X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Luna
    started a topic Luna Apocalypse

Luna Apocalypse

This thread is out of date, for latest manual you want this page as the scooter has been much simplified with latest revision.
    This is the information thread on the new product the Luna Apocalypse.

This scooter is sold as a racing vehicle only and if you do ride it on the road its not intended for that use. If you ride in level 1 you are in under 750 watts and the scooter is very docile.

There have been two versions so far.... we will cal lthem v1 and v2... .listed are key differences. V1 has gold wheels and v2 has black wheels.

If you have questoin about your apocalypse scooter in this thread please state if its v1 or v2

V1
    • shorter deck (by 5cm)
    • regen braking option (we ship them with regen turned off
    • Gold colored wheels and gold highlights

V1.2
    • Steering Stem raises higher for taller riders (means more slack in the wiring)
    • Black color wheels and more random parts are black instead of colored
    • Extra 2 buttons on dash for single or double motor and Turbo.
    • No regen option in the dashboard.

v2

Bms cut off issue fixed
    Upgraded phase wires to rear wheel.
    black and gold rims

v2 (currently available)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	apocalypse.jpg Views:	2 Size:	346.8 KB ID:	27538

• USMC0351
    replied
    I bought my scooter lightly used from the original owner and have loved it every since! I did crack the rear rim which forced me to replace the entire rear motor assembly (Luna was awesome and sold me one from a parted out scooter). This has been my main spice of transportation so when it randomly died on my way home one day, I immediately tried to troubleshoot the problem and have gotten no where. I think the display quit on me. If not that, then the controller. Anyone know where I can find a replacement display and or controller? I really need to get this back up and running! Does anybody know what controller Luna uses for the V2? Luna no longer stocks or replaces parts for these scooters and it seems like they're doing what they can to wash their hands of it. They told me that I don't know of any aftermarket parts so if anybody can be of any help I would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks!

Andrew
    Apocalypse V2

Leave a comment:

• Lemark
    replied
    So after quite a few miles, a rebuild battery (thanks luna) , replacing two snapped front shocks ( found double shocks & made it work) both front and back breaks are out of fluid or need replacing and i've cracked my front hub motor (no breaks had to stop). Anyone got a lead on the motor and /or breaks to keep it on the go?

Leave a comment:

• Touch415
    replied
    On the V2 60v has anyone remove that ugly key fob setup, seems like my LCD went shit now, and I think Luna doesn’t carry spare parts for the V2 no more,...any help

Leave a comment:

• Halfloaf
    replied
    Hidden in plain site

Leave a comment:

• Halfloaf
    replied
    Does anybody know what the usb port on the v2 display is for, I want to plug my phone in to see if it's a charger but I'm nervous

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    I hope not but it's probably going to require emailing us so we can do some in-depth troubleshooting unfortunately.

• B LINE
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, Paxtana maybe you can help, my V2 that i have only ridden 3 times since March 2018, doesn't turn on anymore, LCD dark/blank but all lights work on the scooter, funny thing is the brakelight is working, usually would work only when I was able to turn scooter on with remote. Could this be a bad display ?

• TwoBurgers
    replied
    Originally posted by paxtana View Post
    I don't know what you are referring to. Probably best not to go off of forum rumors for information. You would not believe the amount of misinformation about the Surron we had to correct from people reading stuff like endless sphere.

Our current stock is not even a new shipment, we have had it over a month. All scoots ordered have stuff done to them before shipment but that is standard testing, branding etc.
    Appreciate you clarifying.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    I don't know what you are referring to. Probably best not to go off of forum rumors for information. You would not believe the amount of misinformation about the Surron we had to correct from people reading stuff like endless sphere.

Our current stock is not even a new shipment, we have had it over a month. All scoots ordered have stuff done to them before shipment but that is standard testing, branding etc.

Leave a comment:

• TwoBurgers
    replied
    I ordered a Apocolypse V2 last week and understand the latest batch they received has a small issue the guys at Luna are correcting before shipment. I read this on a chat group list, but would like to hear from Luna. I really like the Sur-Ron and am looking forward to the scooter. I currently have a 15 year old Go-Ped EX that is fun, but is certainly no where near the performance of the Apocolypse V2.
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• Halfloaf
    replied
    I agree with the handle bar issue, can you recommend a folding set. The appeal of the machine is portable and power in one.

Leave a comment:

• Roose Hurro
    commented on 's reply
    I don't do the smartphone thing. When it comes to transportation, this would be like me having to buy/pay for a smartphone because my car came without instrumentation. I shouldn't have to buy/use a separate device to gain the info I need/want. Need/want a dedicated instrument that records MPH/miles, so I have both a usable speedo AND a usable odometer. Built into the machine. Wired, not wireless. Call me Old-School.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Any time we request changes there is the possibility it may introduce other changes at the same time. This display was selected for the simplified operation and factory probably took no notice of the fact it only uses KPH because that's what the vast majority of the world uses.

Personally I would just add a smartphone mount on the handlebars and use a free speedometer app.

• Roose Hurro
    commented on 's reply
    Any reason why? Doesn't do any good for those of us in the United States. Been thinking of a V2 to go with my V1... already was bummed at the removal of regen. Now they've removed this? Part of the usefulness and appeal has to do with the flexibility to set things to preference. Love all the upgrades to the V2, though the BMX bars would make things more awkward/clumsy to get through doorways and into my car's trunk. But this is a sure-fire downgrade. I don't even know if it would be possible to replace the instrumentation... let alone what that would cost in parts and labor, just to make things right.

Comes down to... I may have to be satisfied with my one Apocalypse.
Working...
X