Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    That is where I would start as well.

This page has some pictures and video that may be of some use.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...5701#post35701

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like it will need to be replaced.

• ncmired
    commented on 's reply
    Even though it sounds like you have the newer, 5 contact pin battery pack, I'd look for signs of corrosion and/or melting between the battery pack and the mount/tray.

• Singletrack66
    replied
    Hi,
    Suggestions for troubleshooting intermittent voltage drops? Once every 10 or 20 miles, over several weeks, electric assist and throttle will cut out. Indicated voltage is in 33-38V. After either a few minutes, or some wiggling wires, voltage will come back to 50 - 52V and everything is fine again. It seems to happen at random times (early in ride, or late in ride), not related to load or bumpiness.

Where would you start looking for problems? In the external wiring/connectors? Or inside the battery pack?

BBSHD, DPC14, 52V 17Ah shark/dolphin pack.

thanks,
    John

Leave a comment:

• pazazuu
    replied
    I have a 48v Luna charger that is not putting out the correct voltage. it says its at 37.1v when the battery is plugged in and 000 for the amps.. the LED doesnt change to red showing its under load. when unplugged from the battery it will say 51.1v.. any help will be appreciated

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    No parts I am aware of, but sounds like the right approach to me. I could be wrong though. Of course if it is actually stripped then all bets are off

• CC Rider
    commented on 's reply
    Well the red retaining ring fell off months ago (I asked if you had ant replacements and the answer was no), so the video link explains why it isn't self extracting. I guess I can use the ring from the other crank to make it self extracting? Unless you have replacement retaining rings in stock?

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like it might be stripped. Here is how it works https://youtu.be/mxAj-zbynPI
    Maybe you could tap it off with a mallet or something but I am guessing it needs replaced if it no longer extracts itself.

• CC Rider
    commented on 's reply
    I need to tighten up the BBHSD and to use the Luna tool the crank needs to come off. It seems stuck but did not want to start forcing it without some guidance.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Those are normally self extracting, are they damaged or something?

• CC Rider
    commented on 's reply
    The upgraded 170mm cranks with the Luna name on them https://lunacycle.com/luna-crank-arms/
    Last edited by CC Rider; 6 days ago.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Which luna cranks specifically?

• CC Rider
    replied
    I have Luna cranks and have to use a crank tool to pull it. Apparenetly my standard Park Tool CWP-7 will not work with the smaller diameter bolt in the Luna cranks. What do you recommend? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    Depends if it's a comment or a top level post. Comments don't have an icon to be automatically quoted, though I suppose if one were so inclined you could use the quote icon when leaving a top level post and insert the comment in that way. The icon will wrap it in quote tags.

Leave a comment:

• Steve--
    replied
    paxtana Why is your post unquotable? Is that by design, or some glitch?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X