Rans tail conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rans tail conversion

I own a rans tailwind and am interested in converting it to a long-range electric. I'm pretty much a newbie with this technology and I'm interested in anyone's opinion.

fedmon

Did my rans bbs02 conversion a year ago. Oer 4500 miles.

Comment

I have a Tailwind and the BBS02 will not work due to where the bottom bracket is. I have it set up with a 750 watt Bafang rear hub motor. It has tons of power with that motor in a 20" wheel. In fact the 500 watt version would probably be plenty. I can get 50 miles of range with a 13.5 ah, 52 volt battery. It climbs steep hills with no problems but top speed is only 23 or 24 mph. The nice thing with the Tailwind is that it has plenty of room for a decent size tire in back. I am using a Schwalbe Big Apple 20 X 2.15 for a smoother ride.

Comment

• FedmonCasod
        FedmonCasod commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much for your time.. where would you get the kit?

Fedmon

I actually got it through Luna, but they don't sell them now. You could go with a Mac hub motor through Luna or Em3ev. I also have a Magic Pie Edge (from Golden Motor Canada) which I got for my daughter's trike. I tried it out on the Tailwind and was really impressed with it. It is incredibly quiet. It has great torque in the 20" wheel with a 52 volt battery.

Comment

Working...
      X