X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KHS 500 Fusion

Hey guys!

New user to this forum!

I pulled the trigger recently on a deluxe fusion KHS 500 fat bike, really impatient for it to get to my doorstep, I ordered it about a week ago!

I've noticed there hasn't been any reviews posted on the Luna website regarding this bike, so I was wondering if I could get some feedback from owners regarding the performance of the bike with the Ludacris 2500 watt controller in the BBSHD, and how it performs over all!

What top speeds are you getting? What battery do you have and how much range are you getting with that?

I appreciate any feedback!!

It pretty much just came out so it's a relatively new product. I think we've has only sold like 2-3 so far? However, it should perform the same as any other Ludicrous BBSHD w/ 17.5ah battery which means LOTS of torque.

Top speeds won't change much unless you increase the voltage which isn't possible with the Ludicrous BBSHD. Range will also be wildly dependant on how much you hit the throttle. A 17.5ah pack is unlikely to be rated for 50 amp continuous meaning you'll have to be gentle on the throttle.
    Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 08-06-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

According to Luna's website, it says their fusion battery pack is rated at 50 Amps continuous: "Uses Luna's Advanced 50 amp continuous BMS (long bursts of 80amps)", so it should be good for the throttle!

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        The BMS might be rated for it, but the cell count and type of cell is not. You'll definitely see accelerated reduced capacity and longevity if you plan on using full throttle. This is an inherit limitation of the Panasonic GA cell in configurations of less than 24ah+

• olivier48322
        olivier48322 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your feedback, I'll make sure to go easy on the throttle then!!

Anyone record a top speed on one of these

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Top speed is mainly affected by battery voltage and wind conditions. You probably won't see a difference with a 52v battery, Ludicrous controller or not.

Bruno did a video where he reached 75km/h with pedaling on a BBSHD unit without the Ludicrous controller. So I don't think you're going to get any faster than that.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjefSotenIU

EDIT: Plus you don't really wanna mess with top speeds, otherwise you're treading into Electric Motorcycle territory.

I would assume it tops out around 28-32 mph, all of course dependent of terrain, wind, rider ... etc. I will post a review when I get a chance to ride it!

Comment

Originally posted by olivier48322 View Post
        I would assume it tops out around 28-32 mph, all of course dependent of terrain, wind, rider ... etc. I will post a review when I get a chance to ride it!
        Olivier, I am in the same boat as you. Waiting on the large frame fusion 500. Been about two weeks. I'll be glad when they start shipping so I can get some information on them. By the way, 75KM/H is about 45MPH. That's insane speed for a bike.

Steve
        Last edited by stpierce; 08-08-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I will let you know whenever I get a shipping number, i'm hoping by the end of next week! Just like always, the wait is the worst part about these bikes ahaha!

Comment

Has anyone received one of these Yet?

Comment

Originally posted by jnet99 View Post
              Has anyone received one of these Yet?
              Nothing yet for me. Still staring at the "Awaiting Fulfillment " status on the orders web page. Been that way for 3 1/2 weeks now. I'll give them one more week then start calling again.

Steve
              Last edited by stpierce; 08-22-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

looking forward to hearing about this battery. just jumped into the pool and ordered a fusion!

Comment

Anyone received shipping date for the fusion 500? I can only get very vague answers from them. Probably September, maybe early Sept. but maybe late. Your bike may be built already, just waiting on battery. I am really starting to stress about this purchase. $3000 is mucho dinero to me. I am also being told that there will probably be a charge for cancelling order. I would love to speak with someone from Luna Cycle that can give me direct information. Is the owner accessible for questions like this?

Steve

Comment

it sounds like from one of their listings that they may be attending Burning Man. if that is so isn't that through to next week? i don't want to speak for them but you may have to wait til they get back.
                    i am absolutely assuming 100% i have no inside info. but this page here says burning man https://lunacycle.com/luna-fusion-crusher-2/

Comment

Originally posted by LordBinks View Post
                      it sounds like from one of their listings that they may be attending Burning Man. if that is so isn't that through to next week? i don't want to speak for them but you may have to wait til they get back.
                      i am absolutely assuming 100% i have no inside info. but this page here says burning man https://lunacycle.com/luna-fusion-crusher-2/
                      I hope your assumption is wrong.
                      Last edited by stpierce; 08-28-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I was told the bikes are built, they are just waiting on the batteries to be assembled. ETA is beginning of September, so I hope to see a shipping notification within the next week!

Anybody else have any news?

Comment

I will call again next Tuesday. Hopefully I can get more direct answers on shipping dates.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X