Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to hear you got it figured out

• Wozzy
    commented on 's reply
    Contrary to what the User's Manual says, it turned out that the password was indeed 1199. I thought I had already tried it but now that's what's working.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Same motor but maybe some minor variations. Spose you could open it up and add a little extra grease to it if you were so inclined

You can configure it same as BBSHD, using the same config software and program cable described here. May not necessarily want to use the preloaded profiles made for bbsxx though.
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...shd-mid-drives

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    You can test it by unplugging the integrated controller and following this guide
    http://www.ebikes.ca/documents/HallS...stingFinal.pdf

If you need more help specific to this motor, golden motors has their own forum here https://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php

• Mutinyguy
    replied
    Actually I took care of the issue/concern....I forgot I had an ebike stabilizer bar from California ebikes...A few bends and fits nicely onto the chain stay...so no more worries about mucking up my bottom bracket shell...I'll get a photo up later today...

Leave a comment:

• 73Eldo
    commented on 's reply
    Do you have a photo?

• Mutinyguy
    replied
    Have a 2012 Giant Talon that I want to install a BBS02 on...removing the Howitzer XR external bottom bracket I noticed the face of the shell is tapered...will that present a problem when torquing up the security nut on the BBS02? Will the face have enough "meat" on it to secure the motor?
    Last edited by Mutinyguy; 5 days ago.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Is the magnesium Bafang Ultra that you have for sale on your web site the identical motor that comes on the Apollo?
    The reason that I ask is that I purchased the Ultra motor from Luna Cycles for my wife’s trike and I also recently received a brand new Apollo. The Apollo’s Ultra is considerably noisier than the Trike with the Luna Magnesium Ultra motor. If they are the same, why is the Apollo noisier? If they are not the same, what is the difference?

My last question concerns the Ultra programming. I love the power of the speed of the Apollo but alas I really don’t need it to be so aggressive. Do you all have a tamer (smoother) program for the Apollo, perhaps one that gives just a small amount of assist in Levels 1 and 2 but becomes much more aggressive in Levels 4 & 5.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• 2speedBBS02
    replied
    One more costly idea. Disconnect entire harness looking for contamination and poor connection. Was device left outside one too many times. If it worked when first set up then something has changed. I approach these problems by replacing components until it works again. The electric system is controlled in several ways. However "mistimed" electric signals produce poor performance. Or no movement at all. Heat is a symptom. Is a component getting hot. ?. Be thankful battery appears ok. Set it aside. I would buy a new controller. That's the device with buttons and screen. Then there is the mysterious hub. Buy new and better designed hub motor + rim. Some of this stuff is designed for Chinese people who have limited education so they are basically not so designed for repair. They are designed for easy assembly and operation. Upon failing the components are removed and replaced until system operates properly. That is not to say they can not be repaired. You need tools and understanding of electric power systems. Test devices to find problems are essential. Then the training to use the equipment. E-tecs make the big bucks. Guys like you and me are stuck with the former method described. Erik Luna could fix your problem in 10 minutes. However it is cheaper to buy a new bicycle.

Leave a comment:

• StephenD
    replied
    Ok update of original question hope I do the reply right as not very computer smart .... first I had to look up what " Halls " are as I am E bike novice & not electrician & gotta say it does sound a lot like the troubles my friend is having with the ' bumping/jumping ' as it try's to start going & loss of power while running . I put the trike up on a jack lift to check if front hub motor/wheel would spin freely or had any drag & it seemed ok ,while I had it up turned it on & pressed the thumb throttle & it bumped a bit at first but then spun up very fast like it was going top speed ,tried this several times & it seemed to have no loss of power & always spins very fast .... so i decided to take a ride & immediately it had troubles getting going(lotta bump n jump) but once it did get going it would not go more than about 10 mph at full throttle & had loss of power several times with more bump n jump to go again ( sometimes only going about 3/5mph after restarting ) same when had to stop at stop signs.I got to the only stretch of road ( mile & half ) on the island with out stop signs & after many tries got it to go at full speed? 16mph or better (could feel a big difference in the feel of power & how fast it got up to speed )for the entire distance but once I slowed down to turn around had more of same troubles & could not get it back up to that speed again. ......... thoughts????

Leave a comment:

• 73Eldo
    commented on 's reply
    I would only get the brake levers if your bike has some sort of rim brakes or road calipers on a disc. Anything else I would get the hydraulic sensors and use your existing levers. Also note what type of shifters your bike has. Some shifters attach to the brake lever, not the bar so you change one you have to change the other. Same thing with the right throttle, will it get in the way of your shifter? Some styles it does. Many of us go with the left side because we are getting rid of the left shifter anyway. The hydraulic sensors are just magnetic sensors you attach to what ever your existing levers are so it doesn't matter if they are antique rim brakes or the latest 4 piston hydraulics.

BBS's don't currently have a torque sensing option and would take some significant internal changes to accommodate such a thing. Rumor is there is a next gen coming soon, maybe that will have the option?

I would just order the 'hot rod' version which is what the Luna site defaults to. Pretty rare for anyone to want to dial one back. I think the only reason you would want to is for someone with mental and or physical limitations where you needed to force limits on them.

• 73Eldo
    commented on 's reply
    Typically (but not always) a BMS cutoff will stay cut off till you reset it by charging it. If it comes back on its own or just by hitting the power button on the display I would be less suspect of the battery and more looking at connections.

Is this one of the Wolf Packs that Luna designed and built or one of the other packs they have sold over the years? The Wolves are the hard plastic cases and fully epoxy filled. They have metal rails sticking out the bottom for a magnetic mount and a 3 year old one would have had 2 about 3" leads for connections. They don't have any keys or lights or usb jacks on them. IF you have any of that stuff its not a Wolf.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Yes you can change the config for whatever peak current level you want, between 1-30A. "street legal" is something like 20 or 25. Hotrod is 30. Watts equal volts times amps, so if you had a 52v nominal pack fully charge 58.8v x 30 = 1764W. That will change depending on state of charge of the battery and so on but you get the idea

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Once it gets up to speed does it work fine? If so might be something wrong with the halls

• MemberOfDistinction
    replied
    Hello,
    I am considering purchasing the following......

Bafang BBSHD Mid Drive Ebike Kit
    750w Street Legal 68mm-73mm (Standard)
    Stock 46T Steel Chain Ring
    Bafang Display DPC-07
    Luna Right Full Twist Throttle Blue $15.00
    Mechanical Ebrake Levers with Cutoff GearSensor for Derailers and Internal Geared Hubs $45.00
    Edit Remove

Another member was kind enough to help me but I'm too dumb to fully understand.
    My question is....this is a 750watt kit....but can it be programmed to be a 1000watt kit as well without any hardware changes?
    Also, does it include torque sensing hardware?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X