Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    replied
    You don't need to connect the yellow wire. cut it back and/or tape it off. For the other wires, you are going to go red to red, and black to black. There is also a indicator on the xt60 sides showing plus and minus, so you can confirm you are going red to + and black to -

Leave a comment:

• Ralverson
    replied
    I have the basic 52 volt charger with the mini XLR plug. I cut it off and there are three wires. Red, black, and yellow. I have an xt60 adapter now so I can plug it into my Luna pack. What do I do with the yellow wire in the 3 wire bundle coming from the charger when I splice together? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Ralverson
    replied
    Thanks, sorry I’m new to this whole forum thing. I will try to find a connected locally, I did order battery, charger, and kit from Luna in the same day and received in the same day.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    I did not say you would have everything you need, yesterday was the first reply I left on this thread.

Regarding the electricals, if you order everything as a combo deal then yes it has everything you need for charger/battery/controller since the shop knows what you intend to connect it to. Otherwise, they have no idea what you are doing and as such including everything you might need is not practical.

For an xt60 you may want to check out RC shops, drone shops, hobby shops. It is very popular connector for RC cars and drones. Probably want to keep in mind that they won't have a mini xlr to xt60 adapter, but they probably will have either xt60 or xt60 pigtails. So you can cut off the minixlr (or barrel, depending on whatever charger you got) and either crimp on the xt60 pigtails or just solder the stripped back wiring directly to the xt60.

Leave a comment:

• Ralverson
    replied
    You’re correct, I did not say anything about the charger. When you said the kit would have everything I needed I assumed that meant being able to hook up the charger I bought within the kit to the Luna Wolf battery all from Luna. I would have ordered an adapter a week ago if I knew I needed it. I guess I need an xt60 adapter because I just got the basic 52 volt charger with the round connector. Are there any box stores you know of like RadioShack that may have the Xt60?

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    Hi there. What exactly are you looking to do? Looks like someone recommended the xt90-anderson adapter a week ago, which is good if you don't want to hardwire bbshd for xt90. It's in the connector section. I don't see any previous question here about a charger but if you have more info I can help. We need to know what charger you have to know what will work with wolf. The mini and advanced already have xt60 and are plug and play

Leave a comment:

• Ralverson
    replied
    The kit does not seem to have what I need after I specifically asked if the charger would connect to the battery. Where can I get the adapter quickly. I bought the kit and the battery from Luna.

Leave a comment:

• Ralverson
    replied
    The kit does not seem to have what I need after I specifically asked if the charger would connect to the battery. Where can I get the adapter quickly. I bought the kit and the battery from Luna.

Leave a comment:

• joost
    replied
    Nope, the kit should come with everything you need.

Leave a comment:

• Ralverson
    replied
    Thanks guys. I’ll go ahead and pull the trigger then. I bought the kit from Luna (yesterday) so will it connect right up or do I need to buy an adapter or connector with the battery? Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• joost
    replied
    The bbshd kit usually comes with Anderson pole connectors, so depending where you got your bbshd kit, you’ll need a Anderson to xt90 male connector. The wolf’s have dual redundant xt90 female connectors and xt60 charge ports.

Leave a comment:

• joost
    replied
    It’s a great setup, I have it on 2 bbshds and a bbs02 running the 12ah high power version, So you should be fine. I’d almost go for the longer range 13.5 ah if your worried about overkill.

Leave a comment:

• Ralverson
    started a topic Luna Wolf pack with BBSHD

Luna Wolf pack with BBSHD

Hi, I just bought the BBSHD kit and am about to pull the trigger on the Luna Wolf Battery. I just wanted to make sure it is not going to be overkill for the motor. Also, will I need a special connector or will it hook right up?
Working...
X