Xcr4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xcr4000

I have a GT, XCR4000, and wanted to install a mid drive BBSHD on it. Was wondering if that is possible, and what size should I get, since the BB is about 73mm? Thank you.

Well, so much for answering this in 30 minutes. Now, if you answered this in a couple hours, you would be right on time. The reason why I am asking this question, is because the BB moves inside the shell of the bracket. Will it allow that much movement? I will attach pic if you need a good visual. Thank you
    Attached Files

Comment

Well that is the type of thing where you need both the motor and the frame in the same place to know if it is possible. I think the BBSHD has a 12mm gap so if it is more than 12mm at the thinnest point on your BB I would say it is a no go.

Next if you pull the crank arm shaft out is there a solid tube there for the BBSHD to clamp onto?

Then if you can rotate the eccentric 180 degree you may be able to get the BBSHD up against the front tube or gut the eccentric and turn an adapter on a lathe.

Finally do you really want a BBSHD? Get a different bike. The blue book on this one is less than $200.

Comment

Working...
    X