Shark mount on boda boda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shark mount on boda boda

I’m trying to figure out how to mount a shark battery on my boda boda step over frame. The curve of the downtube doesn’t allow a flush mount to the water bottle braze ons. Sliding it up and drilling new holes in the metal baseplate is also a problem because it would be pushed very close to the top tube to get both holes into the metal plate.
    Another option seems to be using a pair of braze ones on a stabilizing frame section between the rear wheel stays. It’s perpendicular to the existing mounting holes. To mount it vertically with the cord at the base i’m thinking if fabricating an adapter to use the existing holes. It also could be drilled through the metal baseplate and mounted with the wire end pointing up.
    Do you have suggestions for material to fabricate an adapter using the existing braze ons? Or alternate ideas for mounting the battery on this frame?

For curved downtubes, there are several clamp on / band on mounts available, here's but one: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...7224#post87224

You can combine these with a B-RAD Mounting Base to micro-adjust the position.

I like the contained/protected space behind the seat tube - maybe use some 1/4" or 3/8" thick HDPE sheet, which is strong, light, and very easy to work with.
    2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
    3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Nexus INTER-3 IGH
    4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
    5th build, 2019 Crust Evasion, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
    Other, Electronic throttle lock

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X