Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rix Ryds
    replied
    Hey guys,
    I'm installing a new Cyclone 3k, and the new mini Sine wave controller is pretty cool! Can you tell me the current limit of the 24v fan output?
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dward05
    commented on 's reply
    In my case, the eclipse 42t chainring works perfectly after I reduced the height of each tooth slightly, maybe 1/8th inch or so. I made the alterations using a bench grinder, nice, clean and straight that way, for me anyway. I was riding 15 mins later! Thank goodness, as I too was very surprised when I learn the the 12 speed was a problem. I’ve Been hammering the bike all summer in the trails and haven’t had a problem yet

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    You might be able to make it work if you carefully file down the teeth to be a bit narrower

• Tim
    replied
    Please help.
    I recently purchased a 2021 Giant Trance and the BBSHD kit. This was going to be my fourth build. I previously converted a Sixthreezero cruiser, a Giant Sedona and a Liv Sedona. I always wanted to convert a full suspension mountain bike and I chose the Giant Trance because I could easily fit the shark or the wolf batteries inside the triangle.
    I was in the process of doing the conversion when I discovered the Mighty Mini 30T would not accept the Giant’s 12-speed chain. I also discovered that Luna doesn’t make a BBSHD chainring that will accept a 12-speed chain and that I would need to modify the bike to a 10 speed. So now I must purchase a new cassette, chain, shifter and derailleur. Aside from the added cost, it pains me to remove perfectly good components off of a brand-new bicycle. To top it all off, I also discovered that my bike came with the Shimano microspline free hub body and virtually no 10 speed cassettes work with that free hub body. As a result, I'll have to purchase a new hub and rebuild the rear wheel. Argh.... I know I have no one to blame but myself but virtually all of the quality full suspension mountain bikes now come with 12-speed cassettes and 12-speed chains. A 12-speed chainring would solve this problem and prevent me from having to make a $500 modification to my brand-new bike. Does Luna or Leike have any plans to produce a 12-speed version of the Eclipse 42T?
    Do any of you have any suggestions?
    I would greatly appreciate your advice.
    Thanks,
    Tim

Leave a comment:

• Adamsss
    replied
    Hi there, hope you guys can help.
    I I have a Luna performed bb conversion of an old beach cruiser using Luna's smaller square battery pack, and the less expensive 58v,2a charger that they sold with it (lbc140201)

Yesterday I hopped off as usual and plugged it in. Rather than it going from the normal solid green when it's not plugged in to a solid red when it is plugged in, the charger LED started doing a flash every second or two that starts red and goes green. I've changed outlets, extension cords etc.

Bike still work s, pedal assist and throttle still work.

Is there any way to tell if this is the battery having a problem taking a charge, or just the cheap charger no longer working?

And if it's a case of just needing a new charger, anybody have a good Amazon recommendation? :-) I'd want something returnable in case it ultimately turns out to be the battery.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• jstew
    commented on 's reply
    Didn't get any replies but turns out the error seems to have been caused by the speed sensor magnet slipping out of position, in case anyone has a similar issue. I think the display not turning on was just user error -- that did not replicate.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    We do not have any of the throttle housing, clamp, cable guide etc but yeah you would need that if you were to replace the electronic with the earlier type.

• brettvogel
    commented on 's reply
    Also, I just noticed this on the throttle page (which I ordered)....."Only what is pictured is included. Does not include black clamp / housing." Where do I get the black clamp/housing? Thank you!

• brettvogel
    replied
    Hello and Happy Friday! I ordered a cable throttle and the throttle box for our most recent Sur Ron purchase. It came with the electric throttle and it was just too twitchy. I searched for but couldn't find on the forum. I am looking for instructions on how to replace the electric with the cable throttle and throttle box. Are there instructions anywhere for this? Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    It has the capability to reprogram a controller so I suppose depending on what you did that could affect it

• Lherbert
    commented on 's reply
    Most likely all ground wires to batt neg. 1 main positive wire from the batt. To the Positive to the switch the other wires coming out of the the switch attach to the component light ect. Bottom line the switch is the break in the circuit so it does not get grounded

• Bullfrog
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like an ISIS crank...you need a M15 bolt for an ISIS crank.

Bafang BBSHD uses a square taper crank. ISIS and Square Taper are the two main types of cranks used now. You can probably pick up the bolt you need from the local bike shop as well.

It is not absolutely necessary as the clamping force is what holds the crank arm on the crank...it is just a plug and an additional safety in case your clamp bolt gets loose.
    Last edited by Bullfrog; 6 days ago.

• swamp
    replied
    installed eggrider v2 display on luna bbshd with hot rod controller program... bike seems a lot slower now..
    does eggrider display cancel out the luna hot rod controller tune?

Leave a comment:

• rcashlimo
    replied
    Originally posted by ncmired View Post
    M5 x 10mm I believe - usually hex socket head but they don't have to be.
    Thank you so much?

Leave a comment:

• jstew
    replied
    I have about 1500 mi on my eBike with no significant problems--until today :(.

I rode about 1 mile on full charge and locked up my bike while I hiked for 2 hours with some friends. It was about 80 degrees Fahrenheit. When I returned to my bike, I hopped on and started to ride on PAS 2. BUT after about 500 yards, my Luna display showed ERROR, the motor stopped working, and the wattage fell to and stayed at 000. I tried turning off the battery and turning it back on, but nothing. In fact, now the display would not even turn on! I rode the bike home on no power and left it in the shade.

A few hours later, I was able to turn both the battery and display on. Went for a short test ride and no issue. So that's good. As long as it doesn't keep happening...

Any idea about what is going on? Is this a known thing? Did the battery just overheat in the (not that hot) sun? Or do I have perhaps a bigger problem and only time will tell?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X