Eclipse Axel/ belt tension adjusters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eclipse Axel/ belt tension adjusters

Ordered these from Ali-ex to install on my bike. You need two for proper wheel alignment/tension in the frame, and mine only came with one. I saw a previous post on this issue, but couldn't find it to make a reply.
    It takes a while to get stuff- slow boat from china- but if they fit I will post pics. Other colors available, and inexpensive even with shipping, it's just the waiting that sucks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fastener-Chain-Adjuster-Modification-Special-olding-Bike-Ultralight-Aluminum-BMX-Chain-Tensioner.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp
Views:	67
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	155619

Originally posted by lectrik al View Post
    Ordered these from Ali-ex to install on my bike. You need two for proper wheel alignment/tension in the frame, and mine only came with one. I saw a previous post on this issue, but couldn't find it to make a reply.
    It takes a while to get stuff- slow boat from china- but if they fit I will post pics. Other colors available, and inexpensive even with shipping, it's just the waiting that sucks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fastener-Chain-Adjuster-Modification-Special-olding-Bike-Ultralight-Aluminum-BMX-Chain-Tensioner.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp
Views:	67
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	155619
    Since these only adjust against the tension of the belt pulling forward, I will make a strong bungee to attach to left side of axle putting the same tension as the belt side , which should allow precise pull back adjustment from both sides of frame centering the wheel before lockdown.

Comment

• Retrorockit
      Retrorockit commented
      Editing a comment
      If you don't feel like waiting just search BMX chain tensioner. Lots of hits on Amazon and E bay.

• lectrik al
      lectrik al commented
      Editing a comment
      Duh -smack forehead- didn't think of that, an I have been ordering things thru amazon Prime and love the quick ship.
      So I just checked, and yup I could get exactly same tensioners in black in one day for $10.49 ea. or $21. a pair.
      China- $7.45 for 2 tensioners shipped, with delivery in about 3 weeks.

Since I'm installing my new MT5 brakes this morning (QM42 - 160 pm to 203 adaptor finally arrived in mail yesterday), I would gladly pay the extra bucks if I coulda ordered them on wednesday and been installing them while pulling the wheels off for the new 203mm rotors

Guess I kinda get good at things cause I seem to do everything at least TWICE

Roses are red - violets are blue - I'm schizophrenic - and so am I

• lectrik al
      lectrik al commented
      Editing a comment
      WRONG! Do not order for your Eclipse. They look good in pics, but in real life they are dinky, and don't fit the axle - bye bye $7.45

If I didn't do it twice it's cause I did it thrice!

The same ones on Amazon won't work either, but at least I coulda got the $ back
Working...
X