52V Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

52V Charger

I have the LUNA CHARGER 52V ADVANCED 300W EBIKE CHARGER ... It is 5cmX9cmX20cm .
    I'm looking for a charger for my backpack that is smaller, lighter and has the highest amp output possible to 5 amps.
    The charger must be maintainable(not glued together), as the LUNA charger I have the power cord side I shortend at the case due to the sheath cracking.
    I don't care bout a display, red/green led's are fine, fan isn't necessary it adds bulk and weight to the case.
    As light as possible, my bike pack is getting too full and heavy.

These Chinese chargers onAliEx....Well, they are questionable in their specs and quality.
    Any recommendations? ...
    Last edited by MichaelT; 01-19-2018, 07:52 AM.
    NO AIRBAGS .... WE DIE LIKE REAL MEN

For on the go charging, I use a Cycle Satiator, since it can do 8A and is pretty robust. It's smaller, but heavy. So maybe not what you want. Cords, construction all nice. Expensive. About $300!

Someone will probably weigh in with a nice, cheap, 5A charger that's a better fit for you, but I thought I'd mention it for consideration.
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Luna has a 2 amp, sometimes 3 amp smaller charger. lower charging amps prolongs the life of your batteries. https://lunacycle.com/standard-plast...ttery-charger/

Comment

The charger for my pack is for quick charging/top up when stopped for a coffee/snack/shopping.
        Small and light, plastic case is preferred, doesn't need the internal fan as it increases the bulk and weight.
        As close to 5A as possible.
        Yes, letting the pack settle after a higher amp charge is recommended, I 1A overnight to 80%, then 5A to 100% pre-ride, let settle 1hr.
        I follow proper charge conditioning protocols....9x 80%@1A, 1x 100%@5A, discharge then 1A to 80%.
        3600km on my pack in 1 season, 7-10 charges per week, approx 209 charges, and my pack has not diminished any capacity.
        I'm glad I got the TESLA cells, I would use up my pack in 2 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelT View Post
          [U]
          I'm glad I got the TESLA cells, I would use up my pack in 2 seasons.
          Tesla cells. Could you go into more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by calfee20 View Post

Tesla cells. Could you go into more detail.
            https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thre...st-data.45063/

The proper destination for a TESLA (Panasonic/Sanyo) cell is:
            NCA - Chemistry
            18650 - Size
            GA - Power curve.

TESLA NCA18650GA 3500mAh (Cells from an 90kWh pod) cell. Some people don't like the voltage sag and some don't mind due to having a large size. pack.
            I like the 2000 cycle duty life on the cells (depending on how you treat the cells) that is possible with proper charge conditioning of any particular pack.
            TESLA has a 'Smart Battery Management' circuit built into their pods for this exact purpose to maximize the life of the cells. Also the fact it is n NCA chemistry makes for the most durable, shock resistant cell compared to a NCI cell.
            Pics are from my ebike and an eSk8.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X