Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-bike Suggestion for a 5'0 120 lb female?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-bike Suggestion for a 5'0 120 lb female?

Good morning everyone! I just registered because I am very interested in getting my very first e-bike. I’ve been told that Luna Bicycles are highly recommended. A little note on me, I’m not very fit even though I’m 5’0 120 lbs and almost 40. So I definitely need that electric assistance. I’d like an e-bike that I can use for a long time. I will pretty much just use the bike to make quick stops to local grocery store/dunkin donuts something like that. Sometimes, I'd be biking in the park with my kids. Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope you can point me in the right direction.

Hoping For:

1. Removable/replaceable lithium battery
    2. Can ride grass and/cement road
    3. Durable (a few bangs won’t break it)

Check out Elby. My 5’ sis loves the step thru design and regen for battery. She had a difficult time finding an ebike for her body type until finding the elby. Made in Canada, I think it’s easy returnable within a certain amount of time. Anyway maybe put it on your check list.

Comment

There are so many out there, I dont think anybody is familiar with them all. I would recommend going to a bike shop or Sporting Goods store and actually sit on and get a feel for what bike fits best and is most comfortable for YOU. With the BBSHD and other kits out there, you can turn nearly any non electric bike into what works best for you. A good bike(non electric) from a sporting goods store can run $250-$500. A bike from a Local Bike Shop that will measure you, and fit the bike to you will be more, but will offer the best ride and comfort. Once you select a bike that fits your body, looks how you like, and offers the ability to ride where you want, THEN you can add a motor and battery to it. My first ebike was just a cheap $100 "jimmy buffet" bike from walmart. I added a BBSHD and battery and it was set. But, because I did not focus on the proper bike that was best for ME, I am now building one custom from the ground up. Focus on the bike being the best fit for your body first. Many that do not do this, wind up with an expensive ebike that just sits collecting dust because it is uncomfortable, or just cant meet the needs they want to use it for.

Comment

Working...
      X