TSDZ2 parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSDZ2 parts?

I've ordered a TSDZ2 kit. I was just wondering what parts such as chainring adapters, or chainring kits are being designed or protoyped right now? I'm putting this on a Trek 73mm bottem bracket with Nexus 7 speed IGH on a 26" bike for street use.

These 30 and 42 tooth (10mm offset) Lekkie-ish rings look useful, and several shops have 104 and 130 chainring adapters. I guess this stuff has been around a while - I hadn't noticed it until now.
    BBSHD / BBS02 IGH Builds: Nexus / Alfine 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6, Rohloff: 1

Comment

That looks nice. I bookmarked the page. I assume it goes on the 110mm adapter the TS comes with. I'll run the gear charts and see if 42T will work for me. The outside counter bore makes me wonder if the chainguard will still be there? I need to get some face time with the TS before I get too far ahead. But it helps to know what's out there. I just wonder if Luna has anything planned for these. I would wait for it so I have only one vendor to deal with if possible.
      The drawing you posted in the other Tsdz2 thread shows the ring mounted inboard and no chainguard. That offset ring is counterbored to mount outboard. maybe there are differnet versions of the adapters for these?
      42x16t Nexus 7 gives a legalistic 28mph top speed at 90rpm.
      Last edited by Retrorockit; 02-09-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

The parallels with the engineering solutions for the Bafang and Tong Sheng mid drives are ironic - same chain line and plastic gear issues for example.

I'm still wondering if Bafang will come up with take three of their BBS design, incorporating torque sensing (now that Tong Sheng has it), and maybe even solving the chain line issues via a much smaller diameter big gear that fits in the middle of 130BCD. Maybe even some sort of mid-motor / pinion drive mashup, like Rider mentioned a while ago.
        Last edited by ncmired; 02-09-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

I measured my BBSHD cover and it's much thicker than it needs to be in some places.
          Just like the American auto industry. If something works and succeeds it gets copied until everyone is making cast iron pushrod V8 engines. Now it's twin cam 4 valve 4 bangers. I expect the kit market will move to Mid drive TS/ Throttle setups. The torque sensor is probably cheaper than all the brake levers/switches, gear sensors and wiring not doing it requires.Better and cheaper is hard to argue with.

Comment

I'm looking into something even more rare than the Rohloff. Aslo more suited to my actual purpose. IDK if I can locate what I want. I see an advert for an NOS kit. But IDK how old the ad is. I can't post what it is until I get one for myself.

Comment

The drum roll has started ;-)

Comment

The seller contacted me. 1 NOS kit left in the whole world. But the chainline is worse than the Nexus7. The cog turned in on the Nexus7 = the cog turned out on this one. I was hoping it was a direct replacement.
                I guess I'll wait for the TS Kit, and hope it's still there. If I can use it. The seller has 3, but 2 are spoken for. Yes drum roll situation. Bend the frame and offset lace a wheel HMMMM.
                Offset lace a wheel and mod the frme to fit HMMMMMM.
                Last edited by Retrorockit; 02-09-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

One of these days, with a build that uses a non-rotary shifter Shimano/Sturmey IGH, this damned thing with its 10mm offset will save the day:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=80450&d=1546282963&type=large.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	82597

Until then, it's just for looking at.

Comment

After looking into chainline and OLD measurements.( I think I can fix the chainline issue with a jackshaft type device). But it's very old and if anything breaks or malfunctions I'll be SOL for the whole thing. So I've chickend out on this. I was looking at an NOS Shimano Auto D 4 speed auto shift IGH kit. The Nexus 4 hub has a 1:1 low gear and the rest are overdrive up to 84%. Perfect for traffic light launches and low gear ligh trail riding. Eeven the non electronic 4 speed hubs are scarce.
                    Cost about = a Nuvinci hub.
                    Last edited by Retrorockit; 02-10-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ncrkd View Post
                      One of these days, with a build that uses a non-rotary shifter Shimano/Sturmey IGH, this damned thing with its 10mm offset will save the day:
                      Click image for larger version Name:	fetch?id=80450&d=1546282963&type=large.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	82597

Until then, it's just for looking at.
                      Don't forget SRAM IGH.
                      Last edited by Retrorockit; 02-16-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Broke a pawl in the dds3. Click box damaged. Shifting rod "serviceable". Would like to repair
                        obsolete. No parts available. Sram deleted them.
                        sram no longer making igh.

Comment

I never liked the external click box, but the rotary Shimano IGH shifter screws up the chainline. Luna lists new DDS hubs in their catalog. I'm a Retro kind of guy so obsolete doesn't bother me usually.
                          But to get front triple chainring functionality with a mid drive setup. It's the only game in town. Or Rohloff. Could buy 10 DDS3 for 1 of those. You might need all of them with a BBSHD.

Comment

I really liked the sram. But i also have a hybrid sturmey does the same thing and has actually been abused heavier and has been trouble free for 10k miles.

Comment

Do you mean SA made an IGH/casette hub? What model is it? It sound wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                              X