Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lectrik al
    commented on 's reply
    Great upgrade. They look great on our bikes and perform even better! The BDGR's are about 2" taller but still fit the frame, and the extra width causes no clearance problems- (belt, swingarm), but the 4.5" width with the lugs extending around the sidewalls is just enough to keep me from seeing the brake calipers clearly. Especially the inner pad. Not a biggie, and I would trade that for how neat they feel when you get up on the edges of the tires.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Should have spares within the month

• CameronOmnia
    replied
    Are there any suggestions for where to buy a battery. I would like to be able to swap batteries for better range.

Leave a comment:

• CameronOmnia
    replied
    I have no idea how the screw ended up with the tip sticking out. The bike shop I brought it to joked and said I deserve an award for how it got in there. Anyway, here's an update. Yes, that's a super 73 tire.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ncmired
    commented on 's reply
    Yep - tire patched and sealant in the tubes would be nice.

Now, are my old eyes lying or how did that tip side out screw puncture happen? A really long broken off screw without a head?
    Last edited by ncmired; 2 days ago.

• lectrik al
    commented on 's reply
    I was thinking of selling the original tires that have 20 mi since new on them. I just replaced with a set of $178.00 vee moto badgers, so I probably won't ever be going back. I guess private msg me if interested. shipping could make it a no go.

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    FWIW I'd try and patch it - what's to lose?

Both tire and tube should receive patches (or just replace the tube and patch the tire)... tire is patched from the inside

• CameronOmnia
    replied
    Suffered tire damage while riding in Chicago. This is my 3rd flat and second from a screw/ nail. Bike shop says I need new tires. Where can I order the same kind?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• spoonf20c
    commented on 's reply
    yeah i just stuck it on there with the stem being too short. i cranked the allen screws on there as tight as they could go. i only ride my eclipse off-road/downhill and have had zero issues with it loosing up or popping off. the only real issue you will have is installing the bmx bars on the stem. they are too skinny even with the included shim. i’m using mtb bars on mine.

• lectrik al
    commented on 's reply
    great, but how did you attach it? finally got my eclipse and when I went to put the thinstem on, the exposed (steering tube?) was not long enough to attach the thinstem, which is about 1/2" taller than the stock neco unit. I hope there is a tube extender of 1/2" available as I wouldn't feel right about leaving 1/3 of the clamping action missing.
    So, was yours similar, or are you just running it as is and it seems ok. I will search for an extension right after this, and post

• spoonf20c
    commented on 's reply
    very nice, i've been using the thin stem for a couple months now and i love it. i really wanted to get the removable pedals too but was trying to hold off on them restocking the mtb versions. please post up more pics when everthing is installed.

• lectrik al
    commented on 's reply
    ya kin tell i'm 70, can't ya.... almost got it right - like a hand grenade!

• lectrik al
    replied
    pic test
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• lectrik al
    replied
    THINNstem is THE solution for the Eclipse bars.

Still waiting for eclipse delivery, but learning much from everybody here, and ordering lots of parts to make my ride better.
    Bob from FlatBike hooked me up with the "flatten your bike" kit. Fn A!!! pricey, but damn it's hi quality and the Wellgo quick release pedals and stow bag- so sweet!

Anyway, I'm looking at the thinnstem, and decided to remove the keeper cap on the bottom of the stem. It's there to prevent the yoke from lifting up all the way out of the tube when the clamp is released. Normally the plastic RETAINER cap allows just enough lift to clear the centering notch/lock to allow rotation of the handlebar.

Lifting the yoke and handlebars up ALL the way out of the tube is exactly what I want! I aint turnin my 90 degrees.

I expect some of you who already have the thinnstem and an eclipse will try this before I get to, but it's what I'm gonna do as soon as I can. I 'll make a padded sack that fits the bars/cables and tuck em in when folding the bike. My plan is to take the eclipse for airplane rides south and west when winter gets too long here.

Structural considerations? what do you think?

The retainer cap I'm removing is plastic, the 5mm nut it attaches to inside the tube is held in the tube with a spyder friction type anchor. The shear strength of either of these is WAY less than the 2"clamp that holds the yoke in the stem in it's centering notch.

SO, I deem it's use cosmetic only, there to cover a hole and only keep you from lifting bars too high while rotating.
    After all who would ever want to lift their handlebars up and away from their bike in 3 seconds?

Folding Eclipse owners! just like I'm gonna be soon.

Got some good pics, but i'm having trouble posting them. This is a "from memory" copy of a post I lost last night trying to upload pics to it. almost cried! help please!

Leave a comment:

• obscureyetrevealing
    commented on 's reply
    It is pretty good, but it's too easy to accidentally twist it or bump it on. I do a form of casual bikejoring with my dog, so I don't want it to accidentally trigger. Plus, I barely use it.

I have a thumb throttle on my other bike and it always worked great.
    Last edited by obscureyetrevealing; 2 weeks ago.
Working...
X