Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavi
    commented on 's reply
    So I managed to find a 42 tooth on another site, so I ordered it, we will see if it solves it. The bike has to go back to the shop in a week or so as I have a new fox fork for it on the way and a new front wheel to fit the new fork, so I will swap the sprocket before it goes in and they can fine tune the shifter then!!!

• Cavi
    commented on 's reply
    I am also guessing chainline. My casette cannot be reworked according to my bike shop. But since I am great on gears 1-7, and I am running the Eclipse with the 42 tooth and had to space it out a bit to clear the chain stay, I am thinking I might swap to a Lekkie 42 tooth It would move the line out a bit and maybe solve the issue, however it looks like you are out of stock on the 42 tooth, soo I might have to wait a bit

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe, if the BMS was not fried and you can find that board. I think we need more info though... namely, what order# and a pic of this board and a pic of the port.

For all we know you might just need to change the charge port itself. If there is a plug going into that port you can test for voltage by unplugging that and testing with a multimeter for voltage

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Check out these pages. Personally I would just rework a cassette. That it is only happening in certain gears is indicative of a chainline issue.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...bshd-and-bbs02
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-drive-systems

• Cavi
    commented on 's reply
    the derailuer is fine, just had it adjusted 2 days ago and it works fine with no motor power, only issue is when there is power to it

• Jack H
    replied
    I just crossed the wires on my new barrel connector....bam....big spark and stinky....Now my battery won't charge .......I opened the battery and see the little board near the charge port.....can I change this board and start charging again????
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• HIGHVOLTAGE
    commented on 's reply
    30 amps is the max. You can go with that or anywhere below. Most riders go with 30 though for that sweet acceleration boost.

• HIGHVOLTAGE
    commented on 's reply
    The derailuer likely needs adjusting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkZxPIZ1ngY

You can get a bike shop to do this if you're not familiar.

• Cavi
    replied
    now that the bike is runnign and the gears are all setup, it runs great with no power in all gears. Once I turn on the system then it runs great fron gear 1 to maybe 6 of 9, then if I put it one of the higher gears it feels like it skips, not sure if it is actually jumping teeth on the casette or something in the motor clutch? Ideas on how to figure out what the issue is?

Leave a comment:

• Cavi
    commented on 's reply
    for the BBSHD with a 52v battery what should the current limit be set to? What is the max that the stock comtroller will handle?

• HIGHVOLTAGE
    commented on 's reply
    Much of the info you need can be found here in this thread. I wouldn't bother messing with the other settings unless you know what you're doing.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...shd-mid-drives

Speed limit just caps off your speed vs current which caps off the current.

• Cavi
    replied
    I know I found it before but for the life of me I cannot find the link to the video on the basic programming for the BBSHD Also looking through the programs, I had switched my bbshd to the limitless program, but have since modded the power levels on the pas positions to be a bit more linear as the first 4 levels are set to almost nothing. However I have a few questions 1:on the limitless all 9 settings have the speed % set to 100, while the stock BFANG and stock Luna have different percentages for some. What does it do having them set to 100%? 2: the stock BBSHD has the crank pulses set to 5 while the limitless has it set to 2 Again what does this do? I would have thought this would have been a fixed number according to a harware pas plate?

Leave a comment:

• HIGHVOLTAGE
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think it has it but you can always copy it over or copy the settings and then save it as a profile.

• Bbhdman
    replied
    I wish to buy the black box programmer but befor I commit to I need to know if it contains the 48v. Limitless program as that is the one I am most keen to try.

Leave a comment:

• HIGHVOLTAGE
    commented on 's reply
    Not a bad idea. This thread is more for troubleshooting and not suggestions though. I'd definitely recommend heading over to Fast Electric Bike on Facebook if you want to throw suggestions Eric's way though. That's where he hangs out and will most likely be able to see this.

You can also post it here if you want:

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-and-questions
Working...
X