750 watt street legal? or Hot Rodded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 watt street legal? or Hot Rodded?

I'm ready to order my BSSHD kit, and just have a couple of questions. What do most people get? street legal or hot rodded? I'm planning on a 52v 13.5 a battery on an old mountain bike.If I buy it one way, can i get the specs to change it to the other? I know I need a cable, but are the numbers/settings out there to be gotten? One more question..the display. I'm thinking he 750 display, but after reading reviews I think the basic display may be better because it has less issues? any comments???

Yes, with the programming cable you can adjust the settings. There is lots of information on doing that both on this forum and other places on the web.

someone else May chime in on the display. I’ve never used the 750. I’ve got the DCP-14 and been happy with it.

Comment

Hot rodded all the way. You only live once.

Comment

In my experience Hot Rod programming doesn't change much except for the way hand throttle interacts with PAS (foot throttle). Stock Bafang (translated = 750W street legal) restricts hand throttle to whatever PAS level is selected. Hot Rod programming (translated = off road) allows full WOT (wide open throttle) level in any PAS mode, including 0.

Maybe somebody else will confirm but with either factory Bafang or Luna Hot Rod controller programming - using top PAS mode - my BBSHD units pull about 1500-1600W (52V pack) using either programming. Main difference is that stock 750W Bafang PAS 1 only allows the hand throttle to apply the PAS 1 limit. So on and so forth as you move up the PAS levels...

750C display, I like it. Yes the clock can be weird but so is the clock on my C961 which gains a minute or two everyday. I don't need a clock on my display as much as I need other more pertinent info. My phone has a better clock than any display/dashboard I've ever used. Poorly executed hold over tech from bicycle computers, IMO.

But 750C Watt meter with voltage readings enabled (forget battery % percentage on any system, IMO) is pretty sweet info. Especially for someone who hasn't used these systems enough to understand the operational envelopes under various conditions.

I haven't used the DPC-18 but one thing that I don't believe I would like based on the product photo (and couple people have mentioned) is that the power meter (icon?) appears to be much harder to view/read than the large font number 750C display uses for Watt/power info. Prefer my Watt-power numbers as large as the speedometer number.

Comment

Working...
        X