Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydralist
    replied
    As far as I know - those type of cables are non-unified and can't be used to separate vehicles, am I right?

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    Odds are the fuse is ahead of the inverter (DC side) so 25A × 68% (fuse working current) = 17A, 17A × 12V = 204W so then multiply by inverter efficiency and we're pretty darn close to the 150W...

• paxtana
    replied
    The inverter is not the same specs as the fuse? Geez I would not have thought Chevy would be such cheapskates

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    replied
    For 2014 the inverter looks to be only be 150W rated. Check your owner's manual. Earlier ones aren't very big....

See section 5.

Probably this one, section 5-8, if you don't have yours:
    2014 Chevy Silverado Manual

To run my 300W charger off my truck I use a $100, 750W inverter with big battery clamps. Engine on, hood up. You won't charge it with engine off, unless you have dual batteries on the truck, maaaaaybe.
    Last edited by JPLabs; 08-27-2019, 07:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Slipka26
    replied
    10-4 thankyou!

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    If that is 25a on the DC side before going to the inverter that would be 25x12=300w. Assuming whatever inverter in the truck is also similarly specced, a 300w charger should be okay. Might want to not put it on 5a charging and go a little slower on the charge rate if you want to play it safe and not blow a fuse

Leave a comment:

• Slipka26
    replied
    It looks like it is a 25A fuse

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    What is the fuse rated for on the outlet?

Leave a comment:

• Slipka26
    started a topic Car charging

Car charging

Hi, I have a 2014 Chevy pickup with a 110 outlet. Can I plug my Luna charger in that outlet and charge my ebike battery. Battery is Luna Shark 48v 13.5 ah. Charger is Luna 48v advanced 300w

Thanks!
Working...
X