Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X2 and Z1 - who’s in?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by peelaf View Post
    How fast get the z1 go with a larger chain ring? I want to be able to use it to commute as well as ride trails...
    It’s an Ultra…expect mid to high 30s as a general rule. Riding by throttle or high assist levels can drain batteries pretty quickly, but you should be able to get to 30-ish even at lower assist levels…

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by rtp View Post

      It’s an Ultra…expect mid to high 30s as a general rule. Riding by throttle or high assist levels can drain batteries pretty quickly, but you should be able to get to 30-ish even at lower assist levels…
      I figured that what it would be but im hearing over and over again that atleast stock it goes 25mph top speed which is plenty for the trails but not so much fun compared to my sur ron on private property. I saw on youtube the biktrix juggernaut ultra cruising 30 plus and I am having second thoughts on my z1 purchase

      Comment


      • paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Most 48v nominal ebikes will top out somewhere between 28-31mph unless there is a speed limit set, or it has small wheels, or the chainring is optimized for torque over top speed (in the case of mid drives). Unlike stock X1 or X2 the Ultra does not have a firmware-set top speed limit it will cut out at, so if you happen to be going downhill you can also use that throttle and go quite a bit faster (v2 ludicrous also does not have a top speed limit; stock cuts at 28 in line with current class 3 pedelec laws)

      • Huntelk1
        Huntelk1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've got a Juggernaut ultra 1000. Bike is way over rated at best. Only pros for bike are the motor and the NX drive train. Otherwise.....everything else is JUNK! It is not a EMTB! It's an OK commuter at best. Their new carbon bike is in the same boat!
        $6000 for mostly bottom of the barrel components.
        The Luna Z1 is completely different animal at a way better price.

      #33
      Originally posted by peelaf View Post

      I figured that what it would be but im hearing over and over again that atleast stock it goes 25mph top speed which is plenty for the trails but not so much fun compared to my sur ron on private property. I saw on youtube the biktrix juggernaut ultra cruising 30 plus and I am having second thoughts on my z1 purchase
      Don’t IMO… same motor, and Z1 lighter than the juggernaut by 15+ lbs. It’s just chainring size… plus IIRC no-brand forks on the biktrix and tetra brakes. Biktrix Jug has a 40T chainring, looks like Z1 has a 38 or 40T. Where’s the claim of 25MPH coming from? Put a 40-42T on it and you’re fine IMO.
      Last edited by rtp; 11-29-2021, 08:56 PM.

      Comment


        #34
        Originally posted by rtp View Post

        Don’t IMO… same motor, and Z1 lighter than the juggernaut by 10+ lbs. It’s just chainring size… plus IIRC no-brand forks on the biktrix etc.
        thanks for the input. I think I will just keep the z1 and then get a bigger chain ring. Dont need crazy speeds but 30mph would be nice for the roads

        Comment


        • rtp
          rtp commented
          Editing a comment
          At least the ultra used bcd chainrings = inexpensive. Did a visual count and the z1 may have a 34T on it in the pic, but there should be enough clearance to get to at least 40T, so again - I’d keep it and just upsize the ring (may need a chain as well). I dig the new Biktrix Monte frame and the bikes are closer in weights but I’d take the Z1 over it as well, more when considering price plus Z1 w/UART vs Monte CANBUS Ultra..

        #35
        Is there a video or product guide on the new ebikes? A detailed comparison between X1 and X2. I did not see any product launch just the new ebikes showing up after Thanksgiving.

        Comment


        • rtp
          rtp commented
          Editing a comment
          Not yet. Marcos said they’re working on the Ludi v2 KB for the X2. It seems most of the X2 is same as X1 on general components other than LudiV2 option, frame updates, 17AH battery and IMO a near-perfect color scheme. Z1 has mostly same components.. would expect Luna will create a some point, or we can ‘roll our own’ worst case (would be nice to have frame geo, measurements, parts and sizes list in one place at the least).

          Z1 programming is effectively same as any Ultra/M620.

        #36
        Hey heads up, the M600 Ludi V2 controller thread is live here:
        https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-documentation

        Keep V2-related questions coming over there, they help us improving the public knowledge base and improving your user experience and the product itself.

        Cheers

        Comment


        • rtp
          rtp commented
          Editing a comment
          Added link in first post to ludi v2 ..

        #37
        To those interested you can order an x2 right now for a mid December ship date buy while you can

        Comment


          #38
          and - lol - I got processing/shipped notification on the 29th, it just got lost in the flurry of black friday and xmas shopping emails. ETA claimed Wed the 8th......

          Comment


            #39
            Originally posted by rtp View Post
            and - lol - I got processing/shipped notification on the 29th, it just got lost in the flurry of black friday and xmas shopping emails. ETA claimed Wed the 8th......

            Got my shipping notice as well...FedEx initially showed a Friday the 3rd delivery (tomorrow), but has now been updated to Monday the 6th delivery...feeling a bit deflated now :(

            lol

            Comment


              #40
              Originally posted by Nebakanezzar View Post


              Got my shipping notice as well...FedEx initially showed a Friday the 3rd delivery (tomorrow), but has now been updated to Monday the 6th delivery...feeling a bit deflated now :(

              lol
              Indeed - 'can go ride this weekend' to WTF within a short span of time... At least I can hope they'll manage to do it the same week..

              Comment


                #41
                Received my X2 yesterday, put it together last night and took it for its maiden voyage this morning. I only had time for about a 15 min ride through the neighborhood but so far its AWESOME!

                The X2 is checking all the boxes the Apollo didnt; its lighter, more nimble, the motor is WAY smoother and WAY quieter! definitely does not have as much power as the Apollo , but that's a plus for me.

                only negative so far is that the Apollo had motor cut out when shifting, and was fully assembled and better tuned when i received it...the X2 is gonna need some setting up for sure!

                Overall i foresee lots of fun on this thing!!

                Comment


                  #42
                  How’s the overall build quality seem? Any particular items that needed tightening?

                  Comment


                    #43
                    Also, you mentioned in your Apollo thread that you were a bigger lad, how’s the large X2 frame and suspension feel for your height and weight so far?

                    Comment


                      #44
                      Originally posted by Nebakanezzar View Post
                      Received my X2 yesterday, put it together last night and took it for its maiden voyage this morning. I only had time for about a 15 min ride through the neighborhood but so far its AWESOME!

                      The X2 is checking all the boxes the Apollo didnt; its lighter, more nimble, the motor is WAY smoother and WAY quieter! definitely does not have as much power as the Apollo , but that's a plus for me.

                      only negative so far is that the Apollo had motor cut out when shifting, and was fully assembled and better tuned when i received it...the X2 is gonna need some setting up for sure!

                      Overall i foresee lots of fun on this thing!!
                      That's great and congrats!
                      The M600 does have a plug for brake/gear sensor but it's 'not easy' getting the right cable, and we need to confirm the sensor signals are routed to the v2 controller (you got the Ludi v2 or no?) - it's on my hit list, although I think preference would be to do a single brake lever sensor vs gear sensor and tap the brake as a 'clutch'/motor cut. Future project - mine shows up tomorrow...

                      Comment


                        #45
                        Originally posted by Steelsnow View Post
                        How’s the overall build quality seem? Any particular items that needed tightening?
                        I haven't gone over everything yet, but what i have touched has been tight.



                        Originally posted by Steelsnow View Post
                        Also, you mentioned in your Apollo thread that you were a bigger lad, how’s the large X2 frame and suspension feel for your height and weight so far?
                        the large X2 is definitely too small (but i have a plan for that), but the suspension is definitely better on the X2 tho.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X