ID:	54959Click image for larger version

Name:	converter.PNG
Views:	246
Size:	359.9 KB
ID:	54960 Products from Bangood

Leave a comment:

• Kenm
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for that.Sounds interesting and is available from Bangood, a company I buy from quite often Bangood have really great prices and often have free shipping.
    As an example I have just bought an electrical bike pump, which appears identical to the Luna one, but only cost me $24 NZ, with free shipping.

• HarryS
    replied
    There's a guy on the endless sphere forum reporting that he had been able to convert 36V to 48V and gets about 1000 Watts out. I would have been skeptical but he says this unit works.

Wangdudd22 DC-DC converter You might have to look around to find one on ebay specific to your country.

He' not running a big motor, probably a 500W geared motor.
    Last edited by HarryS; 12-12-2017, 10:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kenm
    commented on 's reply
    yes, I have come to that conclusion. Both are big ,square, Ping batteries, hard enough to neatly put just one on a bike! At least they should last for years on our folding bikes which are only used a couple of times a week.

• ykick
    replied
    Only reasonable setup would be in series. If that's too big of pack then you're kinda screwed. DC-to-DC wouldn't be very efficient and quite a mess to setup, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• commuter ebikes
    replied
    If you wired them in series, what would the resulting 48V battery weigh in at? In other words, what is the combined weight of these two batteries?

Leave a comment:

• Kenm
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I saw that one, but nothing available in NZ. Also at only 10 amps , not much use for my BBSHD!

• Tommycat
    replied
    A DC to DC converter is available, but perhaps not cost effective. And at 7 pounds.

Example- https://www.powerstream.com/dcdc-extreme-2448.htm

Leave a comment:

• Kenm
    started a topic 24 volts DC to 48 volts dc

24 volts DC to 48 volts dc

Can any one tell me if it is possible to achieve the above ? I have two nearly new 30ah 24 volt batteries, but have just changed to a 48 volt motor.
    I have an occasionally used 24 volt folding bike, but these 24v batteries are largely going to be sitting doing nothing, so it would save me megabucks if I can use them on the new 48v set up.
    [I wouldn't want the weight of using both in series ]
Working...
X