No announcement yet.

Luna Apocalypse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed last night that my rubber rear fender flap is missing. Not sure if it's possible that the debris acted as a sandblaster and chewed threw it until it detached. I noticed when my backpack was covered in road grime while riding in the wet. Feeling under the fender, I can tell there is a small patch of rubber on the underside, so it may be glued in, but the long flap itself is gone. Is this piece replaceable/available for purchase?

Without the flap, the fender doesn't protect my backpack from too much.

PS. loving this thing! I have yet to encounter a road steep enough to stop this scooter!
    I got a bike pump coming today, so I'll be able to regularly top up the air.

update: received the pump. it showed my tires were down to 30 from 45 in less than a week. Not sure how accurate the pump gauge is though, so I will keep an eye on it.
    Last edited by Lancer409; 03-22-2017, 01:35 PM. Reason: update on tire pressure.

Comment

hey Lancer409... where in SF you located, i just trip off your location... We need to set up a cool little cruise around sf with a bunch of scooters, so i could make some cool viddy...

Comment

Why does it have power level rider weight warning? https://lunacycle.com/luna-super-scooter/
        Is this because it would put too much stress on the motor in high power mode? What about the dual motor version?
        "
        • Please Note Maximum Rider Weight at Power Level 3 is 170lb.

Comment

• Touch415
          Touch415 commented
          Editing a comment
          the super scooter just won't be that fast or go up hills if your over 170lbs.. i reach about 23-25mph with no winds on the super scooter and i weight 185 lbs which its not bad comparing to other single motor scooter on the market.. the dual motor is all around beast with no performance lost..

Originally posted by jakethe5nake View Post
        Why does it have power level rider weight warning? https://lunacycle.com/luna-super-scooter/
        Is this because it would put too much stress on the motor in high power mode? What about the dual motor version?
        "
        • Please Note Maximum Rider Weight at Power Level 3 is 170lb.
        One thought would be that additional weight would increase motor and controller heat.

Comment

I ordered one today from Luna. Went back and forth between the super scooter or the apocalypse because I'm just planning on 20mph commutes. But we have big mountains in Utah and the dual motors seem beneficial for hill climbing. I'm hoping the battery cutout issue is solved but if not I'll install an on/off switch. Do you have a link to where Luna is selling the switch Touch415

I plan on riding on P2 most of the time, maybe P1, depending on how fast that is on the Apocalypse. I'm pretty tall (6'4") so the weight distribution will be higher. The main benefit to me over my non-electric bike is I can bring it inside my work with me and park it next to my desk. The bicycle is too big.

Comment

• Touch415
            Touch415 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good choice brotha your going to luv the power the apocalypse gives you on hills it's a straight beast even riding on p2 it's perfect speed which I ride most of the time .. V3 apocalypse is going to be sick with all the issues fix bigger phase wire, might want to get full leather because I think it's going to much faster ...lol...

• library
            library commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually own full kevlar motorcycle gear. I got rear-ended on the freeway at 60mph and walked away with nothing more than some bad whiplash. But I was mid 20's then and it was my daughters first day of kindergarten. I decided not to buy another motorcycle since I had rolled the dice once and gotten lucky.

I'll admit I'm an acceleration junky. Not really a speed junky but I love hanging on for dear life when you first hit the throttle on a motorcycle. Glad to hear the the Apocalypse will live up to all I've heard.

Notes on the new Apocalypse Scooter:

We do ship to canada and you should be able to order on the website now... we fixed the bug. Let me know if you find otherwise.

We will be stocking a full line of repair parts and upgrade parts for both these scooters soon.... we are adding a section to our website.

BMS Cut off issue has been fixed.

Phase wires to the rear wheel are upgraded.

Anyone who owns an earlier model of super scooter or apocalypse can easily upgrade there rear phase wires and its highly recommended.

See our video here for more information:

https://youtu.be/UPfnLYobOD0

Comment

This post deserves its own post.

To owners of apocalype and epsecially super scooters.... we recommend a 30 minute upgrade to your phase wires from the controller to the connection point in the rear hub....

this will fix the weakest link in the apocalype and super scooters.

Here is a video explaining:

https://youtu.be/UPfnLYobOD0

Comment

Oh man I don't think I can justify nearly 3k on this.

$250USD for shipping to Canada plus import fees (13%) $204.10USD = $2024.10USD = $2726.97CAD
            Last edited by jakethe5nake; 04-20-2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Lemark
              Lemark commented
              Editing a comment
              Here's hoping it's just an error, find it strange to see a 500 dollar shipping cost.

• Eric Luna
              Eric Luna commented
              Editing a comment
              can you guys arrange your own shipping through www.uship.com? But your right 500 is too high for canadian shippnig ....we are trying to fix now.

• Eric Luna
              Eric Luna commented
              Editing a comment
              We can ship 200 fixed cost to canada. Its because the box weights 70 pounds is the problem.

We have added a section to the website on super and apocalypse scooter replacement parts and upgrade parts.

Exciting upgrades coming soon are a kelly controller upgrade.

Right now we have upgraded tires and replacement tubes and brake pads...

Any suggestions for parts and accessories let me know. We will be updating this listing regularly.

We also have a full range of repair parts including replacement motors.

https://lunacycle.com/scooter-parts/

Comment

• library
              library commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for adding the parts to the website. I might have a set of the 3 inch tires thrown onto my order.

The Super and Apocalypse scooters both come with very strong brakes.

Your brakes should be strong enough to lock the tire even at high speeds (not that you want to do this)

As you ride your scooter the brakes will naturally wear and you should adjust them and change parts as they wear down.

4 things to adjust to make sure you are getting maximum braking from your hydraulic brake luna scooter or Apocalypse Scooter.

1. Adjustment screw on the handlebars (see video how to adjust)

2. Brake pad wear.... if your brake pads are worn its super easy to replace them. High performance brake pads can be found here.

3. Bleed your brakes ( video coming soon).

4. Change your tires to newer and fatter tires for even higher performance braking. (see tires here)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Luna View Post
              We have added a section to the website on super and apocalypse scooter replacement parts and upgrade parts.

Exciting upgrades coming soon are a kelly controller upgrade.

Right now we have upgraded tires and replacement tubes and brake pads...

Any suggestions for parts and accessories let me know. We will be updating this listing regularly.

We also have a full range of repair parts including replacement motors.

https://lunacycle.com/scooter-parts/

Any reason this "Kelly controller" upgrade is exciting? You have my curiousity piqued, since I'm looking to order an Apocalypse soon (waiting in my cart till I have the rest of the needed funds). And yes, given I still have money to save, would be nice to know just how much extra. Though I imagine I could always order the upgrade later, if it proves too expensive for now. Thanks.

Comment

• Eric Luna
                Eric Luna commented
                Editing a comment
                actually i would not recommend the kelly controller for the apocalypse...only for the super scooter.

Its a time consuming upgrade and on the apocalypse it would just make it too fast.... i think the apocalypse is the perfect speed now.

We are testing kelly controllers on the super scooter right now.

• jakethe5nake
                jakethe5nake commented
                Editing a comment
                Does that mean it would address the 170lb weight restriction for high power mode? Or would that include a hub motor upgrade also?

• Eric Luna
                Eric Luna commented
                Editing a comment
                actually upgrading the phase wires would address the 170lb limit on the super scooter...

Kelly have a whole bunch of different controllers They are are reputable and high quality brand- I have a larger 4kw/7kw one for another ebike project I'm working on which is quite huge physically. . If I had to guess at which smaller one considering the size of where it has to fit
              http://kellycontroller.com/kbs48051x...ler-p-503.html

25a since is continuous amp (all day) rating- it does 10 sec peak 60a (around 3000w which is exaclty what the output of the apocalypse scooter is doing) for torque and takeoff

Also there would be 2 of them (one for each motor)

Comment

Thanks for the info, Eric and Jake... still waiting on an email response, but I've made the decision to pick up my scoot in person, in El Segundo, despite the long trip. My 55th birthday is this May 17th, on a Wednesday. Just put in for that whole week off at work, just need to know if I can "reserve" my Apocalypse now, for pick-up on the 17th. Don't know just how the "Proceed To Checkout" works in this situation, so I don't want to begin until I know this is fine. And whether or not I need a deposit, and how much. In poking about, I seem to remember mention of $100... also in my last email from Seb, info that, to pick up in person required cash... no checks, credit or debit. Just not sure how this works.

Oh, would also be interested in that tire upgrade! So when I come to pick up my scoot, they're already fitted, everything's set and calibrated and fully charged, ready to go. So when I get home, I can use my two remaining days off to enjoy my purchase. Weather might be nice enough, I can ride my scoot to work Saturday. Already planning on getting a helmet and gloves next week, so I'll be all set. Thanks.

And yes, it's fast enough, so I don't think I'll need that "Kelly" upgrade. Hopefully there will be other upgrades available in future.
                Last edited by Roose Hurro; 04-23-2017, 01:43 AM.

Comment

My Apocalypse arrived today and my only regret is it just went on sale and I could have saved a little. I'm sure I'll get used to it but the torque is insane. I didn't even try level 3, I'm happy with level 2.

I do have a question. For the Eco/Turbo button I don't notice any difference. I tested in level 2 and the acceleration seems exactly the same to me, top speed is also the same. Is there a better description of what the modes do? I would think eco mode would be acceleration like level 1 mode but top speed would be whatever level you're in.

I figured it out. The eco button does make a difference but it's opposite from the single/dual button. On the single/dual button pushed in is dual. On the eco/turbo button it's the opposite. Pushed in is eco mode. If you do a V4 just have them change the text so it says Turbo/Eco and then it will be consistent. Eco mode does seem to drop the scooter into Level 1 mode.

Also discovered the front brake was dragging. It is a little canted from the disc brake rotor. I shimmed the caliper and it's all good now. The brake pad changing video was helpful for working on the brakes.
                  Last edited by library; 04-27-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X