No announcement yet.

KHS 500 Fusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spoke with them again and no changes. No idea when batteries will be completed. Sent email to sales department asking for definite battery completion date and bike shipping date. If these cannot be provided, I will request a full refund. I am not paying any fees associated with bike assembly. Tired of calling this company to get information on a $3000.00 purchase. Customers could go months and not hear a word from them on their order. Not a good feeling.

Comment

Cancelled order and asked for full refund. Had enough.

Comment

Wow this is taking a long time indeed.

The lack of information makes the waiting seem like an internity. Are they giving you a full refund?

Comment

Originally posted by olivier48322 View Post
          Wow this is taking a long time indeed.

The lack of information makes the waiting seem like an internity. Are they giving you a full refund?
          They said the refund status will be up to the shipping manager. I expect a full refund.

Comment

stpierce:
            Quality takes time man, we are not going to half-ass the most critical part of a custom built ebike just because you are getting impatient. If you want a refund it will be processed soon as possible.

Once you get the refund please take your business elsewhere.

We are literally the only ebike company selling ebikes with batteries built in the USA, it is hard enough as it is and we don't need drama over a couple weeks delay.

Comment

Very professional response there...........................

Comment

You're complaining about something we have no control over.

I've been emailing Stpierce all week and giving him the best update to the situation I can... something he's been neglecting to mention in this thread. We don't receive real time updates for things like battery production and builds, so it's more of a "it'll be ready when it's ready" type deal because they are custom made in our US Warehouse and these things take time. They are not sourced by a third party Chinese manufacturer that is going to cut costs to save time. They are hand-built individually and lots of effort has to be put into them to make sure there are no issues with quality control.

However, that doesn't mean it's going to be in production forever. We're expecting to have the Fusion 500 packs completed and finished by the end of the month assuming there are no delays but we're not making any straight deadline promises since anything could happen.

Again, we're offering you a full refund so you're free to take your business elseware if you can't be patient and wait for production to finish.
                Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 09-06-2017, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I've said my piece. Just waiting on refund.

Want to apologize to olivier for hijacking his thread.

Wish nothing but good luck and fortune to Luna Cycles. Just didn't work out for me

Steve

Comment

Kit sales keep us in business, we sell bikes basically at cost. We do the conversion ourselves as a courtesy for folks, to help get more people on bikes because it is something we believe in not that is particularly profitable.

We state shipping multi-week lead times for bikes on shipping info page and we note that custom stuff adds to lead time (i.e. selecting a model with a custom built battery) https://lunacycle.com/shipping/

Ultimately you can have at most 2 things from any ebike company: quality, low price, fast delivery . If your priority is only on fast delivery then there's alternatives, just don't be surprised if it sucks. See below for a picture of what might happen. The guy below sourced from a low-quality chinese company that likely rushed through the manufacturing process.

Comment

• Ptcdavis
                      Ptcdavis commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That would look cool @40mph!

Received the bike with no issues. Great power - firm ride. I am ordering a stem extender so it looks like I will need a longer front brake cable.

Comment

Originally posted by jnet99 View Post
                      Received the bike with no issues. Great power - firm ride. I am ordering a stem extender so it looks like I will need a longer front brake cable.
                      What frame size did you order? 17"/19" and how tall are you? I'm 6'4" and I really like the 500 but they only have it in Medium.

Comment

I'm close to ordering this bike, but was wondering if the 19" size is large enough for me, 6'7" 235. Is there enough slack in the cables for a handlebar post extender? Also, how is the stock chain ring for peddling at 25mph - can it be ordered with a larger chain ring?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Comment

You can check the geometry link on the frame manufacturer specs to see how it will fit

http://khsbicycles.com/bikes/2018-kh...season-500-18/

This is sold with chainring that we think is the most optimal balance of torque and speed for this model but you are welcome to bolt on any ring you like after delivery.

If you mean the electrical cables there are extensions available for every one of them, at a minimum you should be able to use one of them to extend anything you need.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
                            You can check the geometry link on the frame manufacturer specs to see how it will fit

http://khsbicycles.com/bikes/2018-kh...season-500-18/

This is sold with chainring that we think is the most optimal balance of torque and speed for this model but you are welcome to bolt on any ring you like after delivery.

If you mean the electrical cables there are extensions available for every one of them, at a minimum you should be able to use one of them to extend anything you need.

Thank you! I guess I should get it first then figure out what I need.

No way to order it in the 21" size is there? I'm assuming you have them made in big batches, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

I'm guessing that if I can find a 450mm thudbuster, I'd be fine.

Seems like a great bike.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
                              HIGHVOLTAGE commented
                              Editing a comment
                              They are ordered in big batches but not made. Unfortunately we don't have any 21" frames right now but I can add your email to the notification list to be notified when one comes back in stock. Let me know :)

I'd definitely like to do that! Let me know how I should contact you with email address.

Comment

Working...
                            X