Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Easy Motion Atom Lynx 6 27.5 Pro the no-brainer choice over the 2018 Turbo Levo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Easy Motion Atom Lynx 6 27.5 Pro the no-brainer choice over the 2018 Turbo Levo?

I am down to choosing between 2 bikes:

1. Easy Motion ATOM LYNX 6 27.5 PRO (price: $5799.00 US)
    https://emotionbikesusa.com/atomx-lynx-6-pro/

2, Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Comp 6Fattie (price: $5500.00 US)
    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/me...=240244-129008

Both have as I understand the same motor: the new Brose Drive S.
    But the battery on the East Motion is 720 Watts, while the battery on the Specialized is only
    504 Watts.

Larger battery size - more range.

So does everyone agree the Easy Motion bike is the no-brainer choice over the Turbo Levo?

Yes the 21700 cells are step above the more common 18650. Are you sure a 250 watt motor is enough oomph?

Comment

Originally posted by max_volt View Post
      Yes the 21700 cells are step above the more common 18650. Are you sure a 250 watt motor is enough oomph?
      I would like more "oomph", but all the mountain type bikes with fattie (2.8 cm) tires come only with a 250 watt motor.

Bikes with larger motors are those "hybrid" bikes, ie, in-between a road and mountain bike, but with skinnier tires (47mm for example) and frequently 29" wheels.

For me stability is very important; so I prefer the 2.8 cm tires (min) and the smaller 27.5" wheels. None of these bikes seem to offer a motor with more than 250 watts.
      Are you aware of any?

Comment

They are starting to show up now with some frequency
        3rd Gen Am1000 Bafang Ultra G510 Mid Motor Full Suspension Emtb 48v 1000w Mountain Electric Bike Stealth Bomber Bike , Find Complete Details about 3rd Gen Am1000 Bafang Ultra G510 Mid Motor Full Suspension Emtb 48v 1000w Mountain Electric Bike Stealth Bomber Bike,Mountain Electric Bike,Bafang Ultra 1000w Mountain Electric Bike,Bafang Ultra 1000w Full Suspension Mountain Electric Bike from Electric Bicycle Supplier or Manufacturer-Jinhua Frey Power Sci-Tech Co., Ltd.

Comment

Comment

Thanks! That's the bike I need... I also like the throttle, and the kickstand.

I didn't know you could order a bike from Alibaba.
            But I would not be confident putting it together, or setting it up.

Are you aware of a bike like that sold in bike stores?

Comment

• max_volt
              max_volt commented
              Editing a comment
              The bike store could assemble it at a nominal fee.

• max_volt
              max_volt commented
              Editing a comment
              Bear in mind I am in no way endorsing that bike but merely pointing out options. As far as I know there have been no long term tests. I didn't know alibaba was an option either but has been discussed here:

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...g510-100-motor
          Working...
          X