Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Ok lets try this...

Luna customers....

Do you have a fast question that is not specific to your order?

Need a quick technical question answered?

Please help us out by posting the question here instead of bogging down our email and phone support and we will do our best to speed answer your question.

Ask your question here 9-6pm pacific time and get an answer within 30 minutes.

Re-stock Questions should be posted in this thread:

Keep in mind that "Sales/Order Related questions" are not permitted in this thread. If you have an E-bike technical question relating to a products functionality, troubleshooting or information that you might not be able to find on this forum elseware, then this is the appropriate place to ask it.

Please email
    support@lunacycle.com if you have any questions regarding product stock, or you want to discuss problems with your order

Click image for larger version  Name:	shutterstock_359073401.jpg Views:	1 Size:	259.0 KB ID:	39676
    Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 09-11-2018, 12:03 PM.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    It is probably worth noting if you are sending followup emails it pushes the email to the back of the queue since it is sorted by oldest updated emails first, and each new email updates it. This is described in more detail in the auto-response sent from the inbox. Probably not best to do that. Do you have the case number, I can look into it right now.

I am not sure it is accurate to say we do not have the manpower to support, our main phone agent is seeing his mother in hospice as she is on her deathbed and probably will not live through the night, doing voicemail callbacks is not his top priority right now. The other, our lead technician Seb, is his daughter's birthday and he will be in tomorrow. Typically he is the person we want answering those kinds of emails since he is the one with the most technical expertise. Sometimes life gets in the way of work, it is what it is. But I understand that after getting a bike this expensive and having an issue out the box tensions would be high, it is very understandable. Just get me the case# and I will give your email priority. The case# should have been provided in the auto response email.

• mooseefus
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks paxtana. Luna was quick to sell me a Sur-Ron X for almost $4,000 but when it arrived totally unusable, then I am expected to hold tight and stand in line. How long do you expect me to wait? If you do not have the manpower and resources to service what you sell in a prompt manner perhaps you should consider downsizing your operation.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    I think we spoke on the phone earlier but yes feel free to drop by

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think the 10lb of a BBSHD or 7lb of bbs02 is going to make much of a difference on the center of gravity, at least we have never seen that as feedback from anyone else building on these sorts of frames. But if you want a hubmotor it is almost always better to go with rear

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry, two of our support folks are out today for personal reasons so it may be a bit longer to get back to you via email than usual. That said, I think we will start with the controller and if that does not work we may need to exchange the battery. It may take some time to get it worked out but I can assure you we will make sure you get up and running.

• Timm
    commented on 's reply
    California e-bike is the only source for this part, and many others. That is where I got my switch. Awesome service!

• mooseefus
    commented on 's reply
    I have sent several requests to Luna, including voicemail, for continuing support without a reply. I called an electrician and he sees issues with the battery dropping voltage when the bike is turned on and will not function - from 60+ volts all the way down to 8 volts. I am looking forward to actually being able to use my Sur-Ron but desperately request a reply from Luna.

• mooseefus
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Venicevance. I feel like it may be the controller, especially since the bike will operate for a longer period the longer it sits but about 5 to 10 minutes runtime max. I am anxious to hear from Luna as I have sent them all the information they have requested with videos plus left a voicemail but no reply since yesterday. Again, it is frustrating because the bike is brand new and did not operate out of the box.

Thanks again,
    BG

• Venicevance
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like a controller issue. Had that problem with the Cyclone - mini, channged to the Cyclone 3,000 changed controller s and never had another problem. Don't know that bike, but had that problem. The controller gets to hot. Might have a shut off switch to keep from burning the controller, once it cools down it works again. Just a thought.

• pure_mahem
    commented on 's reply
    I'd go through the menu and switch the option for that reading to be displayed in volts. This will probably serve you better than dealing with the inaccurate percentages. There are voltage charts that you can print out until you get familiar with the ranges. I printed one out and used a piece of clear packing tape to secure it to my top tube.

• Venicevance
    replied
    Hey there, good morning. I have two motors that I got from you guys, and both of them have stopped working. The first the internal gears (the white ones) are totally stripped and gone. The second one the gears that are black broke some teeth. I would like to fix either both, or make one out of both, but I need a gear puller. Is that something that I could bring by the shop and have you guys help me out with. Both motors are under 2yrs. Old. Thanks. ✌

Leave a comment:

• marlon61
    replied
    I have a Bacchetta Giro recumbent bike that I would like to have electric assist on. Here is a picture of the bike I am thinking about.

I am familiar with building a mid drive bike as I have done that. I am thinking a mid drive isn't a good idea on this bike because the motor will be at the highest point on the bike messing up the center of gravity. Thus, I am thinking I would use a wheel with a hub in it. Do you agree that this makes sense? Assuming that the hub is the way to go, this Giro has a 20" front wheel and a 26" rear wheel, which wheel do you recommend be powered, front or rear?

Leave a comment:

• mooseefus
    replied
    I received my Sur-Ron X earlier this week and it does not run out of the box. Have e-mailed several requests with follow-ups to Luna Support I but have not heard back since yesterday afternoon. After performing all tests and tasks as prescribed by Luna, bike still only runs a few minutes and then turns off for a few hours. Then the process repeats itself. Turn switch on, lights and display blink a few times then everything shuts down. In the event it does finally turn on after it sits, the bike runs well, again, for just a few minutes.

Leave a comment:

• LandWalrusSammie
    replied
    I am having 'issues' with the "battery percentage" readout on the mini Luna display. I have a 48V Luna Shark. Last night after the battery was fully charged (charger set to 100%), the voltage reading on the mini display indicated a fully charged battery, with a reading of 54.5V. However, the battery meter and the battery percentage both indicate that the battery is not fully charged. The attached photos are after my ride into work this morning. As you can see, the voltage reading would indicate that I have approximately 97% charge left, yet the battery percentage reading is off. You can also see, that I have the display set to 48V, so I am unsure why the battery gauge reading is so far off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X