Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I have a c965 display. the mounting hardware has broken on it (to mount it to the bar). Do you sell spare parts for this?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      The bracket? Not really..we got a page on how to repair it with epoxy if it is a crack from over tightening, and using a bit of Sugru might not be a bad idea to reinforce a patched up bracket, or you could even just make a new one out of metal or 3d printing if you were so inclinded, but we don't have spare brackets sorry

So I had an Idea for the bbs motors and was wondering why Luna hasnt done this. The right side of the motor housing (sprocket side) is bare and would be a perfect place to stick a Luna moon sticker wouldnt it?
    Id buy one.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean on the controller?

• Kinni
      Kinni commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup the controller housing.

Hi,

Any idea of the ETA of the 48V batteries as well as of the Gear Sensor for BBSHD (for IGH)?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Couple weeks for 48v shark. Just restocked a bunch of 52v softpack if you don't mind using a battery bag. Wasn't aware gearsensor sold out will have to check on that one, probably will need to email us

• juvalen
      juvalen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a lot for your answer. Will email about the gear sensor :)

Luna 300 W smart charger 48V turns on and reads 54V. If I put it on a charged battery, it reads voltage of battery. If I try to charge a depleted battery, voltage drops to under 10V. If I disconnect and wait a few sec, voltage climbs back up, but won't charge anything. Is it toast?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like it, assuming multimeter shows the battery itself is not reading 10v.

Got my BBS02 in March 2018. Which reduction gear should be in it. I want to have a spare. Thanks

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Version B.....

I have an older Giant LaFree Lite. I thought the Shimano 4 sp hub was bad as it skipped in middle gears so I replaced it with a Sturmey Archer 5 speed. But now I think maybe it was the crank ratchet that was skipping. Haven't taken it apart yet. Seemed to happen more after a 12 mile ride. Only recently realized the front chain wheel is on a ratchet. Chain and sprockets are fairly new and look in good condition, chain alignment looks good. Chain tensioner seems a little sluggish. Any advice GREATLY appreciated.

Comment

• JoeCH
      JoeCH commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, let me try again. It's hard to recreate and difficult to get a video of, but boil it down and it seems like after riding a while (can heat be a factor?) something in the drive train skips. I think I've eliminated the hub being a factor as I replaced it, and I'm not shifting under power. Replaced chain and sprockets not long ago, so think I can eliminate them as the cause and all looks good. So mainly I'm wondering if anyone is aware that the crank ratchet can be intermittently problematic. When I put the bike on the stand and listen closely to it it sounds fine, I think next step for me is to take the cover off the transmission and have a look. Hope this helps and thanks for your interest.

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      What motor are you using

• JoeCH
      JoeCH commented
      Editing a comment
      The Giant LaFree Lite has a Panasonic motor - Panasonic 250W MD, 6.5Ahr, 24V, NiMH. I had my brother tail me on his bike and when the skipping occurred the chain didn't move so that makes me further suspect the ratchet on the crankset. I will pull it apart and post the results. The ratchet sounds ok but at this point I don't know what else it could be.

I would like to know the tech specs of the following controller from Luna: https://lunacycle.com/replacement-co...or-hub-motors/

I intend to use it to drive a brushless motor intended for airplanes, and would like to know the throttle signal parameters, input voltage range, and any other features it has.

Thank you in advance for any advice you may offer!

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry we don't have that info. It is plug and play replacement for the kits we sell it for, that's all the info we have on it.

Thanks on the reduction gear question .

Comment

Hi,

I've god a Bafang BBSHD and just wondering if Luna would retro fit the ASI BAC 800 controller to suit the BBSHD as an external controller? I definitely don't want to cross 2kw. If you prep one of those controllers, I would buy one immediately.

Comment

• Busswil
        Busswil commented
        Editing a comment
        Fair play,

is there a chance that Luna is willing to release a product like this? I was just wondering if you would prep a 1 unit custom made at the respective cost. If yes, I would buy one now. If you're thinking about releasing a product like this I don't mind waiting, but if the answer is not clear then I will definitely knock at someone else's door.

Thanks for the quick reply =)

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately we don't accept custom orders at this time. Also, that kind of stuff usually gets announced via our Facebook page before our own staff is even briefed over it to keep secrets from leaking out hence why we cannot comment on it.
        Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 06-11-2018, 10:50 AM.

• New Mariner
        New Mariner commented
        Editing a comment
        You could request a Ludicrous controller and program it for however many max watts you want by limiting the amps. Your BBSHD with a fresh 52V battery is over 1700W. I you don't want to exceed 2000W, sounds like you are good where you are.

52 vs 48v charger.
      I need a 48v charger for a new project.
      I have a clone of the 52(72v) for my gotway tesla and love it. I would buy it over the 48 in a second(amps display) if I could turn down the voltage to 48. The advanced help says you can turn down the voltage but doesn't say how much. https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...i-and-advanced

Question 1: what is the adjustable range on the 52 for p1?

48v charger description says
      #1 It can charge at 1 to 5 amps
      #2 It can charge your battery to 80%, 90% or 100%

which seems to apply to the two knobs on the 52 but the 48 does not have these knobs it has a three(?) position switch(red sticking out) and another two position looking switch(internal by the cord)
      I get the feeling someone copy pasted the description

"Charge to 80%, 90% or 100% with simple 3 position rotary knob"
      "Charge fast or slow (can be changed from 1 to 5 amps) with a twist of a knob "

the only round "knob" on the charger is the fuse so yeah....
      https://lunacycle.com/batteries/char...ebike-charger/
      in all the help info somewhere it references this charger doing 3-5 amps

Question 2: How many positions on each of the two switches on the 48v and what do they do?

Thanks

Last edited by BrainDraindx; 06-11-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't recommend doing that, it's a good way to burn your house down

• BrainDraindx
        BrainDraindx commented
        Editing a comment
        if you can turn p1 down to an acceptable 48v level the burning of the house will never happen... do you actually know the answer to my question or are you just trolling??? ie the answer is no and a house fire will ensue

Any idea when the 52V PANASONIC 13.5AH SHARK PACK will be back in stock?

Also, does the Bafang C961 Display work with 52V or do I need to upgrade to the Luna DPC-18 Full Color Display?

Comment

Hi,
      ‘I would like to find out why the key does not turn in the sur on that I just bought

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Assuming the pins are just sticking a bit, try jiggling it in the lock or spray a bit of Lock-Ease in the cylinder

Have the firmware problems with the recent batch of Bafang BBSHD controllers been sorted out? I’m referring to the issue where the throttle and PAS seem to override each other. Well documented discussion of this problem on the ES forum. I’m ready to buy, but not if I have to modify the controller to workaround this issue. Thanks for your input!

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        We're working on it.

My BBS02 seems to have died. We were biking last week when a thunderstorm approached. We loaded the bikes on the car and headed home, but the storm caught us. About 2 days later, while riding the bike, the display went blank and it died. I turned it on and it died again. At one point, I twisted the throttle and it seemed to work briefly but at full power even if I only barely twisted it.. I then tried cranking and the motor kicked in enough for me to get almost home and it died again. I repeated this a few times and them error "code 12" appeared on the display.
      Now, the display will not turn back on.
      I've checked every connector and gave them all a bit of dielectric grease. Since code 12 involves the controller,do I need to replace the controller? I assume its the #2 version as I purchased the bike July 31 of 2017. Thanks, Stan Wilson

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        The display, throttle and control pad are all not waterproof. Also probably will have to check the inside of the motor to see if any water got inside. Generally speaking water causes all sorts of problems with electrical equipment once it's exposed to it. You may end up having to replace the entire motor.

You can start with a new controller and see if that helps, but for these kind of situations, you really need spare parts or a second motor to test each component individually to rule out any shorts.

Hello Luna gang. Friend and I want to get the Luna Fusion and order says “ charger option is not available at this time”. Is it just the chargers that are out? Being long time repeat Luna customers we have 52 V chargers and would be more than happy to receive it later when you get them in but would love to get the bike now. So is there a way to bypass that? Thanks

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Which bike specifically?
    Working...
    X