Luna Fusion Crusher 2 info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna Fusion Crusher 2 info

this looks like the one i've been waiting for. Full S Mountain with 52/24ah battery in a medium frame. only thing i might want is slightly thicker tires. with how quickly things sell out and the long restocking times i jumped in and ordered. very excited indeed. can't wait to see a more detailed review.

That much power doesn't really make sense on that bike if you ask me, they should have used a trail or enduro bike as the donor like the Trance or even the Reign. Then you'd have a seriously capable bike for the trails.

Comment

High end enduro bikes have too much flex. Good for regular downhill but with ludi not so good, too much power and it pulls the rear to the side when hitting full throttle.

Comment

So you'd rather put it on a lighter weight, steeper angled XC bike? I'm not following that logic.

Comment

It is just one of many models we are working on, I am simply pointing out why we did not start with something like our khs 7500 for the next-generation builds.
          Frame geometry etc. is important but there are other important considerations for a production bike. This frame has great components while still maintaining that rigidity we want in the rear suspension for it to take thousands of watts through the drivetrain, and it also has a big triangle so we can fit a big pack. Not saying we won't do a trance, reign etc someday but this easily one of the best bikes we have ever built.

Comment

very excited!!! thanks for the info. how does the battery detach for charging? also if we wanted to get an extra one can we order online or have to call in?

Comment

Its mounted magnetically with backup straps keeping it in place. You don't have to detach it to charge though it has a charger port right on it. But you can if you want to.
              This goes into more detail on the battery.
              https://lunacycle.com/the-luna-fusion-battery-pack/

We will be selling more batteries yes, I'm not sure if we could swing getting you an extra one right off the bat but maybe. You would need to email support@lunacycle.com and we could get back to you after checking but given the internal demand at the moment I think the folks building the batteries already have their hands full so there might be a wait.

Comment

so looks like there are 2 batteries offered for this bike. the samsung 30q 21ah battery vs the panasonice GA 24ah. the samsung gives more power vs panasonic longer range. i'm leaning towards the more power and crossing fingers that the range won't be bad.

Comment

• calfee20
                  calfee20 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I thought the GA gave both range and power.

i guess the GA packs are good but not as powerful compared to the samsung cells. the order page says the samsung packs are recommended for the ludicrous setup

Comment

Looking at the Ludicrous Fat bike and the Crusher 2 with Ludicrous upgrade. Which is faster (higher top speed) given same rider weight and terrain, etc? If you had to choose between these two, which would you choose and why?

Comment

i chose the crusher 2 mainly because of the battery option. i was waiting for a bike that came in the ludicrous setup and had full suspension with a 24ah battery (even though i opted for the 21ah because i was told it had more off the line power. the other bike only had the 17.5ah battery which i believe is too low to consider. i'm hoping the 21ah won't give up too soon on the throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by MMA Wiz View Post
                      Looking at the Ludicrous Fat bike and the Crusher 2 with Ludicrous upgrade. Which is faster (higher top speed) given same rider weight and terrain, etc? If you had to choose between these two, which would you choose and why?
                      All things being equal a fatbike will be slower than a mountain bike. Fatbikes are comfy to ride, and fun on odd terrain, like an SUV.
                      An e-mtb is more sleek, a bit less grippy on loose terrain like mud and snow, lighter and easier to put on a stand or cargo rack, and faster.

I would go with crusher because it needs less lead time for us to build it.

Comment

i have a fat ebike as well and yes they are great on rough terrain, smooth ride, floats like a limo. but slower to turn, and tires are a bit more sluggish in comparison.

Comment

wow. that didn't take long to sell out! what was that a week?

Comment

• paxtana
                            paxtana commented
                            Editing a comment
                            A little more than that but yeah they sold out quick, a lot of people got in on that bike

can you tell how many there were total? just curious

Comment

Working...
                          X