Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X1 Upgrade brakes anyone? want 203 rotors!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X1 Upgrade brakes anyone? want 203 rotors!!

I would like to upgrade both brakes (front and rear) from 180 to 203. Does anyone know which spacer do i need for the caliper to make the conversion? I did it on my 2 previous bikes (giant and Haibike) and the result were amazing.

Anyone have an idea?

Comment

Sorry. Nothin here - I don't really see the extra 1.5mm radius going from 200 to 203 up front as worth the time or effort, and my back tire already locks up and skids easily with the 180 on the rear, so I don't see a need to add to it.

If you want to, then go for it. Probably a couple of 1.5mm washers as spacers up front...if extra clearance is needed at all. 180 > 203 bracket for shimano brake on the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by K442 View Post
        Sorry. Nothin here - I don't really see the extra 1.5mm radius going from 200 to 203 up front as worth the time or effort, and my back tire already locks up and skids easily with the 180 on the rear, so I don't see a need to add to it.

If you want to, then go for it. Probably a couple of 1.5mm washers as spacers up front...if extra clearance is needed at all. 180 > 203 bracket for shimano brake on the rear.
        in the front I went from 180 to a 255mm rotor, used a few adapter brackets and washers to shim it out enough. the stopping power is truly frightening!

Comment

Rear, from 180mm to 203mm

Before

Click image for larger version  Name:	brake1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.7 KB ID:	123717

After

Click image for larger version  Name:	brake2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	123718

The results were amazing (one finger brake). I only did the rear cause that's the one that was smoking on some of the downhill trails we do, to the point that we lost all rear brake. HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

Link for the spacer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by falco; 03-11-2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I upgraded 220/203 Shinano XT 4 Piston- game changer

Comment

Working...
            X