Super Banana V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Banana V2

Click image for larger version  Name:	coast whiteout.png Views:	0 Size:	975.6 KB ID:	122430

Now available, has full suspension and much more powerful v2 custom ludicrous controller

https://lunacycle.com/luna-super-banana-v2/

Last edited by paxtana; 02-19-2021, 05:16 PM.

4k watts on the BBSHD, wow! This looks sooooo fun ... and maybe just a bit dangerous .... which IMHO makes it a bit more fun.

Comment

Reminds me of the Heathkit mini bike I had when I was a kid. I think of all the fun I had with that that likely weighed a lot more and was about 1/10th the speed with the 5 horse briggs. I would not likely have survived if I had something like that to play with.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the system holds up once a bunch of the V2's make it into the wild. If it doesn't break how often will you just be wearing out parts? Will be good for us 1500 people to watch what parts work best. Anything that will hold up to 4k should last forever on a 1.5k.

Also what sort of range do you get if you are really having fun? I saw the note about recommending the dire wolf which makes you think the regular wolf must run down pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
        Click image for larger version Name:	coast whiteout.png Views:	0 Size:	975.6 KB ID:	122430

Now available, has full suspension and much more powerful v2 custom ludicrous controller

https://lunacycle.com/luna-super-banana-v2/

Can anyone buy this with the 4000w motor?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it is available right now

Can this easily be upgraded to 72V?

Comment

JVG1967 if you get it with V2 ludicrous controller, you could swap the battery for a 72V battery, yes. V2 Ludicrous controller is compatible with 72V. None of the others are.

We are not currently offering it pre-built with a 72V battery option, so that part would be on you. But it would definitely fit in that massive space, long as you can figure some way to mount it.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
            JVG1967 if you get it with V2 ludicrous controller, you could swap the battery for a 72V battery, yes. V2 Ludicrous controller is compatible with 72V. None of the others are.

We are not currently offering it pre-built with a 72V battery option, so that part would be on you. But it would definitely fit in that massive space, long as you can figure some way to mount it.
            I’d buy it with the 52V and see how I like that first. Last question, can you run a Gate Belt Drive with this or are gears recommended? Has the BBSHD been upgraded with your peek or steel gears?
            Last edited by JVG1967; 02-20-2021, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Hi paxtana , sorry to bother you, but I was looking to find out if this bike was only available for pre-orders or is it really available now? Had checked back when this was posted and couldn't seem to get an available finish to select. Wouldn't mind preordering if that's the case, but am not sure how to do so. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Comment

• Chodaboy
                Chodaboy commented
                Editing a comment
                I missed this batch too. Any idea if they will do another batch of the full suspension or when?

• paxtana
                paxtana commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes we are working on getting some more of these frames. I get the feeling they were more popular than first anticipated :)

• Tiny Murloc
                Tiny Murloc commented
                Editing a comment
                I've been checking every day for new stock :)

I got lucky and snagged one! Hoping it will be shipped some time this week.

Comment

• Tiny Murloc
                Tiny Murloc commented
                Editing a comment
                Let us know how you like it, I may just wait for the next batch. Have fun!

Will do! Hopefully it gets shipped today.

Comment

are rear racks compatible? or system to attach panniers?

Comment

Not that I am aware of.

Comment

I'm eagerly on the email list, excited for these to be available again.
                    I suspect that all my minibikes will be gathering dust soon...

Comment

So I was about to pull the trigger on the Luna Banana and I had no idea there was a Luna Banana V2 with full suspension. However, the bike doesn’t say out of stock it’s under pending. What exactly does this mean? It looks to be only $100 more expensive than the regular Luna Banana and it also has some wording of full suspension in that listing as well but the pictures don’t reflect that. I wanted to add the Ludicrous on it and all the bells and whistles as well.

Are the V2’s coming back in stock and if they are when do you think that would be? Or is the original Luna Banana the V2 but hasn’t been updated fully to show the pictures with full suspension? I’m just a little confused since the V2 is under pending.

I REALLY want to purchase this bike so I’d appreciate an update.

Thank you!

Comment

Pending means something is unavailable with typically no certain ETA. Only normal banana is in stock, full suspension v2 is not.

We do not have a timeline to get more. Maybe by end of year we will have some. Production and delivery from singapore is really spotty when it comes to these frames.

Comment

Working...
                        X