Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the application of supercapacitor on electric bicycle or electric motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the application of supercapacitor on electric bicycle or electric motorcycle

There is a kind of supercapacitor whose energy density can be up to 130wh/kg. Applying such super capacitor to electric bicycles can solve the problem of charging speed and power, and the battery life is very long. Is anyone interested in this

Do you have independent laboratory certification of this density?

Is this a solid state or liquid capacitor?

You are welcome to send some over for testing at our lab, PM me if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
      Do you have independent laboratory certification of this density?

Is this a solid state or liquid capacitor?

You are welcome to send some over for testing at our lab, PM me if you want.
      Sure, we have an independent laboratory certification, and our supercapacitors are not laboratory products. They are already widely used in the bus system, and we are the national engineering center of automotive supercapacitor.
      Answer to the second question: liquid capacitor.
      What’s more, I would like to communicate with you. My job is to apply our supercapacitor to electric bicycles and motorcycles. What else do you want to know?

Comment

A spec sheet would be helpful, as well as any relevant certs.

Also any websites for your company, whitepaper on the underlying technology, press releases, stress testing documentation, permittivity testing, etc..

Basically any and all documentation you have.

Also average cost per kwh, operating voltages, and physical size of this cap at 130wh/kg.

Comment

A spec sheet would be helpful, as well as any relevant certs.

Also any websites for your company, whitepaper on the underlying technology, press releases, stress testing documentation, permittivity testing, etc..

Basically any and all documentation you have.

Also average cost per kwh, operating voltages, and physical size of this cap at 130wh/kg.
          Ok, could you please provide me with your email address?Since I do not know you well, I will send some materials to you. Could you tell me something about your company

Comment

It is gary@lunacycle.com

My company is Lunacycle. We are the largest USA manufacturer of ebike kit batteries, the largest USA reseller of Chinese ebike kit batteries, the largest worldwide reseller of Bafang ebike kits, the exclusive north american distributor for Sur-Ron electric dirtbikes, the owner of this forum, as well the main electricbike.com informational site, and electricmotorcycle.com. Also we have a second company that is one of the largest vape supply websites on the net including 18650 lithium cells.

Our main focus is on helping develop products and technologies to make lightweight electric vehicles widespread in north america, as well as educate the public and support community efforts in DIY ebike projects.

Comment

It is gary@lunacycle.com

My company is Lunacycle. We are the largest USA manufacturer of ebike kit batteries, the largest USA reseller of Chinese ebike kit batteries, the largest worldwide reseller of Bafang ebike kits, the exclusive north american distributor for Sur-Ron electric dirtbikes, the owner of this forum, as well the main electricbike.com informational site, and electricmotorcycle.com. Also we have a second company that is one of the largest vape supply websites on the net including 18650 lithium cells.

Our main focus is on helping develop products and technologies to make lightweight electric vehicles widespread in north america, as well as educate the public and support community efforts in DIY ebike projects.
              Thank you. I will reply to you by email as soon as possible

Comment

Thanks for posting at least this much. You smart guys get me so excited. When you are ready to do idiot testing, I am available.

Comment

Originally posted by xcnick View Post
                  Thanks for posting at least this much. You smart guys get me so excited. When you are ready to do idiot testing, I am available.
                  Thank you for your reply. I will take an active part in it

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, he has not proven anything yet.

And it's not like we don't have reason to take this claim with a grain of salt.

Fact is China is a way larger market for ebikes, with most domestic sales using lead acid batteries due to the cost of lithium. If this Chinese company does have a capacitor that is ideal for ebike use it raises the question why this is not already widespread in domestic markets. It would be huge since it is not hazmat like lithium, not flammable like lithium, and presumably not expensive like lithium since just about any supercapacitor material you can think of would be less rare than lithium. For example the barium titanate used by Eestor is dirt cheap.

As much as I would love to believe the reason we have not heard about it is that this is some cutting edge new technology, well, still waiting on that email for any sort of proof..

Comment

Fact is China is a way larger market for ebikes, with most domestic sales using lead acid batteries due to the cost of lithium. If this Chinese company does have a capacitor that is ideal for ebike use it raises the question why this is not already widespread in domestic markets. It would be huge since it is not hazmat like lithium, not flammable like lithium, and presumably not expensive like lithium since just about any supercapacitor material you can think of would be less rare than lithium. For example the barium titanate used by Eestor is dirt cheap.

As much as I would love to believe the reason we have not heard about it is that this is some cutting edge new technology, well, still waiting on that email for any sort of proof..
                      Thank you for your attention

First, our price is higher than that of lithium
                      Second: our energy density is still relatively low compared to lithium, so the volume will be larger than that of lithium
                      Third: the price of lithium electricity in China is too cheap
                      Fourth: we use activated carbon as the material
                      Fifth: it would be quite exciting to be recognized by LUNA CYCLE

I am preparing the materials and will send an email to you

Comment

I have sent you an email。

Comment

I've been paying attention to capacitors for a while. Energy density is a long way from battery. I'm very dubious about anything very practical for a bike at this time but would be happy to see some progress.

I have an electric screwdriver that runs off a capacitor that is really good for me. It takes 90sec to charge from 0-100% and will run enough screws to hang a sheet of drywall.

They also generally start at very high voltages (that's how they get capacity - E = CV^2), much more than we are used to, and can run all the way to zero volts so something to flatten the voltage is necessary - not a big deal, it's just electronics, but it is a reality and it might make sense to incorporate that function in the battery a la BMS but it's not trivial electronics at the power we run...

Comment

Electronics are definitely not my strong suit. But I play around with computers and do some overclocking. My understanding is that a DC/DC Voltage regulator (VRM, aka Buck Converter?) Doesn't actually care what Voltage goes into it. It regulates to a feedback circuit that senses output and adjusts by that. The only reason I know this is spoofing the feedback side is one of the overclocking tricks.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	794
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	77681

Comment

Working...
                              X