Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chain derailing. 46T to 36T bling ring.

Hi, I have a Luna built KHS Alite 50 bike with a BBSHD
    Motor. I had the Lekkie 46T Bling Ring on the front and just replaced it with a 36T Lekkie bling ring. On the rear I have a SRAM 8 ring cassette with 11T-30T. I can’t use 1st and second gear with the 36T Bling ring because there isn’t enough offset to align the chain properly. Is there a different cassette I can buy that will give me the alignment that I need along with more teeth on each ring to give me more torque for climbing hills?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Slipka26 View Post
    Hi, I have a Luna built KHS Alite 50 bike with a BBSHD Motor. I had the Lekkie 46T Bling Ring on the front and just replaced it with a 36T Lekkie bling ring.
    Oh well, so much for your chain line!

On the rear I have a SRAM 8 ring cassette with 11T-30T. I can’t use 1st and second gear with the 36T Bling ring because there isn’t enough offset to align the chain properly.
    Yup ...

Is there a different cassette I can buy that will give me the alignment that I need
    Nope ...

... along with more teeth on each ring to give me more torque for climbing hills

Yes, a Shimano / Sunrace / SRAM 8-speed cassette with a 34 tooth low gear or maybe one of the obscure brand, mega-range cassettes with a derailleur hanger. Combining one of these with a Luna Eclipse 42 tooth chainring is probably the best you can do.
    2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
    3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
    4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
    Electronic throttle lock

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

SunRace has an 11-40t 8-speed that would give you more low end with the 42t ring than your 11-30t on the 32t ring while leaving your top end the same as with the 42t ring - best of both!

Comment

Working...
      X