Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased this controller to use on something other than an cyclone motor, I have wired up other controllers before, but the Hall Sensor wire bunch on this one threw me. I'm used to to seeing red, black, yellow, green, blue(5 wires). This has an extra wire, half yellow half green, and the red wire is labeled power switch. I'm used to seeing a separate two wire group for power.

How do I turn this controller on?
    The red wire has negative voltage so I trhink I need to feed it something, I'm just not sure what.

Thanks for any help you can give.​​​​

Comment

sorry this goes with the above
      How does the power switch work on the 60a 36~72v bluetooth controller?

Comment

Hi guys,

Question on the Apex 21700 pack got a shutoff at 50V. is that normal? if not are there suggested troubleshooting? Its starting to take a charge again. I just thought it would shut off at 46V or so? can someone confirm please? thanks Bryan

Comment

• F15Ranger
          F15Ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          how would you dial back the current? this is the ludicrous controller

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Program cable and the regular config software. It still works on Ultra, though it doesn't have torque config settings. For ludi it's double what the config says so if it's at 30A it's really 60A, 25 is really 50 etc, so if you dropped it by 5 that's a decent reduction.
          https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...shd-mid-drives

• F15Ranger
          F15Ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          thank you.. will order the cable.

I purchased 60 AMP 36-72V EBIKE BLUETOOTH PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLER. I hook up 52v to the main leads and I get zero volts at every other lead. Nothing at the throttle nothing, at the red wire on the hall sensor. I tried every wire. No 5v anywhere, even checked the blue tooth. Is this thing dead or am I missing something?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          It has same wiring as the stock controller and should be basically plug and play. You can check out the wiring diagram on the knowledge base, the colors on it may differ but it'll still have the right connectors for everything and you can use a multimeter to check it

• tklop
          tklop commented
          Editing a comment
          You will need to download the app, and log into the controller.

In order to get the controller to "appear" on the list of devices, you may have to also connect and switch on your power-switch.

I suggest you also review the info here--maybe even watch the video again: https://lunacycle.com/60-amp-36-72v-...le-controller/

Best of luck to you!

Tklop
          Last edited by tklop; 06-30-2018, 02:16 PM. Reason: for clarity

My BBS02 is shutting down as soon as the 48V battery reaches 50V. I thought it was the battery, but it's doing the same thing with a new battery. Once I reach 50V, any load at all on the motor, like a small hill, will cause the motor to cut off. If I'm on flat ground, it lasts a bit longer.

If I try to repair the motor, is it likely the controller or the motor core that needs replacing?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          The only way for a voltage-dependent issue to present itself would be either hitting low voltage cutoff on the controller or hitting low voltage cutoff on the battery. Otherwise the problem would be more intermittent and would happen at varying voltages.

Does your battery itself have a readout? Button, voltmeter etc. If so check it right after the shutdown to see if the pack itself lights up or you are still seeing it show voltage.

You could also try lowering max current in the program settings in case it's voltage sag, as well as lowering controller LVC as Fred said.

It's definitely not the core as that is not dependent on voltage whatsoever. Maybe it could be some flaw in the controller but we have not seen such an issue before.

• commuter ebikes
          commuter ebikes commented
          Editing a comment
          For LVC of 3.6V nominal Li ion cells (the ones that charge to 4.2V), I like a strict minimum of 2.9V/cell, but some people (who will sacrifice range in order to have their battery last as many years as possible) will choose 3.25V/cell.

2.9V/cell is really inviting trouble. I chose 3.25V/cell. Anything below 3.25V/cell and don't be surprised if you end up with a damaged cell; ask me how I know!
          Last edited by commuter ebikes; 07-01-2018, 03:09 AM.

Originally posted by danbaron View Post
        My BBS02 is shutting down as soon as the 48V battery reaches 50V. I thought it was the battery, but it's doing the same thing with a new battery. Once I reach 50V, any load at all on the motor, like a small hill, will cause the motor to cut off. If I'm on flat ground, it lasts a bit longer.

If I try to repair the motor, is it likely the controller or the motor core that needs replacing?
        Did it used to work OK? Or has it always done this? If you have access to a programming cable, you might check what the LVC setting is.

Comment

• danbaron
          danbaron commented
          Editing a comment
          It used to work fine, and drain the battery down to 42V before it would shut down. Now it shuts down at 50V. I don't think it's a setting, I think there is a serious issue with the motor. Any thoughts on Controller vs Motor Core... or something else. I don't think it's the battery. I don't think it's just a setting, as nothing has been changed.

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          Due to the way the motor works and how we've seen these motors operate. It's very unlikely the motor and sounds much more like your BMS is tripping because it can't keep up with the current demand from the motor. The motor doesn't have any built in voltage detection shut-off like that. The battery does. You may have an internal cell failure or maybe your cells have degraded. How old is the battery? Has it ever been dropped? Exposed to rain? Lots of factors could be involved here.

Help.. I think my main pinion gear snapped. I was stopped at a light and proceeded to pedal when I heard some thing snap. I have included pics below. I thought it might have been a clutch so I have one on order but this looks more serious. The gear spins freely but i cannot remove it (can it be repaired or is there a replacement available). The drive has about 2500 miles running on a 52v 17.5a battery.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Acs1krr; 07-01-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Acs1krr
          Acs1krr commented
          Editing a comment
          I removed nylon gear but main gear will not budge. Any suggestions? Pic is posted above...

• Acs1krr
          Acs1krr commented
          Editing a comment
          Problem solved...

Thanks California eBike... https://california-ebike.com/shop/ba...r-replacement/

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          There's reasons not to do just the rotor, some of it is even mentioned on your link. In any case good luck.

Got my BBSHD up and running yesterday. Took it for a 5 mile test run and everything worked great. Was showing it off to my kids on another short test run when it powered off and won't turn back on. I get no response when trying to power on the DPC-18. The battery was at about 60% when it powered off. I did an initial scan of all the connections and everything appears to be good. I charged it to 80% overnight and still no power. I've seen CapeCodRhino's post and it sounds very similar although I haven't done all the testing he has. Anybody have any suggestions for someone not as skilled as he is?

This is already my 2nd issue with the motor. The 1st one I was sent the motor without the chain ring bolt holes threaded. I received a replacement cover but am not very happy with my experience to this point.

Comment

• webicine
          webicine commented
          Editing a comment
          It is the triangle 48V Panasonic GA 18650 17.5AH pack

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          Check the voltage of the pack with a multi-meter and let me know what it says. Take some pictures of your connections, specifically the area where the battery plugs into the motor. And also unplug everything except JUST the LCD display to eliminate anything else as being a potential variable.

EDIT: You must be using an XT90 to Anderson adaptor correct? Those can sometimes be failure points.

• webicine
          webicine commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Highvoltage - you nailed it. It was the connection that I made from the battery to the adapter (that then plugs into the motor). I didn't have a good enough connection and it must have come loose. It's unfortunate that it doesn't just come with the correct connection in the 1st place.

I am looking to buy the 36v, 4a xt 60 charger from lunacycles.
        My cables are xlr.
        What connectors i need to buy in order to convert -xt60-xlr ??
        Last edited by Ebiker01; 07-02-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Hi Guys, Have an Apex with the Rohloff and i snapped a chain today.... actually I believe its just the master link. Can you please advise on replacement specs so i can grab one from a local store? Its a KMC Chain that has XSP on it. Not sure of the width etc.. i bought a few SRAM Power links Silver 8 speed links but they seem so thin.... a bit worried these are just for a quick fix. Thanks
        Last edited by F15Ranger; 07-02-2018, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F15Ranger View Post
          Hi Guys, Have an Apex with the Rohloff and i snapped a chain today.... actually I believe its just the master link. Can you please advise on replacement specs so i can grab one from a local store? Its a KMC Chain that has XSP on it. Not sure of the width etc.. i bought a few SRAM Power links Silver 8 speed links but they seem so thin.... a bit worried these are just for a quick fix. Thanks
          If you take your broken chain down to the LBS, they will set you up with the Master Link that you need. I use SRAM 7-speed PowerLinks as a permanent part of my chain (as opposed to a quick fix).

Comment

Originally posted by commuter ebikes View Post

If you take your broken chain down to the LBS, they will set you up with the Master Link that you need. I use SRAM 7-speed PowerLinks as a permanent part of my chain (as opposed to a quick fix).
            thanks but what is LBS? Just to confirm you are saying that the SRAM Powerlink is a good solution ? I have two of these.

Comment

• commuter ebikes
              commuter ebikes commented
              Editing a comment
              LBS = Local Bike Shop.

SRAM PowerLinks are absolutely bombproof.

My head hurts after looking for perfect dc-dc step down for my triangle 58.7v battery all over the internet. Do I have to get 70v to 12v then get 12v to USB ports? It’s for my android device inside the battery housing which I use as a gps tracker. Last time I got 60v to 5v dc dc converter from amazon and it killed my $200 gps tracker and the converter iself.

I would prefer something that won’t blow up inside my battery pack.

Thank you.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
              HIGHVOLTAGE commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think we recommend any converters for our products for the exact reason you mentioned. It's just not worth the risks and liability involved. Better to use the product exactly how it was intended and not mess around with add-ons and plug-ins that may potentially kill both products in the event of a failure.

• zacstone
              zacstone commented
              Editing a comment
              If the display has USB port then there got to be a way to make one inside the battery case. I am sick of having USB cable wires to my battery case which I have to charge every night in order to have it fully charged. I don't think it is a problem to a parallel to charging cable or use the T90 splitter from the battery so it only charges the smartphone when it is running. Got to be a way.

• zacstone
              zacstone commented
              Editing a comment
              My last ebike got stolen so I'm gonna not let it happen again by having smartphone inside it.

thanks but what is LBS? Just to confirm you are saying that the SRAM Powerlink is a good solution ? I have two of these.
            hahaah LBS ........ thank you!

Comment

• Joe Remi
              Joe Remi commented
              Editing a comment
              Add the PowerLink and try to take it easy on shifts. Even with a Gear Sensor that chain takes a lot of stress if you shift under power so...don't do that! Plan the shift early, ease up on the pedals, click the click and let the motor catch back up and power you forward.

hahaah LBS ........ thank you!
            Thanks for the Tip. I have a Rohloff hub so there is no shift sensor installed. Not sure if you have played with one but it wont let you shift until you stop peddling. The original link broke as i used the throttle passing someone on a paved flat trail. Its possible that i was in a lower gear than i should have been. After further inspection i found a few small burs on the race face sprocket that were easily filed off. I am not sure if this was the cause or the result. A few days ago the chain did come off once for some unknown reason but then rode nearly 100 miles and even up some of the craziest hills in downtown Seattle without issue. Now and again i noticed a click sound possibly coming from the chain but i wasn't sure. I am maybe thinking it was from a stiff link. Would that cause a failure if it was accidentally pinched to tight as the master link?

Comment

• Joe Remi
              Joe Remi commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmm, it sounds like - I could be completely wrong - there's a stress on the chain somewhere. What "speed" is it? I tried using a 9-speed chain on a singlespeed (not electric) bike and discovered it was too narrow for the rear single cog and was kinda sticking to it. Maybe you need an 8-speed chain, or 1/8”, for your Rohloff?
          Working...
          X