnlamb commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your responses. I haven't bench tested but not sure that would help as I only get the noise when I am riding the bike - when it's on the stand and I pedal or use the motor it sounds ok. Paxtana - are you talking about a gear assembly within the motor? Is that a replaceable part on the 750w geared motor?

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          If you can get the right one yeah it's a drop in replacement.

I would start with grease. Maybe some mobil28

Any chance the Luna Banana will be restocked (in any configuration)?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought there was one magenta left. Anyway yes once next frames get here. Could be a while though.

Any idea when the Lekkie crank arms will be in? Also, please put me on the list of individuals to be notified when they arrive. Thanks.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          What's your email? PM me it.
      Working...
      X