This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,
    I'm about to buy the BBS02 kit and the battery I have is 36V 10.4Ah. What I need to know, is if it will work?
    I know is not going to perform at its best, however batteries are kind of expensive. From what I read 48V and 52V are recommended.
    Thank you in advance.

Comment

• ykick
      ykick commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the problem might be adjusting controller LVC (low voltage cutoff) down to 36V pack values? IIRC, the BBS02 controller I ordered a while back could only program to 38V LVC. That's too high for 36V battery packs which normally need about 31V LVC.

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      If the BBS02 kit is being purchased from LunaCycle, it will have a low voltage cut-off of 38v-43v, meaning a 36v battery won't power up the unit since it's below the cut-off minimum. Some other vendors places sell BBS02's specifically modified to handle 36v batteries if you look around. But keep in mind if you ever wanna decide to upgrade to 48v/52v from the 36v version, you'll be out of luck so it's probably best to use a minimum of 48v as a starter battery rather than 36v.
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 6 days ago.

• ykick
      ykick commented
      Editing a comment
      Lo & behold, stumbled across this: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-a-36v-battery

• Hey Sticky,
    hope you are able to help ! ;-) .. So I've successfully re-programmed my BBSHD a couple of times, (using the usb cable) but now when I try to modify the settings the assists levels seem to be inoperative. In short the 9 assist levels all do 100% !! I've carefully followed several setup parameters from online sources but nothing helps the situation :-/ please please I hope you have a solution ..

Jai.... ;-)

Comment

• Eric, I am wondering if you have a controller for my ebike setup. I have a 1000 watt rear hub motor and 52v 15ah lithium ion battery. In the near future I am going to trade out the 1000 watt motor for a 1500 watt. I need a controller that can handle either one with the 52 volt setup

Aldebaran
      Last edited by Aldebaran; 5 days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aldebaran View Post
        Eric, I am wondering if you have a controller for my ebike setup. I have a 1000 watt rear hub motor and 52v 15ah lithium ion battery. In the near future I am going to trade out the 1000 watt motor for a 1500 watt. I need a controller that can handle either one with the 52 volt setup

Aldebaran
        https://lunacycle.com/motors-and-kit...ke-controller/ or https://lunacycle.com/kelly-controll...amp-kbs48121x/.

Comment

• Aldebaran
          Aldebaran commented
          Editing a comment
          It seems that the controllers listed are a gamble. I have never bought from Luna Cycle, but the report on the controllers are at best like playing the lotto! Em3ev has everything I need and is all plug n play. And Em3ev has top of the line ebike equipment! Thanks moderator for your time!

Aldebaran

• Two quick questions both on my Luna Deluxe Mini Cyclone kit

1: What freewheel removal tool will work with the 13T freewheel that attaches to the Cyclone itself and do you sell it? If I need to remove it from the adapter (i.e. if it wears out) I'll need it someday.
        2: What is the size for the steel hose clamp that came with the kit? 10"? 12"? I need tto go buy a second as I want to use two to clamp on my controller.

Thx!

Comment

• I have your 48v 21 AH pack (the bomb, btw.... got 80 miles out of it yesterday on my recumbent build, with some to spare). Question: in the RC world, a lipo should charged to 3.8v per cell for storage. In the case of my battery, if I intend to leave the pack for a ptolonged period, what us the proper storage voltage??? Many thanks, I'm loving the BBSHD running the Limitless.el programming.

Comment

• Wondering if anyone has suggestions on alternative mounting options for the bbshd speedo sensor? My RSD Mayor fat bike has such wide rear chainstays that the sensor at it's fully expanded setting is still like a inch away from the magnet. I have tried various spots on the rear but the closest i can get is may a half inch away. Any one know of something that can be used as a spacer or am I better off buying a couple extension cables, routing to the front wheel and mounting on the fork?

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            If you can go to the front without it being too problematic that's probably the way to go otherwise you would need to fabricate something custom.

• Epyon
            Epyon commented
            Editing a comment
            If you've got the cable length, I've always run off the rear rotor. May take some ingenuity to mount up though.

• Hey, Luna team. I want to order my wife a fat tire bike and I'm wondering what the your take is on Deluxe FUSION 500 vs Luna Fusion KHS 1000. I'm having a tough tough time setting them apart from each other. One note is that we're still towing tag alongs for the kids behind our ebikes for another year, so if there's a motor/drivetrain better suited to that, then please let me know. Oh, while you're at it... I really want to buy one of those super scooters. When do you expect to have them back in stock? Are there custom colors available?

Muzz

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Those bikes are very similar besides a few component differences on frame itself (see specs at khs)
            Either of those bikes would be fine for towing, its more how you have the drivetrain geared. you can always change this up later.
            No eta for scoots right now sorry.

• Muzz
            Muzz commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Pax

• Im ordering the anniversary sale $750 BBSO2, but have couple questions: first, does it come with the hot rod programming and beefed up controller like the regular priced kit or is that an option? Second, how can I add the brake magnet sensor for motor shut off so I can use my own brake levers?

Comment

• edit2: Walked the dog, came back and reseated all the connections. Works now.

Leaving this up for google-indexing! If anybody else thinks maybe that controller/display doesn't work with that motor, check the connections! IT DOES!

I've plugged everything in and the motor doesn't move :(

Is there some documentation that should have shipped with this? The controller is plugged in, the display is on, the motor is plugged in, but when I move the throttle, nothing happens.

I have this kit: https://lunacycle.com/BAFANG-750w-ge...r-front-wheel/

The DPC-10 display, and this controller (which the kit came with): https://lunacycle.com/replacement-co...or-hub-motors/

This build has been a roller coaster of emotions, man haha.

Edit: looking at the display product page...does this display even work with this motor?!? It's not listed as compatible, but it is the one that ships with the kit.
          Last edited by blhack; 4 days ago.

Comment

• Is this thing on?

Had a question about the anniversary sale BBS02. The description mentions the hotrod programming but is kind of vague about whether or not the units come with it. Are they shipping with the standard firmware or the "hotrod" 1500W stuff? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
              HIGHVOLTAGE commented
              Editing a comment
              Leave a comment in the "comment box" during the checkout to program for Hot Rod programming to make sure.

• Where exactly should the plastic PAS that comes with the xiongda 2-speed (or "double-torque") kit be installed? When I put it in between the crank and the bottom bracket and then reattach the crank, it seems to introduce friction to pedaling and I am concerned that it will wear through the plastic collar.

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              That's where it goes. However as noted on documentation we cannot guarantee compatibility with all bikes for this part due to variation in how bikes are built. Might possibly need modified

• Can you advise which kit for a front hub mount on a 'beach cruiser' with tire size 26x1.95/47-559.

Comment

• Thanks ykick. But what to do about the oos parts?

Comment

• ykick
              ykick commented
              Editing a comment
              I think the kit works without display and twist throttles are available.

• How much room do you need between the drop-down arms?

Comment

Working...
            X