Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luna Eclipse Folding Ebike

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Really a speed and pedaling test. Seems like pedaling isn't needed or useful on mode 4-5 PAS.
     

    Comment


    • Neverlost99
      Neverlost99 commented
      Editing a comment
      When does the estimated range come on

    • Neverlost99
      Neverlost99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed in 4 and five it’s a pedal and coast, pedal and coast but like Adam you can’t keep it going

    #32
    hey pax, another question for you. i’m one of those who plan to transport the bike a lot, via trunk of my car. for it to fit i have to remove the handle bars all the time. i saw you posted in the questions section about the flatbike.com folding bar kit, which size is compatible with the eclipse, the 1” or the 1.25”? and will i need an adapter for the stem? thanks

    Comment


    • AZguy
      AZguy commented
      Editing a comment
      FWIW another option for traveling compact is to simply remove the front wheel - I can't speak for this bike but when I travel with mine it takes all of five seconds to pop the wheel off... with the wheel off the handlebars and fork turn sideways for next to no space. I have a brake pad shim I'll usually stuff in the brake pads to prevent inadvertently extending the calipers.

      I'll pop the pedals off if really looking for a good fit in my van - also only take a few seconds with the proper wrench... they do make pop off pedals but they are expensive, not really the kind of pedals I want and I don't really think the few seconds it takes just unscrew them is worth it...

    • paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think you would need an adapter. Would recommend to measure the bars you got to confirm if you need small or big, guessing small. If you need us to measure we can do that but it may take several days to hear back so it would probably be faster to just measure it

    #33
    How does the belt tensioner work on this? I see there's a tensioner on one side but not on the other?? Is this common with belt drive bikes? I'm coming from a motorcycle background and there would be a tensioner on each side so you get the axle lined up correctly.

    Comment


      #34
      Mine was delivered on Friday, 5/20/22!!
      It's Awesome!
      I love it!!

      Comment


      • paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear that :)

      #35
      Received my delivery today. Assembled it pretty easily. The seat is very small, I added a small seat pad for the first test ride. The acceleration is very smooth mostly. I kept accidentally moving the throttle while stationary. First ride was good the suspension is pretty nice , seat needs to be changed.

      I could not get the bike to go faster than 22 mph. Is there some setting I'm missing to change the top speed?

      Edit: I change the settings of the wheel size to 16 and charged the bike fully and even though the speed readout was displaying 12mph ,I knew I was going much, much faster than before. I was keeping up with cars and absolutely flying. Wow! I'm impressed solid motor once you do a Little tweaking.

      Any tips for squeaky brakes?
      Last edited by CameronOmnia; 05-23-2022, 08:32 PM.

      Comment


      • Neverlost99
        Neverlost99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I read slam the brakes a few times or clean with alcohol. I found at 15 mph it’s actually 14, so pretty accurate.

      #36
      Also saw a setting in the LCD that said "Clean" can you tell me what this is for is it just to reset the ODO?

      Comment


      • Neverlost99
        Neverlost99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it clears the most recent trip

      #37
      Originally posted by CameronOmnia View Post
      Received my delivery today. Assembled it pretty easily. The seat is very small, I added a small seat pad for the first test ride. The acceleration is very smooth mostly. I kept accidentally moving the throttle while stationary. First ride was good the suspension is pretty nice , seat needs to be changed.

      I could not get the bike to go faster than 22 mph. Is there some setting I'm missing to change the top speed?

      Edit: I change the settings of the wheel size to 16 and charged the bike fully and even though the speed readout was displaying 12mph ,I knew I was going much, much faster than before. I was keeping up with cars and absolutely flying. Wow! I'm impressed solid motor once you do a Little tweaking.

      Any tips for squeaky brakes?
      How did you get to that part of the menu to make that change?

      Comment


      • CameronOmnia
        CameronOmnia commented
        Editing a comment
        By holding menu button and power button when starting the bike.

      #38
      here’s a pic of mine with the cst knobbies and swapped out bars. the bars are off my ducati monster and are about a 60mm rise. they feel pretty good to me.

      Comment


      • paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great, do you have a link to those tires?

      • Neverlost99
        Neverlost99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Monster and baby monster. I like the slicks personality

      #39
      Originally posted by spoonf20c View Post
      here’s a pic of mine with the cst knobbies and swapped out bars. the bars are off my ducati monster and are about a 60mm rise. they feel pretty good to me.
      Looking good! I wish my crg bar end mirrors would work with these goofy grips! Here's mine with Vee Mission Control tires.

      Comment


      • Neverlost99
        Neverlost99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I want to add old,school climbing bars to reduce hand numbness but don’t think they will work on bar ends.

      • Neverlost99
        Neverlost99 commented
        Editing a comment
        On the FAT BOYS stock they say 4.25. Did the 4 “ mission control work the same?

      #40
      Originally posted by bwiesman574 View Post

      Looking good! I wish my crg bar end mirrors would work with these goofy grips! Here's mine with Vee Mission Control tires.
      looks good! off road it yet?

      Comment


        #41
        Originally posted by spoonf20c View Post

        looks good! off road it yet?
        Not really except up a steep grass hill. It looks like you have though, how does it do? Installing a front basket today so I can commute to work 12miles each way.

        Comment


        • Neverlost99
          Neverlost99 commented
          Editing a comment
          My basket install works perfectly. It’s a WALD
          Last edited by Neverlost99; 4 weeks ago.

        #42
        Originally posted by bwiesman574 View Post

        Not really except up a steep grass hill. It looks like you have though, how does it do? Installing a front basket today so I can commute to work 12miles each way.
        did pretty good off road, did a moderate trail. will definitely have to upgrade the suspension if i do anything crazier. yeah bike will be a good commuter, maybe add a suspension seat post if anything.

        Comment


        • Neverlost99
          Neverlost99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the rear suspension in the stock position and a seat with springs. It’s a little bouncy with hard PAS3 peddling. I wish we could program the pas a bit. Level one is useless. Two is a bit hard. Three is fine but to keep up you need a fast cadence. Four is good for climbing. I have not used 5. I would love to tweakm2 and 3

        #43
        Originally posted by bwiesman574 View Post

        How did you get to that part of the menu to make that change?
        Nvmd, i figured it out. Didn't change the speed at all for me.

        Comment


          #44
          pax, actually got my cst’s from lectrics site, super cheap 2 tires for 50 bucks shipped. the 20x4 fits just fine, i too was concerned because the stock slicks are 20x 4 1/4. they’re noisy on the streets but i’m ok with that because i intend to use it for dirt trails mostly.

          Comment


            #45
            also added the folding handlebar adapter that pax suggested, it works great. no more removing the handlebars to fit it in my trunk

            Comment

            Working...
            X