X2 and Z1 - who’s in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Met090 View Post
    I was just reading the last post and wondering what is the best size for me. Im 5’9” 30 inseam. I was thinking med but may be better to get the small. Any suggestions??? U guys have def talked me into the Ludi model.
    thanks all
    I am 5'10" 30 inch inseam and the medium (X1) is perfect. If you have not figured out your RAD measurements check out youtube there are great videos covering it. My RAD is 177.8cm x 2.5 = 444.5 (reach). Size Medium

Comment

WooHoo! My Z1 is here too. Gotta give it a good once-over before I take it out, so I'll post an update about ride, etc later. What I'm looking for are instructions on exposing the gear sensor lead from the M620. I don't see an obvious way to get into the housing but I'm hoping there's a secret method that will prevent me from having to drop the whole motor off the frame first. :) Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by ah0lman View Post
        WooHoo! My Z1 is here too. Gotta give it a good once-over before I take it out, so I'll post an update about ride, etc later. What I'm looking for are instructions on exposing the gear sensor lead from the M620. I don't see an obvious way to get into the housing but I'm hoping there's a secret method that will prevent me from having to drop the whole motor off the frame first. :) Thoughts?
        See if you can find an ultra wiring diagram - I think they're out there, may have one buried or Luna may be able to help. I think JRA is looking into the same thing, and he started a general Z1 thread here: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...tra-zed-thread

At least for the X2, the cable itself is missing so I'm working on locating a cable to do gear sensor or single brake cutoff sensor... not sure how many Ultra cable variants there are - possible it's a different plug on the motoro/controller and you're missing the cable entirely, or it may have an unpopulated connector...start by finding the wiring diagram showing plugs and the inputs/sensors plugged in, e.g. throttle, display, etc.

Comment

Thanks. It was one of the purchasing decisions behind the Z1 (m620) over the X2 (m600), because the motor is supposed to have the gear (or break) sensor connector already on it. The wiring harness was posted by paxtana on another thread: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-documentation

So here's the gearsensor docs: https://www.electricbike.com/manuals...or-manual.html

Now my hope is for someone to either post instructions on dropping the motor, or coming upon them somewhere else in the forums.

Thanks for the link to the Z1. I'll start posting my findings in there.

Comment

Would any of you Z1 owners who got a large frame mind measuring the reach, their website shows the TT but not the reach.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Nebakanezzar View Post
              Would any of you Z1 owners who got a large frame mind measuring the reach, their website shows the TT but not the reach.

Thanks!
              It won't really matter if you haven't ordered a Z1 anyway as they are all gone I noticed today when looking for a friend. Also the 2nd batch of DNM X2's so I would say it is going to be a happy holidays for the LUNA crew after they get all that product out the door! Guess there was a pent up demand for such a thing eh?

Comment

Would still be helpful info if someone could measure... thinking I might want a Z1, or maybe a Hydra Fat bike, for a touring/commuting bike in the future.

The Z1 is built on the Dengfu E22 frame, same as the Wattwagons Hydra. I found the Geo for the E22 online, but the dimensions dont match up between the E22 geo I found, and the few published measurements for the Hydra and Z1... so hoping for some real world field measurements.

Comment

Originally posted by Nebakanezzar View Post
                  Would still be helpful info if someone could measure... thinking I might want a Z1, or maybe a Hydra Fat bike, for a touring/commuting bike in the future.

The Z1 is built on the Dengfu E22 frame, same as the Wattwagons Hydra. I found the Geo for the E22 online, but the dimensions dont match up between the E22 geo I found, and the few published measurements for the Hydra and Z1... so hoping for some real world field measurements.
                  A riding buddy is waiting on a large Z1 and I'm going to help him get it together so I'll take that measurement for you. Might take a few as he lives 100 miles away and we haven't made a date to get together or where yet....Wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 12 months for the Z1's to restock however given the state of the bicycle supply chain into the foreseeable future.

It seems like as much as some would like to say differently from my view the WW Hydra frame is different from the Z1 in some aspects. Hard to tell though without them being side by side. I find online measurements can be off even though CAD generated for the most part?

Comment

Here is the geo i was able to dig up for the E22/23...E23 is the fat bike variant.

I'm thinking bout doing a fat bike DIY project. There are a bunch of DIY build threads based on the E10 frame (same frame as the X2) from folks in the EU/UK. Can't buy the E10 or E23 frame in the US, but I have a buddy in the EU I could use as a proxy.

The large X2 is too small so as Luna isn't offering the X2 in a XL size I'm currently working on getting a XL E10 shipped to me through my buddy, and just transferring all the bits from the X2 to the XL E10
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X