Surly Big Fat Dummy Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surly Big Fat Dummy Questions

Hello! I'm interested in electrifying my big fat dummy. Curious if anyone has been successful making their conversion pedal-assist? I'm open to hub motor or mid drive (rear spacing is 197, 190 w/ adapters). Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Alex

Don't know about The Big Dummy, but the Wednesday frame converted great. 170 mm spacing though, one reason i went with it.

Comment

Hi - I'm thinking about a similar project. What did you end-up going with if any?

Comment

I’m doing the same project for commuting. 100 mm BBSHD w/ a 52 volt battery. Struggling a little bit to get it to Alaska because shipping batteries sucks, but I will try again next week. I love the ride of cargo bikes+ stability on icy roads with the longer wheelbase. I’ll post any difficulties or revelations that come up through the process.

Comment

I’ve just turned 100 miles on the BBSHD. It’s had no problems so far on my hilly dirt commute. I use it mostly in the lower pedal assist levels because when I crank it up it can snap my chain pretty easily. I don’t have the throttle hooked up yet so I’m not sure of the top top speed but it did 23 mph on level ground in pedal assist 5.

Comment

Working...
          X