BBSHD Hot Rod 2 Ludicrous Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD Hot Rod 2 Ludicrous Controller

Just curious if anyone knows whether you need to reprogram your bike if your going from standard BBSHD configuration from Luna to a Ludicrous controller. I was luckily able to purchase the controller after already purchasing the bike with the standard controller which I believe has Hot Rod settings.

You can use the program cable and config if you want to, but it's not required, the controller is already preset with a known good config.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
      You can use the program cable and config if you want to, but it's not required, the controller is already preset with a known good config.
      I'm also one of the very lucky ones. and wanted to ask... what kind of battery would i need for the 2500W 50A controller. Would a regular 52V battery do for now or do i need to go bigger like 72V or 60V?

Comment

While ludi is capable of higher current it is not for higher voltage. 52v nominal is the max...

Comment

• intramorph
          intramorph commented
          Editing a comment
          awesome thanks... i just need to get that battery from luna now :D cause i doubt my 48V pack will be sufficient for this

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          I would be more focused on sag than voltage, but yeah if you want speed might as well.

I just tested a 2 year old ga carbon shark with several thousand miles on it using a ludicrous controller, due to the wear it was showing ~9v voltage sag under heavy load.

More worn out a pack is the more sag, was interesting to see just how much you can expect pulling 50a peak from such a well used ga pack in 4p configuration. With sag like that you could expect to only use half the pack before sagging to lvc. On a new 4p ga pack I got here the sag was half that.

Go bigger capacity or a high current pack if you can. It will be better for the long term

Anybody using the Ludicrous controller should have a battery capable of pretty high amperage. All 18650 cells will not be sufficient. I have had good luck with the 25R cells and a 14s6p battery. A couple other cells that will work as long as you have a 5p or 6p battery are the HG2 and 30Q cells. A 48v battery will work just fine...but you still need the amperage capacity to supply about 100A in theory IMO. By that I mean a 5p pack with 25R or HG2 cells (20A per parallel string) or a 6p pack with 30Q cells (capable of 15A per parallel string). There may be other cells that will work...I am just familiar with the ones I listed.

Comment

Working...
        X