Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    I will look again and pay attention to the thumb screw diameter.

• theronchaplin
    commented on 's reply
    That's a bummer. You're the first one I've heard with a problem... I've read 2 or 3 other reports that this part fixed it for them.

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    That looks like mine. I hope it works for you.

• theronchaplin
    replied
    For calfee20

Front fender thumbscrew pics
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0028.JPG
Views:	481
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	66439Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	66440 ​​​​​​​
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    How about a photo of the new thumb screw.

• theronchaplin
    commented on 's reply
    I had the same issue and contacted Montague. There is a new front fender available that supposedly fixes that issue, it has a thumbscrew for tightening. I just emailed them and sent pictures of the stock one so they could verify I had the "bad" one. I had the new one shipped no charge to me within a couple weeks. I'd love to tell you how awesome it works, but I haven't put it on yet LOL.

• commuter ebikes
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, that is madness.

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah the valve stem is off. I have new spokes on the way so maybe two weeks.

• ncmired
    replied
    Stop the madness:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2-17-2009-022-large.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	66376

Leave a comment:

• ncmired
    commented on 's reply
    It'll be an interesting looking front wheel, and since spokes rarely break in front wheels the partial disassembly required to fix spokes on this pattern is a minor deal.

The one in the photo is not built correctly, one rim hole off (maybe more, if the rim has offset holes).
    Last edited by ncmired; 06-05-2018, 02:27 PM.

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't been able to run the front fender. I can't seem to keep it tight.

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    You know I might agree with you for a motor driven rear wheel but for a front wheel. The components are all the same. I think I am going to try one on a front wheel. Stay tuned!

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply

• commuter ebikes
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldn't use that pattern because it doesn't distribute the load of the pushing and pulling spokes as evenly as does the more common 3 cross pattern where the pushing and pulling spokes alternate in the hub. The only reason to use that pattern would be for the aesthetics which would only be seen when the wheel is not in motion.

• commuter ebikes
    commented on 's reply
    I think that 32 spokes became the industry standard because 32 spokes are plenty strong for most applications and the weight savings are appreciable because you are reducing the weight of the reciprocating mass which affords the most benefits.
Working...
X