No announcement yet.

Luna Apocalypse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've traveled the world and whitewater kayaked off 40' waterfalls, run hard class 5 rapids backwards on purpose and jump 40 feet in the air regularly when kiteboarding. I can say with some certainty that it takes a lot to really scare me. After 30 minutes on the Lunacycle custom 96v AWD dual Adaptto controller…

Comment

Apocolypse V2 - New Owner - Need control computer programming defaults

Just received an Apocalypse V2. I read what I thought was the manual, but it has outdated information for programming the computer, but only says "don't change" the values on the new computer. I went in and messed with the values, thinking I could change display from KPH to MPH, etc. Went back and realized I can't Now, I don't know how to set them back to their defaults, since they don't seem to be listed anywhere. Afraid to use the machine until I set them back :-\. Don't want to screw it up. Could somebody give me the correct default settings for P0, P1, P2, P3? (You get to them by holding the up+down arrows, then pressing the Power button to switch between P0-P4.

Thank you.

Comment

• nadidlab
        nadidlab commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine says P0 60, P1 12, P2 15

• stWagstaff
        stWagstaff commented
        Editing a comment
        Nadidlab: thank you!

Battery charging and other gripes - Luna Apocolypse V2

Being a new owner of this $2,000 machine, I am alternately impressed by the mechanical design , and stunned by the mediocre (undocumented) functionality of the cheap Chinese electronics and bare-bones charging.

I have found two conflicting instructions, both apparently posted by Luna, about charging the scooter:

One says "charge to 100 percent to avoid premature power cutoff," one says "charge to 80 percent to dramatically extend battery life"

Which charging level, according to Luna, is best? If we're not supposed to charge indoors or unsupervised or overnight, and we know the voltage meter is notoriously unreliable, how are we supposed to know when we're at 80% or 100% charge?

Potentially a great machine - the acceleration is terrifying, as promised - but my first impression is that Luna needs to go the last mile in terms of supporting this as a great user experience.

Comment

• Roose Hurro
        Roose Hurro commented
        Editing a comment
        Doesn't your charger have a switch that allows you to set the percent of charge? I bought the upgraded charger with my V1 Apocalypse, and it has that switch. Check your charger! I'm also very interested to hear your experiences with this newer version, to see how it compares to my "first-generation" Apocalypse. Thanks.

Oh, and one reason for the 100% recommendation: Only when you charge to 100% does your "smart" charger balance the battery's cells. But charging to 80% does increase battery life. Up to you to choose which, or to just "mix and match".
        -------
        Last edited by Roose Hurro; 01-12-2018, 02:33 AM.

This thread is out of date, for latest manual you want this page as the scooter has been much simplified with latest revision.

Both pieces of info about charging are true, regularly charging to 80% puts less wear on a battery and 100% charging gives more range.

Roose is correct in that you want to charge to 100% every once in a while regardless as it does balancing. However latest Apocalypse version does not come with Advanced chargers, Advanced is not compatible with this version. We boosted the voltage on the latest version to make it even faster than the previous versions and no 60v Advanced charger exists. We do have a 60v Luna charger but it does not have variable charge percentage. So the Apocalypse is sent with a factory-supplied 60v charger instead.

In theory you could wire in a Batt-Man to the discharge wiring for accurate voltage, programmable gauge and so on. It would involve removing a few bolts on the case, drilling a hole for running the wiring and sealing it with silicone.

Comment

• Roose Hurro
        Roose Hurro commented
        Editing a comment
        Any reason why? Doesn't do any good for those of us in the United States. Been thinking of a V2 to go with my V1... already was bummed at the removal of regen. Now they've removed this? Part of the usefulness and appeal has to do with the flexibility to set things to preference. Love all the upgrades to the V2, though the BMX bars would make things more awkward/clumsy to get through doorways and into my car's trunk. But this is a sure-fire downgrade. I don't even know if it would be possible to replace the instrumentation... let alone what that would cost in parts and labor, just to make things right.

Comes down to... I may have to be satisfied with my one Apocalypse.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Any time we request changes there is the possibility it may introduce other changes at the same time. This display was selected for the simplified operation and factory probably took no notice of the fact it only uses KPH because that's what the vast majority of the world uses.

Personally I would just add a smartphone mount on the handlebars and use a free speedometer app.

• Roose Hurro
        Roose Hurro commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't do the smartphone thing. When it comes to transportation, this would be like me having to buy/pay for a smartphone because my car came without instrumentation. I shouldn't have to buy/use a separate device to gain the info I need/want. Need/want a dedicated instrument that records MPH/miles, so I have both a usable speedo AND a usable odometer. Built into the machine. Wired, not wireless. Call me Old-School.

I agree with the handle bar issue, can you recommend a folding set. The appeal of the machine is portable and power in one.

Comment

I ordered a Apocolypse V2 last week and understand the latest batch they received has a small issue the guys at Luna are correcting before shipment. I read this on a chat group list, but would like to hear from Luna. I really like the Sur-Ron and am looking forward to the scooter. I currently have a 15 year old Go-Ped EX that is fun, but is certainly no where near the performance of the Apocolypse V2.
        Chris

Comment

I don't know what you are referring to. Probably best not to go off of forum rumors for information. You would not believe the amount of misinformation about the Surron we had to correct from people reading stuff like endless sphere.

Our current stock is not even a new shipment, we have had it over a month. All scoots ordered have stuff done to them before shipment but that is standard testing, branding etc.

Comment

• B LINE
            B LINE commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, Paxtana maybe you can help, my V2 that i have only ridden 3 times since March 2018, doesn't turn on anymore, LCD dark/blank but all lights work on the scooter, funny thing is the brakelight is working, usually would work only when I was able to turn scooter on with remote. Could this be a bad display ?

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope not but it's probably going to require emailing us so we can do some in-depth troubleshooting unfortunately.

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
          I don't know what you are referring to. Probably best not to go off of forum rumors for information. You would not believe the amount of misinformation about the Surron we had to correct from people reading stuff like endless sphere.

Our current stock is not even a new shipment, we have had it over a month. All scoots ordered have stuff done to them before shipment but that is standard testing, branding etc.
          Appreciate you clarifying.

Comment

Does anybody know what the usb port on the v2 display is for, I want to plug my phone in to see if it's a charger but I'm nervous

Comment

Comment

On the V2 60v has anyone remove that ugly key fob setup, seems like my LCD went shit now, and I think Luna doesn’t carry spare parts for the V2 no more,...any help

Comment

So after quite a few miles, a rebuild battery (thanks luna) , replacing two snapped front shocks ( found double shocks & made it work) both front and back breaks are out of fluid or need replacing and i've cracked my front hub motor (no breaks had to stop). Anyone got a lead on the motor and /or breaks to keep it on the go?

Comment

I bought my scooter lightly used from the original owner and have loved it every since! I did crack the rear rim which forced me to replace the entire rear motor assembly (Luna was awesome and sold me one from a parted out scooter). This has been my main spice of transportation so when it randomly died on my way home one day, I immediately tried to troubleshoot the problem and have gotten no where. I think the display quit on me. If not that, then the controller. Anyone know where I can find a replacement display and or controller? I really need to get this back up and running! Does anybody know what controller Luna uses for the V2? Luna no longer stocks or replaces parts for these scooters and it seems like they're doing what they can to wash their hands of it. They told me that I don't know of any aftermarket parts so if anybody can be of any help I would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks!

Andrew
                    Apocalypse V2

Comment

Working...
                    X