Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post

That's great and congrats!
    The M600 does have a plug for brake/gear sensor but it's 'not easy' getting the right cable, and we need to confirm the sensor signals are routed to the v2 controller (you got the Ludi v2 or no?) - it's on my hit list, although I think preference would be to do a single brake lever sensor vs gear sensor and tap the brake as a 'clutch'/motor cut. Future project - mine shows up tomorrow...
    yup, got the V2. would love to hear if you can get it going, the gear sensor on the Apollo was definitely a nice to have!

on the V2 topic...anyone have any info on the phone app?

Comment

Only info I’ve seen on the app has been here:
      https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-documentation

Edit: I should add that the guide was updated sometime recently.
      Last edited by Steelsnow; 12-07-2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Too LudiV2 or not to LudiV2...

I have an X2 on order and would like opinions on adding the LudiV2 upgrade. Use case: I'll be trucking the bike to fire roads starts, zoom up hill then hit medium difficulty trails on the way down. Luna sales rep also mentioned the LudiV2 can be added on later, although I'm not clear on how that would be done?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tject View Post

I have an X2 on order and would like opinions on adding the LudiV2 upgrade. Use case: I'll be trucking the bike to fire roads starts, zoom up hill then hit medium difficulty trails on the way down. Luna sales rep also mentioned the LudiV2 can be added on later, although I'm not clear on how that would be done?

Thanks!
          Id say get Ludi, i think the ability to get into the motor/PAS settings and tweak them from a phone app is a killer feature! only other bike that can do this, that im aware of, is the Specialized Levo with their mission control app...but the similar spec'd carbon Levo is 2X the cost of the X2.

Comment

Thanks!
            Nice thing about v2 is that it’s programmable vs. v1, so if you want use it to ride street legal like a non-ludi for now or just to control the PAS assist levels to your own preferences, you should be able to.

Per Marcos in post 4.1 in the thread linked below, v2 may be user installable later on if they can figure out how to package it so users can safely install it… when that might be (and when it will be available) is anyone’s guess. On the other hand, adding ludi v2 may increase the time before you get your bike, as they would have to install it in the queue.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-documentation
            Last edited by Steelsnow; 12-07-2021, 04:00 PM.

Comment

If you don't get ludi you are selling yourself short, that thing is awesome. Even if you don't ever want to use more power than stock it is still a killer addon.
              • If you put a stock X2 and a ludi X2 side by side with same power programming on both, say 30A peak each, the X2 is going to be 10% more efficient, meaning 10% more range without even needing a bigger battery.
              • If you ever have some issue you can generate detailed metrics of usage even right down to maps of where you were when the issue arose, elevation change and power usage at a given point in time. This greatly enhances the ability of Luna to provide support.
              • The torque sensing is way improved over stock.
              • V2 m600 ludi is in super high demand because it is exclusively available to folks that buy a Luna bike. I had to turn down a guy just an hour ago that wanted it for his own build and probably would have paid any price. Honestly even if you did not want this controller you could probably resell it to the right people for a grip of cash (though to be fair you would need a working besst to sync a stock controller to the motor if you swapped out)

Comment

Originally posted by Nebakanezzar View Post

yup, got the V2. would love to hear if you can get it going, the gear sensor on the Apollo was definitely a nice to have!

on the V2 topic...anyone have any info on the phone app?
                Working on it - see the link to the v2 docs (in first post in this thread to KB entry and manual), there's a download link. I bought a cheap Android phone but suspect it may need more than the 2GB of RAM. Now have an alternate phone en route....
                Last edited by rtp; 12-07-2021, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks!
                  The LudiV2 is a very different beast than Ludiv1 - a version has been in use since at least March as the LudiV2 controller for the BBHSD. This is the only reasonably-sane way to get programmability and adjustment of settings on the M600 motor, Marcos on the forum is the primary or one of the primary developers, has an impressive background and has been working with VESC since ~2015, has produced other controllers, and the VESC software (and hardware) also has a strong pedigree.

I may be biased coming from a background of tuning cars and working in software, but the Ludi v2 really IMO should be worth it.

Comment

Mine just showed up - no advance call but got it inside. Well-packed, going to put it together in between work meetings...

Comment

Put the bike together and checked torque, aired suspension up, put a hope red front rotor on (note - this is tight for floating rotor, may need to file the caliper mount slightly), put pedals on, lubed, checked derailleur, and went for a quick ride (maybe 1 to 1.5 miles) on level 2. Something scuffed the frame a bit in transit, but will see if it cleans up (had to go back into work meetings).
                      Derailleur was adjusted well, and the ride was very nice. More later...

Comment

Awesome! looks like Santa came early, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Nebakanezzar View Post
                          Awesome! looks like Santa came early, lol!
                          Indeed. :) The past year has been kind of chaotic for us between the pandemic, job change, some overseas travel, etc. and my wife's been stressing a bit over 'what should I get you for X-mas', so - you know, 'we're good, thanks' and as she wasn't home, figured it was the right place to put it.... ;)

Comment

It looks good RTP! Jelly......If that is your seat height it looks like the frame size is spot on? Oh, and tell Ms. Claus you need a leaf blower or better yet buy her one. :)

Comment

Originally posted by JRA View Post
                              It looks good RTP! Jelly......If that is your seat height it looks like the frame size is spot on? Oh, and tell Ms. Claus you need a leaf blower or better yet buy her one. :)
                              1. Have a pretty great Makita cordless blower, but chose to go ride last weekend over blowing off the deck. Go figure :)
                              2. Seat height is close, need to adjust it a bit tomorrow but might need to come up 1-2 inches, which should still be well within min insertion..may need to do some minor adjustments, e.g. rotate bars but overall and on initial quick ride, I think the medium frame will be a good fit - 6’, 32” inseam but longer arms.

More tomorrow, especially if can get a spare 30-45 mins break to go for a ride.. ;)

Comment

I was just reading the last post and wondering what is the best size for me. Im 5’9” 30 inseam. I was thinking med but may be better to get the small. Any suggestions??? U guys have def talked me into the Ludi model.
                                thanks all
                                Last edited by Met090; 12-08-2021, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X